AVATAR land construction progress

Incomudro

As I understand it, actual smoke is not used in theatrics. The fog you see is a heated up combination of water, glycol-based or/or glycerin-based fluids that are relatively non-toxic. You will also see use of dry ice and LN2 for some ground applications.

Actual smoke has a host of health related problems, so I would not expect to see them use it in any fashion.

Attachments

• Page.jpg
    Page.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 169

RSoxNo1

ROL was ready to open on time, but couldn't due to technical issues. Assuming no major technical issues with the rides I don't see why they couldn't be open by then. I could even see them opening with just one of the rides if there were problems with the other.
Rivers of Light wasn't ready to open because as you said, there were technical issues. The quality issues surfaced later.

djkidkaz

Very curious to see the next aerial update. We're about 3-4 months out so they should be getting close to adding the last of the walkways and getting final touches done so they can test and adjust all this night lighting effects.

JoeCamel

Very curious to see the next aerial update. We're about 3-4 months out so they should be getting close to adding the last of the walkways and getting final touches done so they can test and adjust all this night lighting effects.

Maybe we will see what is up with the zig-zag walkways?

doctornick

Ask Everests peak misting system.

I thought the issue there is that it interfered with the ride sensors or damaged the track or something. That kind of concern I wouldn't think would come into play if they are just using fog/smoke/mist above all the buildings in Pandora to partially obscure the floating rocks and their supports. There's no ride up there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought the issue there is that it interfered with the ride sensors or damaged the track or something. That kind of concern I wouldn't think would come into play if they are just using fog/smoke/mist above all the buildings in Pandora to partially obscure the floating rocks and their supports. There's no ride up there.
That was the cave mister.

There was another separate peak mister. Courtesy of this site:

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kali as well, right?
Seems to be more hit and most, but part of Kali is a misting system. The logging scene (minus fire) is more traditional if I recall.

WDW doesn't seem to manage consistency overall with smoke effects. Annoyingly Spaceship Earth had issues with water vapour misting in 1994 and Everest repeated the same mistake four years later.

Mike S

Seems to be more hit and most, but part of Kali is a misting system. The logging scene (minus fire) is more traditional if I recall.

WDW doesn't seem to manage consistency overall with smoke effects. Annoyingly Spaceship Earth had issues with water vapour misting in 1994 and Everest repeated the same mistake four years later.
Everest opened in 1998? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom