AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Empress Lilly

Let JC and JR build an undersea attraction based on marine dinosaurs and other ancient sea life. I would love to see that. Take out primeval whirl and the rest of the muck and stick it there. How I would love to be in some sort of time machine/submarine and have a 45 ft long Kronosaur glide past me...
Yes! Yes! This to me has the same status as a Star Wars Land in DHS: build it and I swear I will move to Orlando and give Disney my bank account details so they can help themselves to my money!

The Empress Lilly

build something new to do with Prehistoric Life - expand the Dino Institute building and build an omnimover/boat ride like IASW/LwtL about other creatures (Mammoth, underwater creatures, etc.), or a timeline through the Prehistoric Times (like Spaceship Earth for prehistoric life instead of communication), or showing some bones and then the next scene showing what the were like when they were alive!

Make the Dino Institute like an Epcot Pavilion - enter the pavilion and then choose between the two attractions.
Yes! Yes! This to me has the same status as a Star Wars Land in DHS or a Cameron Deep Sea pavilion: build it and I swear I will etc

Really, I would love for DAK to do more with prehistoric life! Preferably something mature, something EPCOT-ish.

Beholder

I've always felt that the prehistoric undersea worlds of our past has been, for the most part, completely overlooked. No alien landscape comes close to the awesome power and monstrous visage of these animals that were once living, breathing organisms. No need to create a distant galaxy of creatures when we have things that here that are pretty awe inspiring. I'm with you E.Lilly, build this, I'll move to Orlando.

I kind of picture it having the "look" of those discovery channel specials on marine dinosaurs.

DisDadEddie

you really should get to know what's popular lol Hunger Games is about a televised match to the death with teenagers. literally, you see blood and gore. it's way too inappropriate for Disney.

and Twilight isn't that bad, it's just a sappy teen vampire romance. it gets bloody by the last two books.

and omg, no not 50 Shades of Grey :eek:

Now I have to see it! Sounds intering to me.Thought it was just a teen movie.

djlaosc

Yes! Yes! This to me has the same status as a Star Wars Land in DHS or a Cameron Deep Sea pavilion: build it and I swear I will etc

Really, I would love for DAK to do more with prehistoric life! Preferably something mature, something EPCOT-ish.

Yeah, I think the only thing to do with non-Dinosaur Prehistoric Life in WDW is the Mammoth in Spaceship Earth (for some reason I thought that there was a Mammoth in LwtL - I have no idea why! :oops: ) We need to see Mammoths, Sabre Tooth Tigers, the underwater creatures, etc.

djlaosc

I've always felt that the prehistoric undersea worlds of our past has been, for the most part, completely overlooked. No alien landscape comes close to the awesome power and monstrous visage of these animals that were once living, breathing organisms. No need to create a distant galaxy of creatures when we have things that here that are pretty awe inspiring. I'm with you E.Lilly, build this, I'll move to Orlando.

I kind of picture it having the "look" of those discovery channel specials on marine dinosaurs.

What we need between the bridges that you use to enter Dinoland USA and the Nemo/Everest bridge is...
  • Dinosaurs (some are covered in DINOSAUR, others could be represented in other rides, keep the Boneyard and Triceratop Spin for the children outside of DINOSAUR)
  • Prehistoric Creatures (Mammoths, Sabre Tooth Tigers, etc.)
  • Prehistoric Underwater Creatures
  • Current Underwater Creatures (currently "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot)
  • Finding Nemo: The Musical
If you don't want one gigantic building, have lots of smaller ones run by different Institutes...
  • Dino Institute (DINOSAUR, Triceratop Spin)
  • Prehistoric Life Institute
  • The Ocean Institute
...and have it set up like mini-museums all in one location.

That would give you more areas/rides that you could open later (Nemo closes at 7pm in Epcot - so that's longer than DAK currently, and the others would be able to be open all night).

Beholder

Though I think a massive building to sort of "set up" what's to come with the marine reptiles would be pretty cool with a detailed que.

J03Y

Now I have to see it! Sounds intering to me.Thought it was just a teen movie.

oh no, no! it goes into rebellion, a blind society that is willing to let teenagers die in a week long death match for entertainment, and the dark side of science and mutations. overall it's a really dark book series. it just happens to have some romance, but even then it doesn't play a main role in the story, unlike some young adult novels nowadays.

J03Y

What we need between the bridges that you use to enter Dinoland USA and the Nemo/Everest bridge is...
  • Dinosaurs (some are covered in DINOSAUR, others could be represented in other rides, keep the Boneyard and Triceratop Spin for the children outside of DINOSAUR)
  • Prehistoric Creatures (Mammoths, Sabre Tooth Tigers, etc.)
  • Prehistoric Underwater Creatures
  • Current Underwater Creatures (currently "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot)
  • Finding Nemo: The Musical
If you don't want one gigantic building, have lots of smaller ones run by different Institutes...

• Dino Institute (DINOSAUR, Triceratop Spin)
  • Prehistoric Life Institute
  • The Ocean Institute
...and have it set up like mini-museums all in one location.

That would give you more areas/rides that you could open later (Nemo closes at 7pm in Epcot - so that's longer than DAK currently, and the others would be able to be open all night).

that's actually not a bad idea. i'd love to go on a ride where you see mammoths and such. and i do think that a Living Seas would be more appropriate at Animal Kingdom now since the one in Epcot has been taken over.

djlaosc

Though I think a massive building to sort of "set up" what's to come with the marine reptiles would be pretty cool with a detailed que.

Yeah, it would be cool!

Would it be possible for Disney to build an aquarium like The Living Seas, but instead of filling it with water and real fish, have screens so that it would look like the prehistoric underwater creatures were swimming in the tanks? Or I guess it could just be like the Nemo ride at Epcot (projections into actual water) - that would be good!

djlaosc

that's actually not a bad idea. i'd love to go on a ride where you see mammoths and such. and i do think that a Living Seas would be more appropriate at Animal Kingdom now since the one in Epcot has been taken over.

Yeah, it's a shame that the prehistoric area of Animal Kingdom is just focused on Dinosaurs.

I guess that if they expanded it to include other creatures, they would have to rename "Dinoland U.S.A" (I've never thought it was a very good name)

My thought on The Living Seas, as it is now...
  • No longer about the future (unless talking about animal conservation)
  • Animals/Conservation fits better in Animal Kingdom
  • People complain about toons invading Epcot
  • There's already a Nemo show in Animal Kingdom (that I think people are fine with)
  • Animal Kingdom needs more attractions that would allow them to open later.
  • An aquarium would allow for that to happen.
It seems like an easy solution (although would lose a "child-friendly" area from Epcot - people already complain about it being "just for adults"), but would Disney be willing to pay X amount just to "move" an attraction?

J03Y

Yeah, it's a shame that the prehistoric area of Animal Kingdom is just focused on Dinosaurs.

I guess that if they expanded it to include other creatures, they would have to rename "Dinoland U.S.A" (I've never thought it was a very good name)

My thought on The Living Seas, as it is now...
  • No longer about the future (unless talking about animal conservation)
  • Animals/Conservation fits better in Animal Kingdom
  • People complain about toons invading Epcot
  • There's already a Nemo show in Animal Kingdom (that I think people are fine with)
  • Animal Kingdom needs more attractions that would allow them to open later.
  • An aquarium would allow for that to happen.
It seems like an easy solution (although would lose a "child-friendly" area from Epcot - people already complain about it being "just for adults"), but would Disney be willing to pay X amount just to "move" an attraction?

hard to say, but one of the main reasons for Animal Kingdom being closed the earliest is because the animals literally go to sleep at sundown, and if the animals don't come out then there's no point in keeping the rest of the park open because it's called "Animal" Kingdom for reasons.

for Dinoland, i thought it was fun, but childish. the only serious ride there was Dinosaur, and it doesn't even fit with the whole land because the rest is way too kid friendly. i do think a couple more serious rides in the area that deal with something more than just dinosaurs would make the area a bit more mature. i mean they have Camp Minnie-Mickey to be all cutesy and kiddie, at least make Dinoland a bit more serious. they can still keep the Boneyard, Triceratop Spin and Primeval Whirl, but expand on the prehistoric era and get an aquarium the size of Living Seas. it doesn't need to be called that, but at least make it.

and for the park's name... i'd say renaming it to the "Land Before Time" :D idk. just a thought lol

djlaosc

hard to say, but one of the main reasons for Animal Kingdom being closed the earliest is because the animals literally go to sleep at sundown, and if the animals don't come out then there's no point in keeping the rest of the park open because it's called "Animal" Kingdom for reasons.

for Dinoland, i thought it was fun, but childish. the only serious ride there was Dinosaur, and it doesn't even fit with the whole land because the rest is way too kid friendly. i do think a couple more serious rides in the area that deal with something more than just dinosaurs would make the area a bit more mature. i mean they have Camp Minnie-Mickey to be all cutesy and kiddie, at least make Dinoland a bit more serious. they can still keep the Boneyard, Triceratop Spin and Primeval Whirl, but expand on the prehistoric era and get an aquarium the size of Living Seas. it doesn't need to be called that, but at least make it.

and for the park's name... i'd say renaming it to the "Land Before Time" :D idk. just a thought lol

They would have to close off Rafiki's Planet Watch, Pangani and Maharajah Treks, Flights of Wonder, and it would depend on whether they would want to have sunset/night-time Safaris till 7pm or so, whether keeping Kali open would be too noisy for the animals, and keep Everest, Living Seas (at least till 7pm or so), Dinoland, Discovery Island, Avatar to open till 9pm, along with a nighttime show/parade, etc.

I agree with you about Dinosaur. And I would want Primeval Whirl to be repurposed somewhere (I like the ride, and the main problem people seem to have with it is the theme - if they could put it somewhere else and theme it better, maybe more people would like it?)

Camp Minnie-Mickey - I would have loved for them to build a North America section of the park and they could have built a new Camp Minnie-Mickey themed to a summer camp with a Wilderness Lodge theme.

J03Y

They would have to close off Rafiki's Planet Watch, Pangani and Maharajah Treks, Flights of Wonder, and it would depend on whether they would want to have sunset/night-time Safaris till 7pm or so, whether keeping Kali open would be too noisy for the animals, and keep Everest, Living Seas (at least till 7pm or so), Dinoland, Discovery Island, Avatar to open till 9pm, along with a nighttime show/parade, etc.

I agree with you about Dinosaur. And I would want Primeval Whirl to be repurposed somewhere (I like the ride, and the main problem people seem to have with it is the theme - if they could put it somewhere else and theme it better, maybe more people would like it?)

Camp Minnie-Mickey - I would have loved for them to build a North America section of the park and they could have built a new Camp Minnie-Mickey themed to a summer camp with a Wilderness Lodge theme.

i guess they could keep the rest of the park open, but there might be a problem with trying to let the animals sleep... idk. it's confusing.

and i love Primeval Whirl, i really don't know why people dislike it so much. it's like Crazy Mouse on steroids djkhgskfgsdgs

what do you do for North America? i mean the only animals we have here are either domesticated or live in like camp forest area, and Animal Kingdom doesn't really come off as that. i guess they can have an area with wilderness and forest animals. i just hope they do eventually put Australia in there, like rumored. that'd be so cool and i'd love to feed baby kangaroos and koala bears again :)

and i see Camp Minnie-Mickey as a place where they should dump all of the Disney aspect of the park. like if it's a Disney movie with the aspect of wilderness and animals they should just make an attraction there. but themeing it as a campground instead of a part of the park would be cool.

djlaosc

i guess they could keep the rest of the park open, but there might be a problem with trying to let the animals sleep... idk. it's confusing.

and i love Primeval Whirl, i really don't know why people dislike it so much. it's like Crazy Mouse on steroids djkhgskfgsdgs

what do you do for North America? i mean the only animals we have here are either domesticated or live in like camp forest area, and Animal Kingdom doesn't really come off as that. i guess they can have an area with wilderness and forest animals. i just hope they do eventually put Australia in there, like rumored. that'd be so cool and i'd love to feed baby kangaroos and koala bears again :)

and i see Camp Minnie-Mickey as a place where they should dump all of the Disney aspect of the park. like if it's a Disney movie with the aspect of wilderness and animals they should just make an attraction there. but themeing it as a campground instead of a part of the park would be cool.

I guess for North America, you could have a Pocahontas/Native American section like in Adventureland in DLP (I think), you could have a section like Grizzly Peak at DCA - animals I guess you could have bears, racoons, etc. I know that there's not a lot of "unique" animals in North America (same problem that a Europe area would have - although I guess you could have a Loch Ness ride using the Jaws technology), but if you're an international tourist that only goes to Florida, you're not going to have the opportunity to see many bears (unless there dressed for a Jamboree), and that's why I mentioned having a new Camp Minnie-Mickey there, and a Native American themed section. A North American (and/or Europe) wouldn't have to be a big section - have an animal walkthrough, the old Pocahontas show from Camp Minnie-Mickey (maybe connect it to Rafiki's Planet Watch (where Grandmother Willow is) and the Fab Five meet and greets, and that would be fine (or at least an improvement on the current CMM if you remove FotLK). (Where is Bambi set? North America or Europe?)

I would love an Australia area (or any of the remaining continents really - Australasia, Antarctica, Europe (including the Arctic), North America (could also join to an Arctic attraction), South America, and something to do with the Oceans and Mythological creatures). I guess the issue is whether Disney would be willing to compete against the other parks (Busch Gardens Tampa has a kangaroo area, SeaWorld covers the oceans, Arctic and the Antarctic)

J03Y

I guess for North America, you could have a Pocahontas/Native American section like in Adventureland in DLP (I think), you could have a section like Grizzly Peak at DCA - animals I guess you could have bears, racoons, etc. I know that there's not a lot of "unique" animals in North America (same problem that a Europe area would have - although I guess you could have a Loch Ness ride using the Jaws technology), but if you're an international tourist that only goes to Florida, you're not going to have the opportunity to see many bears (unless there dressed for a Jamboree), and that's why I mentioned having a new Camp Minnie-Mickey there, and a Native American themed section. A North American (and/or Europe) wouldn't have to be a big section - have an animal walkthrough, the old Pocahontas show from Camp Minnie-Mickey (maybe connect it to Rafiki's Planet Watch (where Grandmother Willow is) and the Fab Five meet and greets, and that would be fine (or at least an improvement on the current CMM if you remove FotLK). (Where is Bambi set? North America or Europe?)

I would love an Australia area (or any of the remaining continents really - Australasia, Antarctica, Europe (including the Arctic), North America (could also join to an Arctic attraction), South America, and something to do with the Oceans). I guess the issue is whether Disney would be willing to compete against the other parks (Busch Gardens Tampa has a kangaroo area, SeaWorld covers the oceans, Arctic and the Antarctic)

oh you're right! that would be cool, and that Native American mountain peak can fit nicely with Animal Kingdom. i think Disney needs more representation for Pocahontas, and that's a really good way to do it! that and it can give them a chance to copy some rides from California Adventures that seem like good fits for Grizzly Peak. And Bambi takes place in Austria actually. the original novel was from there. but since it takes place in a forest, and i don't think they mention it in the film, i'm sure they can fit Bambi in just fine without arousing suspicions.

and unless Europe has any outstanding features in the wildlife, i don't see a Europe being built. maybe Antarctica, but really there are only penguins, seals and polar bears to represent the Arctic. it'd just be easier to have them in the pre-historic area and have a little part of it be about the Ice Age and then have it fade into an area of the modern-day Arctic.

djlaosc

oh you're right! that would be cool, and that Native American mountain peak can fit nicely with Animal Kingdom. i think Disney needs more representation for Pocahontas, and that's a really good way to do it! that and it can give them a chance to copy some rides from California Adventures that seem like good fits for Grizzly Peak. And Bambi takes place in Austria actually. the original novel was from there. but since it takes place in a forest, and i don't think they mention it in the film, i'm sure they can fit Bambi in just fine without arousing suspicions.

and unless Europe has any outstanding features in the wildlife, i don't see a Europe being built. maybe Antarctica, but really there are only penguins, seals and polar bears to represent the Arctic. it'd just be easier to have them in the pre-historic area and have a little part of it be about the Ice Age and then have it fade into an area of the modern-day Arctic.

Well then you would be able to have a Bambi dark ride in a Europe area. For Europe/Antarctica/North America, I wouldn't really expect a large area (probably the same size as SeaWorld's areas - single area attractions (eg, you would access Antarctica from Australasia, etc.).

I also forgot to mention a Mythologicaland (if you're using similar names to Dinoland) in my list of lands needed, so I've added that to my above post.

J03Y

Well then you would be able to have a Bambi dark ride in a Europe area. For Europe/Antarctica/North America, I wouldn't really expect a large area (probably the same size as SeaWorld's areas).

I also forgot to mention a Mythologicaland (if you're using similar names to Dinoland) in my list of lands needed.

that land was known as Beast Kingdom, which would've encompassed fictional animals. the idea was scrapped. Lord knows why :confused:

djlaosc

that land was known as Beast Kingdom, which would've encompassed fictional animals. the idea was scrapped. Lord knows why :confused:

Yeah, I know - it was because DAK was overbudget, I think - Beastlie Kingdomme turned into Lost Continent at IOA, then Mysterious Island was supposed to take over the space from Tokyo DisneySea, and now we're getting Avatar!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom