AVATAR land construction progress

BrianLo

Apart from the six at the start.

Living with the Land definitely has sets before the greenhouses.

Living with the Land has some dang good sets. The rainforest, desert, and prairie are dimensional and I'd put them on the same or higher level compared to, say, GMR's sets.

Ack... I believe I've revealed my deep dark secret. I haven't been to WDW in 5 years and clearly I don't actually remember this attraction very well...

truecoat

It is of course no accident that the Cirque du Soleil TORUK is on tour, either . . .

So, yeah, a lot of people are going to hear, or re-hear about the film in the next couple months--I think.

Turok was the 6th best grossing tour of last year which is surprising to me. Even though I'm a big fan of the Avatar movie, I know it's the Cirque name that brings people out.

rle4lunch

I was just wondering if other people feel that the Avatarland rollout has been lackluster to say the least. Even Disney doesn't really seem to care. I know I don't. Based on the advertising (or lack thereof), it seems like it's gonna be kinda boring. I hope I'm wrong, and I want to be wrong, but I just get a big 'meh' when I read all the 'news' on this land. I hope it does well, considering DAK needs something, anything, to help it become a full day (and now, nighttime) park.

RobbinsDad

I was just wondering if other people feel that the Avatarland rollout has been lackluster to say the least. Even Disney doesn't really seem to care. I know I don't. Based on the advertising (or lack thereof), it seems like it's gonna be kinda boring. I hope I'm wrong, and I want to be wrong, but I just get a big 'meh' when I read all the 'news' on this land. I hope it does well, considering DAK needs something, anything, to help it become a full day (and now, nighttime) park.
I feel exactly the opposite. I haven't been this excited about something new at WDW since maybe... well, ever. Somebody recently said it was like giving people who are starving a stale cracker. That might be true, but I'm still jacked.

twebber55

my suggestion would be to let Disney actually start the PR push before declaring the advertising bad and the land boring

rle4lunch

I feel exactly the opposite. I haven't been this excited about something new at WDW since maybe... well, ever. Somebody recently said it was like giving people who are starving a stale cracker. That might be true, but I'm still jacked.

the starving a stale cracker thing made me chuckle. thx.

rle4lunch

my suggestion would be to let Disney actually start the PR push before declaring the advertising bad and the land boring

I didn't declare it boring, enhance your calm, lol. I said I hope it does well. I also said the marketing push has been lackluster. talk to a non-disney'ite' about it and they'll have no clue what you're talking about.

maybe surprise is Disney's weapon of choice on this.

twebber55

I didn't declare it boring, enhance your calm, lol. I said I hope it does well. I also said the marketing push has been lackluster. talk to a non-disney'ite' about it and they'll have no clue what you're talking about.

maybe surprise is Disney's weapon of choice on this.
oh my bad sorry
i thought when you said,"Based on the advertising (or lack thereof), it seems like it's gonna be kinda boring." you were calling it boring

for the record i was not a huge fan of the first commercial but we will see what they come up with
although the website visitpandora.com is a good idea

Ismael Flores

I think they have just been overly cautious to not advertise it too soon. With the decrease in attendance I'm sure they wanted to make sure that people didn't change first their winter plans and Spring plans. The land is not going anywhere, I'm sure they will start heavier promotion as Spring approaches to help boost summer and next winters attendance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom