AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jt04

quick little anecdotal story for conjectures sake

my brother teaches middle school geography and was showing kids the huangshan mountains..immediately in every class the kids starting talking about "those mountains look like the floating mountains from avatar" every class said the same thing

i know its anecdotal but still gives you a since that avatar is not quite as forgotten as some on this board lead you to believe

It is clear the anti-Pandora crowd is in complete panic right now.

Pandora has dragon like creatures too.

lebeau

Off topic: Capital letters are important. Punctuation is good.

I can't begin to read about 1/3 of the posts in this thread. My second-grader used correct capital letters and punctuation. If she can do it, so can we.

ctxak98

i think he s saying its no more real than talking lions...

and the fact that this is where the conversation is outrageous
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was not saying it is more realistic! just as completely Unrealistic as The Lion King. The only thing for me that has Avatar over The lion King, Is it is supposed to take place in our world, just on a different planet of some sort!

But why am I even debating that!? The Lion King Land is NEVER coming. lol

lazyboy97o

when this thread gets to a point of debating mythical,imagined,fictional i start to think weird angry message board guy needs to take a break from this page:)..hopefully something innovative comes of this and at least for you guys who dont like the idea that you have some new rides to ride and some eye candy to look at
How is any of that not at all related to the conversation? All good fiction has rules that give the world a reality that enhances the ability for the viewer to suspend disbelief.

twebber55

How is any of that not at all related to the conversation? All good fiction has rules that give the world a reality that enhances the ability for the viewer to suspend disbelief.
Never said it wasn't related just to a point pf being weirdo angry message board stuff. Feel free to continue in the silliness (to me) maybe its important to you

lazyboy97o

Never said it wasn't related just to a point pf being weirdo angry message board stuff. Feel free to continue in the silliness (to me) maybe its important to you
There is no anger. Is it weird for fans of cinema to discuss detailed aspects of cinema? Literature fans to discuss writing styles and so forth? For fans of wine to discuss the finer points such as bouquet? Why then are themed entertainment fans who wish to discuss the merits of the medium and how it operates labels "angry" or "weird" or "out of touch?" The notion of lightly themed environments as passe has been thoroughly debunked by the resounding success of more intensely themed environments committed to greater degrees of authenticity.

luv

Off topic: Capital letters are important. Punctuation is good.

I can't begin to read about 1/3 of the posts in this thread. My second-grader used correct capital letters and punctuation. If she can do it, so can we.
Sorry. I count on my iPad to do that stuff for me. Sometimes it lets me down. And sometimes it puts apostrophes where they don't belong or changes words around.

twebber55

There is no anger. Is it weird for fans of cinema to discuss detailed aspects of cinema? Literature fans to discuss writing styles and so forth? For fans of wine to discuss the finer points such as bouquet? Why then are themed entertainment fans who wish to discuss the merits of the medium and how it operates labels "angry" or "weird" or "out of touch?" The notion of lightly themed environments as passe has been thoroughly debunked by the resounding success of more intensely themed environments committed to greater degrees of authenticity.
In a word yep

lebeau

Sorry. I count on my iPad to do that stuff for me. Sometimes it lets me down. And sometimes it puts apostrophes where they don't belong or changes words around.

I have never considered you to be an offending poster. I'll have typos. It's a forum. I don't expect people to have editors for their posts. But when there is no attempt at caps or punctuation, I can't be expected to read your post. Never had any problems with your posts. :)

Magenta Panther

It has a stage show thing. That is enough. Jungle book if you really wanted to add them Asia would be fine...but that isn't going to get people in the gate.

Um, yeah, sure, a major Lion King attraction wouldn't get people thru the gates...a reissue of the film a few years ago only brought in nearly 100 million dollars at the box office - the ONLY Disney 3D re-release that did anything like that. Are you serious? The Lion King is incredibly popular with families. Pandora sure can't claim that. But if you prefer blue kitty cats to Disney lions, whatever, dude.

SirLink

Um, yeah, sure, a major Lion King attraction wouldn't get people thru the gates...a reissue of the film a few years ago only brought in nearly 100 million dollars at the box office - the ONLY Disney 3D re-release that did anything like that. Are you serious? The Lion King is incredibly popular with families. Pandora sure can't claim that. But if you prefer blue kitty cats to Disney lions, whatever, dude.

That is the major Lion King attraction though...dude ... personally I don't want Disney franchises in DAK.

lazyboy97o

By this argument, Avatar is the better choice.

ctxak98

Again Not everything is going to appeal to everyone! I can say with 100% confidence, that I would rather walk the planet of Pandora than see the pride lands from The Lion King! I am sorry....the Lion King just isn't going to do it for me!

luv

I'd they hadn't made it 3-D, I'd have gone to see the Lion King again.

I think Sir Link had a good idea with that Jungle Book thing. :)

cheezbat

Or no franchises. Full stop.

I don't particularly think Jungle Book is a good idea either.
Well lets completely remove characters from Epcot then too while we're at it...and all toons from Hollywood Studios since that park is based on realistic movies with actors...like Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

Heck, let's just leave all character based attractions to the Magic Kingdom.

Lol that'll never happen. It's Disneys model to synergize everything nowadays.

SirLink

Well lets completely remove characters from Epcot then too while we're at it...and all toons from Hollywood Studios since that park is based on realistic movies with actors...like Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

Heck, let's just leave all character based attractions to the Magic Kingdom.

Lol that'll never happen. It's Disneys model to synergize everything nowadays.

Depends on the next CEO and who takes over P&R - would be a good idea to remove franchises from Epcot and AK though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom