AVATAR land construction progress

HauntedMansionFLA

You know, it has been quite some time since we have had an overhead photos (of anything actually, not just DAK). I hope @photoginit hasn't been shot down.
I just checked PhotoMaps and it's still the image from December 2014. Like you said, it's been awhile since we had an overhead shot. You might have to do something about that when your down there in less than two weeks ( you lucky dog )

Vinmann

I just checked PhotoMaps and it's still the image from December 2014. Like you said, it's been awhile since we had an overhead shot. You might have to do something about that when your down there in less than two weeks ( you lucky dog )
I have a feeling we wont be seeing any new overhead pics until after they get the ride systems installed and roofs over them.

Tom

Beta Return
Wonder what that new silver structure is?

The "silver" steel is galvanized. It's had a coating applied during fabrication to protect it from corrosion. This would be done when the steel would be used in a damp environment, like in a water-based attraction or as the supporting structure for a portion of a building exposed to the humid outside air.

I believe the galvanized steel in that photo will be over the boat ride, if I've got my angles correct in my mind.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The roof is already on?

Yes, you can see it in @WDWtraveler's latest photo.

img_5326-jpg.90791

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nice picture. It gives us a different angle than before. What's to the right of the boat ride part ( in front of the E- ticket ride)?

That will probably be the the rockwork structure that will cover the show building and contain at least part of the queue. The E-ticket is only half built in this picture it now extends almost all the way to that wall below the ride in the picture.

doctornick

That will probably be the the rockwork structure that will cover the show building and contain at least part of the queue. The E-ticket is only half built in this picture it now extends almost all the way to that wall below the ride in the picture.

Yeah, I would love to see an up to date picture from this angle (and with this level of zoom).

rioriz

i d say zero chance
but could you imagine the riots on this board LOL
im very pro avatar but I wouldn't want that either
Man the Humanity of it all....lol

Still I would think Cameron would want his creation at least squeezed into the mix...just off the wall but I wonder if dragons maybe live in the Pandorian world of the sequels??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom