AVATAR land construction progress

Gracy_hm

Is this a picture from on the ride? Thought someone may know.

Thanks AND your welcome

Attachments

• C0teSBiXgAQlSAj.jpg
    C0teSBiXgAQlSAj.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 345

Princess Leia

My guess (and what makes most sense) is that after a while, they'll drop the 'World of Avatar' part. Right now, it's just there so the general public can associate the land with the film, but after several years that probably will no longer be needed.
Well... Considering how most of the population has probably already forgotten about Avatar, it might still be needed.

matt9112

The pictures are amazing. I wonder what they are hiding. This will really keep them in the park at night now. Doesn't look like it will impact the animals either. May have to make a trip down in May or June.

Only at night though.

Park is already night centric in my opinion....its funny we are all talking about how cool the land will be at night. However what about daytime? Will it still hold its own witho7t all the lighting? Furthermore the entire park is much more amazing at night and (my opinion here) weaker during the day.

truecoat

Park is already night centric in my opinion....its funny we are all talking about how cool the land will be at night. However what about daytime? Will it still hold its own witho7t all the lighting? Furthermore the entire park is much more amazing at night and (my opinion here) weaker during the day.

I'm sure with all the vegetation, this area will still look outstanding. Especially with the floating mountains.

flyerjab

Just wanted to repost this here as this thread sees a lot of traffic. This is the best video I have seen when looking at the spared-no-expense level of detail and theming for this expansion. Unbelievable how incredible this is going to be, during the day and especially at night.

I'm not sure if I can link to a FB video on this forum, but I'll give it a try

Orlando Channel 9 TV, Feb 8th

twebber55

Just wanted to repost this here as this thread sees a lot of traffic. This is the best video I have seen when looking at the spared-no-expense level of detail and theming for this expansion. Unbelievable how incredible this is going to be, during the day and especially at night.
both entrances to the land has a funky pavement/paint different from the other areas

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
No I agree, it will more than hold its own. I'm talking about the heat in the daytime. It'll be too much for my family.

Marlins1

After the disappointments of 2016 I have been forcing myself not to get excited about 2017 but I can't do it anymore. Opening dates for ROL and Pandora (which looks amazing), cool new ride at TL, Paddlefish and Edison, new MK fireworks show, resort housekeeping upgrade - this has to be the turning point year!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Have you seen the pictures and videos? It looks pretty darn cool during the day too.

Animal Kingdom is overall very pretty at night, but I wouldn't call the park night centric. Until this latest round of projects the park has barely been open at night most of the year. For a long while it was closing much earlier than the other parks (especially in the winter). There was no night show and until recently no night Safari. I think with ROL, Pandora, the night Safari and other nighttime activity Disney is making a very good attempt at making the park a full day experience.

Goofyque'

Pretty much every park. AK is beautiful during the day. Many people have not experienced its hidden charms after dark. Arguably, the same holds true for MK. Many of the rides and lands are whole new experience after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom