AVATAR land construction progress

doctornick

There is a strong reason to believe the boat ride will have a drop.

I'd love to hear that reason if you can share.

That said, while I think a drop would be fine, I hope it would be in the range of POTC. I would hate for the boat ride to have a significant thrill factor that would limit it from being an all ages ride. DAK really could use some calm family friendly rides.

RSoxNo1

That said, while I think a drop would be fine, I hope it would be in the range of POTC. I would hate for the boat ride to have a significant thrill factor that would limit it from being an all ages ride. DAK really could use some calm family friendly rides.

I wouldn't expect Splash Mountain. This is based on the same stuff @articos is pointing out. Others have also speculated the same thing.

I would venture he's picking for a headline and pulling from the original dates.

I don't think that's the case here. He either has information that it's been delayed to 2018, or he didn't complete his thought (this is how he gets in trouble with the fan community quite a bit). I posed the question to him for clarification and am awaiting a response.

articos

I wouldn't expect Splash Mountain. This is based on the same stuff @articos is pointing out. Others have also speculated the same thing.

I don't think that's the case here. He either has information that it's been delayed to 2018, or he didn't complete his thought (this is how he gets in trouble with the fan community quite a bit). I posed the question to him for clarification and am awaiting a response.
It's not 2018.

andysol

Maelstrom had a way better drop than POTC and didn't have a height requirement either.

lentesta

Premium Member
I missed it on the actual podcast, but I guess @lentesta did ask him if he meant 2018 and he confirmed that. Jim is saying 2018, others are saying 2017.

I think Jim said it's running around 7 months behind schedule. I thought the original open date was supposed to be April, so that would put it at late 2017, right? Assuming no time is made up or lost between now and then.

That said, does anyone think this is going to be an early 2017 opening? I haven't heard anything like that, but I could be wrong.

RSoxNo1

I think Jim said it's running around 7 months behind schedule. I thought the original open date was supposed to be April, so that would put it at late 2017, right? Assuming no time is made up or lost between now and then.

That said, does anyone think this is going to be an early 2017 opening? I haven't heard anything like that, but I could be wrong.
Just trying to compare the construction to Mine Train construction and spring 2017 seemed likely.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This might not be Avatar related but I thought I would put it here anyway. A South Florida Water Management District permit was filed today for a "MASH Modular Building" to be built backstage at AK. I have marked the location in this image. The lower three sheds will be removed but the other two will remain. I have also attached the plans from the permit.

I am not sure what "MASH" means in this context.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
This might not be Avatar related but I thought I would put it here anyway. A South Florida Water Management District permit was filed today for a "MASH Modular Building" to be built backstage at AK. I have marked the location in this image. The lower three sheds will be removed but the other two will remain. I have also attached the plans from the permit.

I am not sure what "MASH" means in this context.

View attachment 97422

View attachment 97424

Main Animal Surgical Hospital

*1023*

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Why would it go there and not Rafiki's?
That was purely speculation on my part. The acronym worked and I wouldn't be surprised is they relocated the hospital between the Resort property and the park. We could ask Scott Terrell, DVM...

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom