AVATAR land construction progress

P_Radden

Not unless they absolutely have to. Most designs will allow ride components, especially those sensitive to the elements, to be installed after the building is dried in.

Interesting, I wasn't sure if there were some larger components that had to be put in before the building was enclosed.. All this Avatar Land construction is starting to get exciting!

Nothing like some good ol WDW construction progress pics to go with my morning coffee haha

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Interesting, I wasn't sure if there were some larger components that had to be put in before the building was enclosed.. All this Avatar Land construction is starting to get exciting!

Nothing like some good ol WDW construction progress pics to go with my morning coffee haha
It all depends on the design of the building.

As a general rule you try to avoid having to put sensitive equipment in not only a weather exposed structure, but in one that has major construction going on (swinging steel beams that wight several tons and sensitive equipment is a bad mix). Sometimes you have no choice, but that is the exception.

Clamman73

I'm extrapolating about 98 ft to the 245mm mark if that bottom floor extends down the same height as the other floors. This assumes the guy in the picture with hard hat is six feet. Maybe my math is off, but this is just based off the picture and a ruler and assumptions.
245/15 = 16.3 * 6 foot person = 97.8
Yes? No?
image.jpg

twebber55

I'm extrapolating about 98 ft to the 245mm mark if that bottom floor extends down the same height as the other floors. This assumes the guy in the picture with hard hat is six feet. Maybe my math is off, but this is just based off the picture and a ruler and assumptions.
245/15 = 16.3 * 6 foot person = 97.8
Yes? No?
View attachment 91327
great job, which takes me back to my original question....how they gonna hide that sucker?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom