AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ctxak98

UGH. this thread irritates me....but its addicting so....anyways WHY would a pride land from LION KING be ANY better than AVATAR???? it would be like two Africa sections. "Hey everyone right this way to cartoon Africa featuring the Lion King and this way to real Africa for a real safari!" I am sorry but I would really dislike that!

ctxak98

I saw Song of the South as a kid (well after 1946 - not THAT old!), but didn't remember a thing about it when I first rode Splash. I loved the ride.

Someone else said that if Iger would trust that Disney is appealing enough, they could spend those billions elsewhere. ITA.

They don't need to go buy other things to try to compete with Uni. They just need to do their own thing.

People go to Disney for DISNEY.
I would say for the Most part that is true. But honestly what I find most amazing about Disney is there NON-Disneyesque things to do! for instance....ANYTHING without characters from Disney movies or tv shows I find awesome. I don't just go all the way to florida to experience a place filled with Disney characters. I go there because I feel the theming and entertainment is VERY good. UNI has been getting better but Disney is still my favorite. Sure anything Disney makes is Disney but they have used franchises in the past that Werent Disney at the time and I love those rides to death. Star Tours, Indiana Jones Adventure, GMR, RNRC, Muppet Vision just to name a few. Idk how everyone else feels but I don't just go to Disney to see Disney. For me I go to Magic Kingdom to see Disney. In terms of true Disney!

luv

UGH. this thread irritates me....but its addicting so....
. LOL, i know how you feel!
...anyways WHY would a pride land from LION KING be ANY better than AVATAR???? it would be like two Africa sections. "Hey everyone right this way to cartoon Africa featuring the Lion King and this way to real Africa for a real safari!" I am sorry but I would really dislike that!
Because it fits the AK so well, is Disney and was a wonderful movie. It works well on all counts.

Avatar is just a movie that had good special effect.

luv

It's Hamlet with animals. The environment of the Pride Lands already exists inside the Harambe Wildlife Reserve. Being "Disney" or a wonderful movie are not very strong criteria.
They are to me. If one wants their own opinion, they don't need boards for that, so I assume one wants other people's opinions when asking questions. :)

champdisney

UGH. this thread irritates me....but its addicting so....anyways WHY would a pride land from LION KING be ANY better than AVATAR???? it would be like two Africa sections. "Hey everyone right this way to cartoon Africa featuring the Lion King and this way to real Africa for a real safari!" I am sorry but I would really dislike that!
Because they can easily be part of the same land? Or do you not know what the word "conjunction" means? (Sorry had to go there) Never did I say it was gonna be TWO Africa's (Which by the way WDW already has, forgot about Epcot?). Either way it's an idea, plain and simple. Is it really necessary for you to shoot people down for it? And IMO it's a far more realistic idea than "Pandora". Some may want "Pandora" while others may not, let's leave it at that. Some of you seriously take things extremely out of proportion.

doctornick

I tend to agree with that. I've actually been thinking about how they could get a Jungle Book attraction in DAK, but it really doesn't fit in the "real" world of Asia/Anandapur. I think the only way to make it work is to have a more generic "cartoon land" for those franchises and just lump them together. Having cartoons in Africa or Asia just messes with the theme. FOLTK isn't so bad because it's a show with people performing -- I think it is okay if you look at it as the people of Harambe telling the story of the Lion King

RSoxNo1

tumblr_lx5l7t5ERX1r37eplo1_400.jpg
There was a rumor a while back that Kevin would appear in Flights of Wonder. I would love to see Kevin and Dug represented somehow in the parks, but I'm not sure how.

doctornick

There was a rumor a while back that Kevin would appear in Flights of Wonder. I would love to see Kevin and Dug represented somehow in the parks, but I'm not sure how.

Well, they are going to have a Wilderness Explorer scavenger hunt thingee in DAK, right? Maybe they'd be part of that.

ctxak98

Because they can easily be part of the same land? Or do you not know what the word "conjunction" means? (Sorry had to go there) Never did I say it was gonna be TWO Africa's (Which by the way WDW already has, forgot about Epcot?). Either way it's an idea, plain and simple. Is it really necessary for you to shoot people down for it? And IMO it's a far more realistic idea than "Pandora". Some may want "Pandora" while others may not, let's leave it at that. Some of you seriously take things extremely out of proportion.
.....I never shot down the idea. I asked the question "Why would it be better!" I am sorry but I don't take this that seriously. And to further prove my point. WE HAVE TOO MUCH AFRICA! even though Epcots , IMO, does not count. It would be like HALF of the park dedicated to Africa, Its wildlife, And animated films based out of it. Its just not for me. But take my comment as you wish.

.....but seriously. Lion King more realistic than Avatar???? now we have taken this conversation to a WHOLE new level of craziness!

ctxak98

. LOL, i know how you feel!
Because it fits the AK so well, is Disney and was a wonderful movie. It works well on all counts.

Avatar is just a movie that had good special effect.
I disagree with Avatar just being special effects. I watched it again recently and I liked it a lot. It wasn't the best movie by any means but I still felt something and felt bad for the characters in there circumstances! it really does portray an amazing message about conservation and protection of the natural world! and family bonds of course!

twebber55

I disagree with Avatar just being special effects. I watched it again recently and I liked it a lot. It wasn't the best movie by any means but I still felt something and felt bad for the characters in there circumstances! it really does portray an amazing message about conservation and protection of the natural world! and family bonds of course!
that what i dont understand about some of these arguments..avatar is not about blue people fighting earthlings lol..its about family, saving your planet, and close family ties..great themes for story telling

twebber55

when this thread gets to a point of debating mythical,imagined,fictional i start to think weird angry message board guy needs to take a break from this page :)..hopefully something innovative comes of this and at least for you guys who dont like the idea that you have some new rides to ride and some eye candy to look at

champdisney

.....I never shot down the idea. I asked the question "Why would it be better!" I am sorry but I don't take this that seriously. And to further prove my point. WE HAVE TOO MUCH AFRICA! even though Epcots , IMO, does not count. It would be like HALF of the park dedicated to Africa, Its wildlife, And animated films based out of it. Its just not for me. But take my comment as you wish.

.....but seriously. Lion King more realistic than Avatar???? now we have taken this conversation to a WHOLE new level of craziness!
Avatar is based on a imagined world with floating mountains and you think that's realistic? LOL alright, I have officially ejected myself away from this outrageous conversation.

twebber55

Avatar is based on a imagined world with floating mountains and you think that's realistic? LOL alright, I have officially ejected myself away from this outrageous conversation.
i think he s saying its no more real than talking lions...

and the fact that this is where the conversation is outrageous

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Off topic, but several years ago I saw that some college kids won some kind of award from Disney for designing and UP themed ride. I've done internet searches recently and didn't find anything. It looked like a really neat thing to build.

twebber55

quick little anecdotal story for conjectures sake

my brother teaches middle school geography and was showing kids the huangshan mountains..immediately in every class the kids starting talking about "those mountains look like the floating mountains from avatar" every class said the same thing

i know its anecdotal but still gives you a since that avatar is not quite as forgotten as some on this board lead you to believe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom