AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

devoy1701

actually, we should probably have a sticky thread about Avatar in DAK... keep all the discussion in one place since there are what, 20 Avatar threads now... and then when the project is cancelled, we can have the thread closed down... probably by summer LOL...

That was a witty reference to our old friend DisneyRcks. Apparently he has now been forgotten on here.

PirateFrank

I actually agree with you. The disney studios isnt about lands its about hollywood and looking like your backstage and little areas of it ....

Not true at all. Just because Tom Fitzgerald said it in an interview, doesn't make it true. There are certain rides and attractions that accomplish this -- Backstage Tour, LMA, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, etc. They're all designed to give you glimpse behind the curtain, so to speak.

However, in direct contradiction to that, you have Star Tours, RNRC, ToT, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, TGMR, TSMM, Disney Junior - live on stage. And think about what the evening show is at DHS. There's absolutely nothing "backstage" about Fantasmic.

Captain Chaos

That was a witty reference to our old friend DisneyRcks. Apparently he has now been forgotten on here.

Long forgotten, went over my head... :lol:

Anyway, maybe now we can start to let some Avatar threads fade out, especially since this project now seems to be on life support... These arguments are going in circles, haters of the movie will continue to hate, defenders will continue to defend... Time to sit back and wait to see how things play out...

AvengersWDW

Banned
And yet this exact statement IS an attack on someone.

And so was this;

Sooooo... you're not clever with your condescending posts trying to pretend like you're more intellectual than everyone else and acting all high and mighty because in actuality you just sound like a tremendous and every single thing you say is completely hypocritical and moronic.

But good for you... you internet tough guy you... way too puff your chest on a disney forum!!! You really looked cool on the internet to other people! Bravo..................................

Lol nothing funnier than a guy calling another person an internet tough guy while doing the exact same thing...pot meet kettle lol

ctxak98

Not true at all. Just because Tom Fitzgerald said it in an interview, doesn't make it true. There are certain rides and attractions that accomplish this -- Backstage Tour, LMA, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, etc. They're all designed to give you glimpse behind the curtain, so to speak.

However, in direct contradiction to that, you have Star Tours, RNRC, ToT, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, TGMR, TSMM, Disney Junior - live on stage. And think about what the evening show is at DHS. There's absolutely nothing "backstage" about Fantasmic.

I dont mean all the rides have to be about backstage disney or movies. Just the look of it. I think The ewok village in star wars is awesome! because its created like a movie set where its half of a tree and stuff like that. I love the park and pixarland is fine but personally I dont want it to stray into a complete different atmosphere. ToT and RNRC and TGMR all look like they fit from the outside. And theres a ride on the inside relating to something to do with music, showbiz or hollywood. Thats all I was trying to say but I can see why my wording is confusing :wave:

Skipper Dan

Long forgotten, went over my head... :lol:

Anyway, maybe now we can start to let some Avatar threads fade out, especially since this project now seems to be on life support... These arguments are going in circles, haters of the movie will continue to hate, defenders will continue to defend... Time to sit back and wait to see how things play out...

I'm so confused, and I ask this periodically... is the project 'on life support'? I mean, what indicates so? What have I missed? I thought it was all a 'go'? :shrug:

:lookaroun

PirateFrank

I'm so confused, and I ask this periodically... is the project 'on life support'? I mean, what indicates so? What have I missed? I thought it was all a 'go'? :shrug:

See the other avatar thread currently active in this forum....it appears that spirit has pretty much confirmed that it's on life support, hanging on for dear life....

Captain Chaos

See the other avatar thread currently active in this forum....it appears that spirit has pretty much confirmed that it's on life support, hanging on for dear life....

Thanks Pirate... That was what I was referring to..

NoChesterHester

I dont mean all the rides have to be about backstage disney or movies. Just the look of it. I think The ewok village in star wars is awesome! because its created like a movie set where its half of a tree and stuff like that. I love the park and pixarland is fine but personally I dont want it to stray into a complete different atmosphere. ToT and RNRC and TGMR all look like they fit from the outside. And theres a ride on the inside relating to something to do with music, showbiz or hollywood. Thats all I was trying to say but I can see why my wording is confusing :wave:

The backstage theme made sense when the park was an actual working studio. That isn't the case anymore. Lose the "working set" junk please!

ctxak98

The backstage theme made sense when the park was an actual working studio. That isn't the case anymore. Lose the "working set" junk please!

I think the working set thing works realy well actually. without it I dont know if I would like the park. I dont think anyone actually thinks its a "working" set anyways. But its a cool idea.

NoChesterHester

And IM okay with the disagreement haha its only human. Everyone is different. What besides the whole backlot look do you think would be better just out of curiosity(if you have any):wave:

I believe that Hollywood Studios should celebrate iconic times of Hollywood or genre's of movies. By doing so could transport the user to the iconic time and place.

The entry sequence and sunset boulevard accomplished this as well as any Disney park. Move the hat to outside the gates and that whole sequence works again.

Science Fiction - Star Wars and surrounding area - retheme the street where ABC commissary is located to a street of Mos Eisley and turn the commissary into the Star Wars Cantina. Finish the backsides of the Endor set pieces and put Jedi Training Academy in the Sounds Dangerous studio and theme the outside to some ruins.

Adventure - Indiana Jones and Echo Lake lead in (I still believe they could add the forrest element around the lake and do a small area expansion toward the parking lot). Add an adventure raft ride... Viola! Adventure genre.

Muppet Studio - zany. Go with the original idea. Move Pizza Planet to its rightful place across the park to Pixar Place. Give me Gonzo.

Animation and Pixar Place become an over the top step into the world of animation. Add the monster's inc lobby and building, but a dark ride for families. Go nuts. Rediculous.

Backlot becomes a superhero area because of the residential look and the New York Street look. Natural fit.

Missing Comedy - Mystery - Drama - Lots of possibilities other then "hot set because we didn't want to spend the money to build the back side."

harryk

I believe that Hollywood Studios should celebrate iconic times of Hollywood or genre's of movies. By doing so could transport the user to the iconic time and place.

The entry sequence and sunset boulevard accomplished this as well as any Disney park. Move the hat to outside the gates and that whole sequence works again.

Science Fiction - Star Wars and surrounding area - retheme the street where ABC commissary is located to a street of Mos Eisley and turn the commissary into the Star Wars Cantina. Finish the backsides of the Endor set pieces and put Jedi Training Academy in the Sounds Dangerous studio and theme the outside to some ruins.

Adventure - Indiana Jones and Echo Lake lead in (I still believe they could add the forrest element around the lake and do a small area expansion toward the parking lot). Add an adventure raft ride... Viola! Adventure genre.

Muppet Studio - zany. Go with the original idea. Move Pizza Planet to its rightful place across the park to Pixar Place. Give me Gonzo.

Animation and Pixar Place become an over the top step into the world of animation. Add the monster's inc lobby and building, but a dark ride for families. Go nuts. Rediculous.

Backlot becomes a superhero area because of the residential look and the New York Street look. Natural fit.

Missing Comedy - Mystery - Drama - Lots of possibilities other then "hot set because we didn't want to spend the money to build the back side."

Well -- at least I know that I'm not the only one who has seen that the Disney 'powers that be' -- seem to have lost the whole concept of Hollywood Studios -- great ideas - maybe someone will read and then take some action.

RSoxNo1

I couldn't agree more. I don't remember what the actual time frames were supposed to be, but I thought I heard somewhere that Echo Lake, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard were each meant to represent 30s, 40s and 50s - I'm just not sure which was which.

NoChesterHester

I couldn't agree more. I don't remember what the actual time frames were supposed to be, but I thought I heard somewhere that Echo Lake, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard were each meant to represent 30s, 40s and 50s - I'm just not sure which was which.

Thanks.

The current buildings are an evolution from the entry to around the corner.

Sig Cahuenga's is an early 1920's residential / commercial transition - Hollywood Blvd goes from Sid's in the 20's to the Chinese Theater late 20's. Iconic buildings of the late 20's to early 30's are thrown in.

Sunset represents the mid 1930's (golden age) for the most part.

Around the corner from Hollywood Blvd headed toward Indy are buildings of the early 1940's, which subsequently also fits with the story timeframe of Indy (pre-WWII).

Very little 1950's architecture is incorporated. That is when it all started to get mucked up.

ctxak98

I like these ideas And actually wouldnt be upset if they went with this. Although I will admit I like the look how it is I think your ideas make sense. I think the studios just needs more in it around the new york streets area. Backlot tour needs to go....it just isnt the same anymore!

RSoxNo1

Thanks.

The current buildings are an evolution from the entry to around the corner.

Sig Cahuenga's is an early 1920's residential / commercial transition - Hollywood Blvd goes from Sid's in the 20's to the Chinese Theater late 20's. Iconic buildings of the late 20's to early 30's are thrown in.

Sunset represents the mid 1930's (golden age) for the most part.

Around the corner from Hollywood Blvd headed toward Indy are buildings of the early 1940's, which subsequently also fits with the story timeframe of Indy (pre-WWII).

Very little 1950's architecture is incorporated. That is when it all started to get mucked up.

I was off by 10 years. I was pretty sure Sunset was the 30s, and Indy as the 40s makes sense. I was thinking 50s though simply because of prime time cafe.

You'll be happy to know that I'll be completely ripping off this information for future use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom