CaptinEO

Avatar doesn’t hold a place in my heart.

How about replacing the Subs with an original plot that has actually has something with the future and nothing to do with a movie? Or, if that’s not an option, go with Disney material that closely fits.
I agree like I'd rather have original material if anything. For all the BS about imagineering being "the world's best storytellers" spouted by Disney Co., they only adapt existing stories these days.

The Avatar land in Disney World is brilliant though and Avatar is a million times better as a themepark land than either of the movies.

Californian Elitist

I agree like I'd rather have original material if anything. For all the BS about imagineering being "the world's best storytellers" spouted by Disney Co., they only adapt existing stories these days.

The Avatar land in Disney World is brilliant though and Avatar is a million times better as a themepark land than either of the movies.
Either of what movies?

Avatar is not Disney. Personally, I’m tired of seeing non-Disney movie properties in the parks. We’ve already got Star Wars in Tomorrowand. I don’t want Avatar in there, too.

CaptinEO

Either of what movies?

Avatar is not Disney. Personally, I’m tired of seeing non-Disney movie properties in the parks. We’ve already got Star Wars in Tomorrowand. I don’t want Avatar in there, too.
The land is better than either of the avatar movies.

I agree. I don't like Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars in Disney. Indiana Jones Adventure and Star Tours are an exception though. But still it gets to just be a corporate showcase.

Surprised there hasn't been any Fox integration in the parks yet post the Fox acquisition.

I think it's funny how they are trying to push National Geographic now too.

Californian Elitist

The land is better than either of the avatar movies.

I agree. I don't like Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars in Disney. Indiana Jones Adventure and Star Tours are an exception though. But still it gets to just be a corporate showcase.

Surprised there hasn't been any Fox integration in the parks yet post the Fox acquisition.

I think it's funny how they are trying to push National Geographic now too.
The Fox stuff is coming. As @Rich T pointed out, there are Anastasia mugs currently being sold at WDW. That’s wild to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Honestly I don't care if its Avatar themed or not. But if they are keeping the subs area they should change out the subs vehicles and develop an underwater omnimover. It would be a huge people eater and make the queue faster. The subs load/unload is what takes so long in getting any reasonable hourly throughput.

Parteecia

But if they are keeping the subs area they should change out the subs vehicles and develop an underwater omnimover. It would be a huge people eater and make the queue faster.
The whole point to me is that, whatever the trappings, you get to ride in an actual sub! You can say you've ridden in an actual sub!

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The whole point to me is that, whatever the trappings, you get to ride in an actual sub! You can say you've ridden in an actual sub!
Yes, but as has been discussed on these forums for many years the subs are a maintenance and operational nightmare. It doesn't give the hourly per guest throughput that operations would like, ie its slow to load and unload leading to fewer guests per hour.

So no matter what happens to the area the subs vehicle is gone in a future revitalization of the area.

Parteecia

Yes, but as has been discussed on these forums for many years the subs are a maintenance and operational nightmare. It doesn't give the hourly per guest throughput that operations would like, ie its slow to load and unload leading to fewer guests per hour.

So no matter what happens to the area the subs vehicle is gone in a future revitalization of the area.
But -- SUB!

Ok, I'll stop (sub!).

mickEblu

The Subs are like a fridge from the 70’s. They will outlive us all!

Professortango1

Avatar The Way of Water crossed a billion dollars in 12 days. It's too bad no one wants to see it and it's such a flop.
I can say that I don't want to see it. My dad and I see movies every weekend and both of us are dreading the weekend when there's nothing out and we have to slum it for Cameron's 3 hour demo reel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom