AVATAR land construction progress

jt04

I never understood why they didn't do this, not even a walking path.

I have always assumed they feared humans might escape into the nearby wildlife zones. Also, it is quite a distance. But Pandora does shrink that distance although I doubt they want guests seeing the massive new backstage infrastructure. This calls for Imaginnering.

bakntime

Just a note on the sitting vs. standing thing for Rivers of Light. The terraced viewing area leads me to believe they will be bench seats like Fantasmic. If they intended it to be standing only, it would probably not be terraced but rather just sloped, like World of Color, Disneyland's Fantasmic, or Illuminations. There may end up being some standing-room-only areas behind the terraced seating, but I fully expect there to be benches on those terraces. I hope I'm right :cautious:

RSoxNo1

No guarantees, they made us put our phones in sealed bags last Expo. No photos were allowed for certain presentations.
I'm guessing they will allow recording devices and phones in the parks and resorts presentation but not movies. What was weird was two years ago during the movies presentation that told us we couldn't use any recording devices or computers and then there was a section full of media in front of us on laptops.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I'm guessing they will allow recording devices and phones in the parks and resorts presentation but not movies. What was weird was two years ago during the movies presentation that told us we couldn't use any recording devices or computers and then there was a section full of media in front of us on laptops.

They would be taking notes for articles. Press know the rules what they are allowed to record and what they are not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I remember hearing a rumor a long time ago that said Disney might consider building a second AK area hotel on the opposite side of the park. That side of the park has less backstage infrastructure so some sort of alternate transport would be easier to do. Not sure where this rumor came from or if it was even true.

HauntedMansionFLA

It would have been nice. It sucks that you have to take a bus everywhere from AKL. It's my major problem with the resort. Part of the benefit of a deluxe, in general, is not having to take a bus everywhere.
We have stayed at AKL several times and the bus system isn't bad. At least AKL has it's own resort busses. BUT I can't compare since that's the only place we have stayed. ( I know, poor baby ) It would be cool to have an second option.

jt04

I remember hearing a rumor a long time ago that said Disney might consider building a second AK area hotel on the opposite side of the park. That side of the park has less backstage infrastructure so some sort of alternate transport would be easier to do. Not sure where this rumor came from or if it was even true.

It was one of our insiders whom I won't specify but it does make sense when you look at the land available.

P_Radden

Kind of off topic, but, although I am excited for Pandora to open up, there are still 2 things about AK that really bother me. The cheap carnival looking Primeval Whirl and the cheapened, shortened version of KRR. I wish they could move Savannah Cir and expand KRR to equal the greatness of GRR in DCA. And as far as Primeval Whirl goes, IMO they could bulldoze that whole end of Dinoland and rebuild with better attractions.

If Pandora and RoL are as good as we hope, AK will no doubt be an absoutely incredible park. Maybe years down the road they will do something about Dinoland and KRR.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have stayed at AKL several times and the bus system isn't bad. At least AKL has it's own resort busses. BUT I can't compare since that's the only place we have stayed. ( I know, poor baby ) It would be cool to have an second option.
I have stayed at nearly every resort on property so guess I can compare.

AKL has one of the best bus systems on property.

sublimesting

Kind of off topic, but, although I am excited for Pandora to open up, there are still 2 things about AK that really bother me. The cheap carnival looking Primeval Whirl and the cheapened, shortened version of KRR. I wish they could move Savannah Cir and expand KRR to equal the greatness of GRR in DCA. And as far as Primeval Whirl goes, IMO they could bulldoze that whole end of Dinoland and rebuild with better attractions.

If Pandora and RoL are as good as we hope, AK will no doubt be an absoutely incredible park. Maybe years down the road they will do something about Dinoland and KRR.
I agree with you on that. To me the whole carnival aspect of Dinoland just misses the mark. I get what they were going for but if you are unaware of what the theming is supposed to be (and I was unaware at first) it just looks cheap and unfinished. KRR could and should be made to be lush and immeasurably beautiful and long. Then at the end, when people are expecting a grand climax you have the deforestation. That would really hit home and send a message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom