AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How does it feel to be cheering something that is never ever going to happen? Are you still rooting for Brooklyn Dodgers to win the 1920 World's Series? I think there's still a chance they can turn that one around. Don't give up hope. Let's post on message boards until those darn Cleveland Indians are sent home packing! It'll just be how Disney learned their lesson and built Beastly Kingdom after all!
Oh, sure. Well, when it's built in 3 years (which even the new Fantasyland wasn't) tell me how wrong I was, and how wonderful it is. I won't say anything different, as you are correct. Then, after 10 years, tell me how wonderful and profitable that franchise is (in 2020+)...because it's a household name and people love it so much.

MerlinTheGoat

Actually, I should be clear, I liked the movie, I hated the script.
I can also agree with this to an extent. While I'm not sure I like it as much as you (it's average to ok IMO), I can see potential for it being a good movie if it had a better script and (except for Sigourney Weaver) better actors.

Because telling other people that liked something, in the millions and millions, not to mention all professional film critics, that they're stupid and only liked the special effects is totally not being biased beyond belief.
I did no such thing and you know it, nice try at putting words in my mouth though. Find where I called anyone stupid. I said the reviews and fans that praised it were praising the visuals effects, they were no focusing on the underlying plot and script. If you remove the visual effects from the equation and asked people to judge the movie based off the script, directing, characters and acting then you wouldn't see anything close to the same sort of positive response.

It's a crappy story with great visuals. It could be amazing, Disney COULD make it amazing...the question is...

Will they?
I have my doubts.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
After its sequels break more box office records and Animal Kingdom breaks attendance records? Sorry, I'll be too busy enjoying Avatar Land with everyone else. You and thee other bitter die-hards can still stay here and post about hwo great Beastly Kingdom will be though. Don't worry, it won't be too late. Just wish upon a star, and it will come true!
I never said anything about beastly kingdom.

Says the forums latest puppet account?

I don't know what you're talking about. But I'm sure if the announced Muppet Land in AK, it would be getting praised, because the Muppets are now owned by Disney so you don't have to get jealous and bitter about their success as an intellectual property.

I can't believe how lame this thread has gotten with the Avatar bashing and all the little under the surface reasonings some might have.

I'm actually more supportive and happier Avatar is going in Animal Kingdom now. Thanks.

But the movie was bad, because so many people liked it, and fictional animals are so different from mythical animals!

MerlinTheGoat

Utter balonga! I read the reviews when they came out, they praised the story as well. If you want to learn what they say instead of being ignorant or lying about them, you can still go read them. And I said professional critics, the ones who watch movies for a living, not a hand full of message board whiners.
I did read the reviews, and you if did so yourself then you'd find that a lot of what I said is shared by major critics who actually enjoyed the movie- that the main merits are its technical achievements.

Just take a look at some of the top critics Rotten Tomatoes reviews (the ones from people who are paid to review movies for a living). Barely any of the review summaries from "fresh" ratings are even talking about the plot. They're all talking about how amazing the CGI is or how well crafted the world is from a visual perspective. A lot of the positive ones even mention the same criticisms I have- that the movie wouldn't be anything special without those technical elements (and the plot, script and characters are dull).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/reviews/?type=top_critics

I never called anyone stupid for enjoying AVATAR or liking it for those reasons, i just don't like it nearly as much as they do because I look for more in my movies than eye candy. It didn't take very long for the initial popularity to wear off and for people to forget it. It's because apart from the visuals, there's little else to keep people talking after a short while. This may change if Cameron can improve the script and such in his future Avatar movies, and i'm still open to seeing them when they come out to give them the proper chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom