AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

misterID

The Avatar hate kind of reminds of the Harry Potter hate right before the attraction opened at UNI. That it wasn't a strong IP, it wouldn't last, the movies sucked no one would show up to ride the ride except some harcore HP fans, who weren't described in the nicest of terms.... How'd that work out for yah? :)

And this Texas A&M vs Ole Miss game is insane!!! Much better than the Sci Fi franchise showdown.

And Species is the worst SciFi franchise... Though I liked the first one and Natasha was HOTT.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK, can you please give your children crossbows for Christmas next year? Just tell them to go play with them, because they were safe because they were in a movie you like and not one you didn't.
So, wait...movies have no impact on general society?

I thought they did, except when they don't, but they do, but they don't?

So, tell me...what "hero" in Avatar should I expose my kid to? The whiny cripple? The exploitative doctor? The evil man?

They all curse, so, it's ok to curse (to a 5 year old) as long as it's in a movie with a crappy plot?

Yeah...this ain't Harry Potter or Star Trek saying "damn"...Avatar is far more than that.

AdventureHasAName

Can I suggest that SnusetLament and the three other people who agree with him chain their selves to a tree in Camp Minnie Mickie and go on a hunger strike to change Disney's minds? I'm sure after they see their hatred of this project, they will immediately cancel a theme park expansion themed around the world's most profitable theatrical film and immediately start building "Beastly Kingdom."

When a person has 9 total posts (lifetime) and 8 of them are attacking you ... does that constitute having your own personal troll? And if so, does that mean I get to name him?

doctornick

Avengers doesn't involve gunning down innocent civilians (which Cameron made it quite clear the "non blue" lead actors while playing military are doing as they are insensitive and all they want to do is kill blue people)...

I think you are making far too much out of this. I would agree that Avatar isn't particularly kid friendly in the way that many "violent" movies are. It's still pretty much cartoon violence with faceless victims. I think you are making the nuances between it and other similar films far greater than they are. Just IMHO.

And, regardless, whether or not a child can watch the movie doesn't mean they can't enjoy the land and rides.

Magenta Panther

Yes, you'll take two repainted kiddy rides and a miniature water playground over what's in that concept art. Did James Cameron do something to you personally, or are you just jealous of the fact he made the most profitable movie of all time and you didn't?

Box office totals, just like special effects, get topped all the time. That's hardly a criteria for timelessness.

That "kiddy ride" (Dumbo, I presume) is one of the most iconic images of the Disney parks. I can pretty much guarantee you that, to your average Disney park-goer, a flying elephant beats a banshee any day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Avatar hate kind of reminds of the Harry Potter hate right before the attraction opened at UNI. That is wasn't a strong IP, it wouldn't last, the movies sucked now one would show up to ride the ride except some harcore HP fans, who weren't described in the nicest of terms.... How'd that work out for yah. :)

And this Texas A&M vs Ole MIss game is insane!!! Much better than the Sci Fui franchise showdown.

And Species is the worst SciFi franchise... Though I liked the first one and Natasha was HOTT.
I liked everything you said right up until the end. Any movie with a crazy hot alien chick who is naked a lot works for me. I'm not saying its grounds for making a theme park land around it, but if it's on cable I'll probably leave it on.

Box office totals, just like special effects, get topped all the time. That's hardly a criteria for timelessness.

That "kiddy ride" (Dumbo, I presume) is one of the most iconic images of the Disney parks. I can pretty much guarantee you that, to your average Disney park-goer, a flying elephant beats a banshee any day.

That must have been why the Fantasy Land Expansion was a flop in regards to improving attendance in the park. You're so smart.

some guy

I liked everything you said right up until the end. Any movie with a crazy hot alien chick who is naked a lot works for me. I'm not saying its grounds for making a theme park land around it, but if it's on cable I'll probably leave it on.
As a Giger fan Species was a massive let-down for me. As a young adolescent male... not so much a problem.

Magenta Panther

Do we have to bring this out again?

Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.
—Michael D. Eisner, April 22, 1998

Where, may I ask, in that dedication does it say "Earth animals"? I believe the wildlife of Pandora fits perfectly into the "imagined" category.

Except that it's lame. :p

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When a person has 9 total posts (lifetime) and 8 of them are attacking you ... does that constitute having your own personal troll? And if so, does that mean I get to name him?

You can name him, but if you do he's your responsibility to watch and feed and take care of. If he poops on my lawn you better have a baggie with you to scoop it up.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah, you can tell one of your children to be a good guy and one of them to be a bad guy. Remember, it's OK, because you prefer this movie over Avatar and you're allowed to apply hypocritical double standards.
Well, I'm glad I showed my kid "The Birth of a Nation" so she could learn that movies carry weight (you failed to see my sarcasm in that previous post)...but, again, thanks for playing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom