AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

If Disney was looking to put non-Disney animal characters into Animal Kingdom, they should have gone to Nintendo. Build some Donkey Kong and Pokemon stuff.

RadioHead

Oh gee I'm sorry i'm not doing what you want me to, for heaven's sake why should I have the free will to not follow in other people's footsteps.

And I've stated multiple times that my issue with this is not with the movie but with the fact that it's gonna be in Animal Kingdom. I could care less if it popped up in the Studios or EPCOT or even MK, where you can find an area where it would thematically fit in.

You're the one acting all immature starting to bring out such juvenile tactics as sexual metaphors for no reason along with taking little things I say out of context and blowing them out of proportion masquerading as valid arguments.

The fact you think this fits more in line with Epcot boggles my ever loving mind.

Honestly, I don't care that you dislike the idea. Again, its your opinion. I'm more upset with fact your writing it off based off the fact you dislike the theme.

If you saw the concept art, saw of the proposed attractions/resturants, if you heard further details as to what expect from this land and if you were STILL upset than I'm be A-Okay.

But the fact we know NOTHING about what to expect, and already writing it off makes me ticked. It's irrational, and something that I expect from a teen, not an adult whose nearly at the end of there lifecycle.

me_stitch

Premium Member
I don't get why someone would boycott AK or WDW for that matter because of an attraction or entire land. That's like saying you wouldn't go on RnRC because you don't like Aerosmith. :confused: If you hate Avatar that much, just don't go to that area of the park when it's done. I'm sure there's people who don't like Star Wars but you don't avoid HS because of Star Tours. :confused: Just in case you don't get what I'm trying to say, I'm a "Ford" guy but I'l still ride Test Track several times even though it's sponsored by GM. Ok, I'm done now.

RadioHead

I don't get why someone would boycott AK or WDW for that matter because of an attraction or entire land. That's like saying you wouldn't go on RnRC because you don't like Aerosmith. :confused: If you hate Avatar that much, just don't go to that area of the park when it's done. I'm sure there's people who don't like Star Wars but you don't avoid HS because of Star Tours. :confused: Just in case you don't get what I'm trying to say, I'm a "Ford" guy but I'l still ride Test Track several times even though it's sponsored by GM. Ok, I'm done now.

Because he's trolling. He's probably never even set foot in a Disney park. Ten bucks this is probably the President of Universal Studios. :lol:

stitchcastle

But the fact we know NOTHING about what to expect, and already writing it off makes me ticked. It's irrational, and something that I expect from a teen, not an adult whose nearly at the end of there lifecycle.

I'm writing it off because it doesn't fit in fundamentally, not because the land itself sucks, which we don't know yet and I could really care less. I'm opposed to the placement not the land. You're being ed off, calling people irrational and immature for no reason.

Bairstow

Man, Pandora sounds great! I can't wait to go!
[Youtube]GBGDmin_38E[/youtube]

Errr..... on second thought, maybe not...
[Youtube]kyRR8chgqLE[/youtube]

TinkerBelle8878

If Construction isn't supposed to start until 2013, what happens if the two movies come out and bomb at the box office in the time frame from construction to it being done?

The first one was extremely overhyped. Its not something like Toy Story where you hear there's going to be another one and everyone's excited from kids to grandparents.

The conservation aspect, I suppose, is a good fit with Animal Kingdom but I'd have preferred money going into Beastly Kingdom which was part of the original AK plan and already had ideas of attractions.

I guess my feelings are maybe wait until all 3 movies are done and then announce it. HP, if memory serves was after the last book release or around there and at least halfway through the movies. They knew it was a hit, not just what might be a one time fluke waiting on 2 more sequels.

In the meantime, there's far more things at WDW that need the time, money, and attention before this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Stitchcastle and radiohead, can you take this to private messaging. The constant back and forth of the same point is starting to derail the thread. Thanks

FigmentJedi

The fact you think this fits more in line with Epcot boggles my ever loving mind.
Future technology that allows psychic control of what are essentially organic robots, interstellar space travel via solar sails, giant mechs, the environmental themes that would be just as useable as a film in The Land. May not be Epcot but at the very least it's more Tomorrowland then Animal Kingdom/Adventureland

dkalhinz57

picture.php

Think of the hidden Mickey possibilities? Sorry if the photo did not post, newbie here long time reader first time poster. By the way never saw the movie but I like the idea.

Scuttle

I dont get it either. For those of you who don't like the news. Think about what is going to result in this, the Everest refurb that we all want! We should all be happy because in all likelihood this will bring us a new E-ticket, possibly an F-ticket and a fixed Yeti. Come on guys this is good news!

FigmentJedi

I would honestly kill for a Nintendo park in Disney World. KILL.

And the beauty thing with Nintendo is that the two companies have been working together since Walt was alive. In the 1960s, Nintendo got the rights to publish Disney playing cards that ended up being a big hit in Japan. There were two Mickey Game and Watch games. And the long history of Disney games on Nintendo systems, and Nintendo would be the ones to bring Epic Mickey to Japan and fix the camera along the way.

Also, Mario and Mickey are basically the same person. White gloves, high voice, a red wardrobe, most recognizable characters in their respective media, villains that are just as likely to go-kart with them when they aren't fighting, and to top it all off, both were created as a result of copyright disputes. The original Arcade Donkey Kong? It was going to be a Popeye game until Nintendo was unable to secure the rights and were forced to create their own characters. Popeye became Mario, Bluto became DK and Olive Oyl became Pauline.

Thrill

Oh gee I'm sorry i'm not doing what you want me to, for heaven's sake why should I have the free will to not follow in other people's footsteps.

And I've stated multiple times that my issue with this is not with the movie but with the fact that it's gonna be in Animal Kingdom. I could care less if it popped up in the Studios or EPCOT or even MK, where you can find an area where it would thematically fit in.

How, pray tell, does Avatar fit with Epcot or Magic Kingdom?

Epcot is about technology on one side and world cultures on another. Both of which are a long stretch for Avatar.

Magic Kingdom turns up with nothing either. Turn of the century, the future, fantasy (generally fairy tales), colonial era, the wild west (featuring an Avatar-in-AK size stretch of Splash Mountain, I might add), and an ambiguous land which would appear to represent a variety of exotic locations on earth.

Prototype82

This is exactly what Animal Kingdom needs. It's perfect. Avatar is a tale of a lush land, fantasy creatures, environmental themes...It fits the bill perfectly. No lie, I have chills right now.

RadioHead

I've heard a few reports claiming that the project will range from the 600-800 million mark. One article say's there are 2 routes. The 500M< range, and the 700M+ range. One going all the way out, while the other take a more conservative approach.

Anyone know any final figures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom