AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
that seems really early to me. I still feel like it will easily get delayed to later summer. With such a (seemingly) simple project like ROL getting delayed by a about a year, I wouldn't count on it being on Memorial Day.

ROL was ready to open on time, but couldn't due to technical issues. Assuming no major technical issues with the rides I don't see why they couldn't be open by then. I could even see them opening with just one of the rides if there were problems with the other.

Cody5242

ROL was ready to open on time, but couldn't due to technical issues. Assuming no major technical issues with the rides I don't see why they couldn't be open by then. I could even see them opening with just one of the rides if there were problems with the other.
It seems like it's getting close to being finished with concrete being poured on the paths. That's usually a good indicator when a project is wrapping up

twebber55

ive never understood the argument since one isolated project is delayed all other projects will be delayed

HouseHacker97

ive never understood the argument since one isolated project is delayed all other projects will be delayed

i was just saying that a simpler project encountering technical difficulties that delay the project by a year certainly proves that there is room for error on a much more complicated project- and therefore I wouldn't get my hopes up for such an early opening

lazyboy97o

I heard from someone who's friend rode Flight of Passage and they said the visual effects were still rough but once it's spruced up the film will be in 10K. Would this be a first for a theme park attraction?
Depends on how you want to define first. First to be at that overall number? Probably. First to synchronize multiple projectors to create a higher resolution? No.

EricsBiscuit

From today. Good views from Nomad Lounge

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 353

doctornick

Because even the slightest wind would clear it almost instantly. There is also a big difference in the visual effect generated by actual smoke and what is produced by a fog or haze machine.

Fair enough. Is there machines that make "actual" smoke that could be used? Since we are talking about an area far away from guests, I wouldn't think that air contamination would be a concern.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fair enough. Is there machines that make "actual" smoke that could be used? Since we are talking about an area far away from guests, I wouldn't think that air contamination would be a concern.
As I understand it, actual smoke is not used in theatrics. The fog you see is a heated up combination of water, glycol-based or/or glycerin-based fluids that are relatively non-toxic. You will also see use of dry ice and LN2 for some ground applications.

Actual smoke has a host of health related problems, so I would not expect to see them use it in any fashion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom