AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

montyz81

this is great news. Will be real competition. They will get more attention as this franchise still has movies in the works and Harry Potter doesn't. In 3 years this franchise will still be at Top of Mind for the consumer which will result in attendance numbers.

Scuttle

Its actually a better situation than HP. Avatar has at least two more movies coming out while Potter is done.

While I don't like Avatar, this is a huge get.

It is a better situation. How do you go wrong with the highest grossing film all time with two more movies yet to come? My biggest excitement about this is that the sky is the actual limit with this land. I mean Imagineering could have a field day with all the details and different creatures in Avatar. Let's just hope they go all out and avoid budget cuts, which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be a problem in this situation.

cynic710

Here's why I won't be going into that part of AK when it opens...

I don't care at all for Avatar to begin with.

so you will actually avoid a section of a park ( a big section at that supposedly) ? why?

i cant stand small world but i go on it every time im there. im just curious?

durangojim

I can understand fans being disappointed or upset that AK isn't getting existing rides that are in other Disney parks, but I can't understand fans not being exited about newer possibly better rides exclusive to WDW that haven't even been imagined yet. Guess I'm a glass half-full type of guy and I'm not even a huge AVATAR fan, I just thing theres A LOT of opportunity here for some really cool unique stuff.:shrug:

NX2I85

Its actually a better situation than HP. Avatar has at least two more movies coming out while Potter is done.

While I don't like Avatar, this is a huge get.

This sums it up for me. I thought Avatar was boring and overrated. I won't consider seeing any sequel. Yet I am anxious to see what imagineers can come up with to bring that world to life. Avatarland has the potential to be a real crowd pleaser.

jmenjes

So you're saying if there is a Major E-Ticket attraction, you'll refuse to ride it on principle?

Yep. Why visit something I find to be mind-numbingly unimportant and dull to begin with?

Same reason I'll never go to Harry Potter at Universal. I do not care for it.

FigmentJedi

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Atomicmickey

Think Soarin'--in 3D--on the back of one of those Banshee thingys.

:eek:

Think a walkthrough--or restaurant--in the self-illuminated forest.

:D

Think about things that we haven't thought about yet, because James Cameron is still working on them for 2 and 3.

And to those of you who say it doesn't fit in DAK, it fits better than Beestlie Kyngdomme. Avatar's main theme was about oneness with nature, conservation and preservation. Perfect. What the heck do Unicorns have to do with that? Not that I wouldn't have liked to have seen/experienced the aforementioned Keeingdommee but this is very appropriate.

cynic710

already could imagine a fly-through coaster through the cliffs, a walk-through of a light-up tree, possibly something to do with those crazy mech-warrior suits. goodness the ideas are endless!

bhg469

That's funny. I thought 20th Century Fox owned Ferngully.

LOL since no one else said it, LOL! I love this comparison because its pretty true.

I like the idea of something big coming, I love progress in Disney world and I think that if Cameron is attached it will be top notch. Having said that, IN DAK I would really prefer a sea area or another land like Australia. I hope this is truly amazing and I hope the big mechanical suit on the ride stays working.

And as far as this being competition for Harry potter. It will be Disney and James cameron together so it will be amazing but the second and third movie aren't going to touch the first. Sorry to say it but that franchise is gold and HP and star wars are Platinum.

Unless theres a rapping reptile voiced by tone loc. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom