AVATAR land construction progress

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 29. Not much to show that has changed since last week, but here is a view today from the park entrance turnstiles. A lot more is visible now.

IMG_5870.JPG

Incomudro

It would have been nice. It sucks that you have to take a bus everywhere from AKL. It's my major problem with the resort. Part of the benefit of a deluxe, in general, is not having to take a bus everywhere.

That is the primary reason I have yet to stay in AKL, and keep returning to Beach Club.
Being able to get into and out of two parks on foot is unbeatable.

Incomudro

I believe he was saying the Disneyland resort in Disneyland would be for you because of its proximity to the parks in Anaheim.

Well, being I live in the North East, I'm in closer proximity to Florida.
Anyway, it's hard to argue with a location that allows access to two of the parks without even needing to board transportation.
(We usually take the boat to Hollywood Studios, but not always back if we've just missed one on a crowded Star Wars day.)

Incomudro

I agree about the transportation issue and love the Epcot resorts and the Poly but AKL is an amazing resort. Worth a stay even if you don't visit the parks IMO.

Yes, AKL is beautiful and it does call to me.
The whole family loves Animal Kingdom Park, despite it taking it's share of hits here.
A stay at AKL is not ruled out, it's just that when it comes time to pulling the trigger - I've yet to go for it.
I wish I could take more vacations than an annual one.
If that were the case, I'd mix things up more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's the show building with walls up already?

Yep, the have been closing it for a few weeks now.

Wonder if they'll theme or hide that portion at all. I'm sure it's not visible from inside the park itself.

That has been a big topic of discussion. That side will not be visible from within the park so it will probably get some light themeing and some trees to hide it.

jt04

Yep, the have been closing it for a few weeks now.

That has been a big topic of discussion. That side will not be visible from within the park so it will probably get some light themeing and some trees to hide it.

Can redwoods grow in Florida? Because that is what it might take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom