AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Scuttle

And perhaps we now know why Iger, the Board, Rhode, etc were seen around AK a few months back. Clearly this is going to be a major investment and something that would have to go through all the creative and business channels.

I was thinking the same thing. It made no sense at all when Iger was spotted at AK 3 weeks after he was in town for the Star Tours opening. I posted my opinion a few months ago and was shot down by Lee, but I think this has been what the lockdown at WDI has been about and obviously they did a good job since none of our insiders knew.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Even for those who hate this idea, you have to admit that this is going to create a TON of press for WDW.

The teen crowd that started to flock to Potter will now have a reason to come back.

WDWGoof07

Hmmm, sequel bombs...project shelved.

Getting my prediction in early.
No matter how good or bad the sequel is, it will do well at the box office...though I certainly will not be seeing it...I wonder if there are many other people like me who saw the first, but won't go to the second...You know, maybe you're onto something :lookaroun

Nah, who am I kidding? It will make a lot of money at the box office.

I'll have to see about this, but it looks very promising. Although it might not be as successful as the Harry Pooter World, you have to remember one thing: This is Disney.....:wave:

Alexx

2s7waom.gif

NX2I85

One thing for sure, I am very happy that AK is finally getting some attention. That place is in desperate need of a bunch of attractions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wonder why they couldn't get this buttoned up in time for D23 and instead had to announce it via the blog.

Most likely a matter of getting contracts in place. Disney have operated without D23 Expo for years, they don't need to queue everything up to be announced there.

wickedsoccer22

There's rumors on Twitter this just isn't going to be an Animal Kingdom expansion... Disney see's it as potential for a big hit in it's overseas parks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There's rumors on Twitter this just isn't going to be an Animal Kingdom expansion... Disney see's it as potential for a big hit in it's overseas parks.

The wording would certainly suggest there will be more to come.

"Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is planned as the site of the first AVATAR-themed land"

peachykeen

The wording would certainly suggest there will be more to come.

"Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is planned as the site of the first AVATAR-themed land"

Yes and this is what we got as CMs: "We also anticipate making announcements about other AVATAR-themed lands in locations that will be determined by Disney and our international theme park partners."

wannabef

I'm not an Avatar fan, but I can see huge possibilities for this in the parks. In fact, I've often referred to the film as little more than a theme park experience itself.

Here's hoping it won't be an entire land, but instead the impetus to finally build Beastly Kingdomme. However, I fear this is the final nail in BK's coffin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom