Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

wserratore1963

There have been a few videos from the point of view of the baggage cubby or looking back at the cubby to show the vertical movements (about 3 feet). This one shows the extent of the forward and backward roll (about twenty degrees each way off of center).

The movement is surprisingly mild compared to the experience that causes some guests to scream. I've ridden it a few times with my weight almost totally on my feet with my hands off of the handle bars like I was standing in the stirrups of a horse (it provides a neat, new experience). I could ride it standing up without falling over.

Imagine what a system with an even larger vertical drop and rotation could do!
So cool - Thanks for sharing!

On a separate note do you think GE will have a positive or negative draw on the size of the line? We had to go 5 days into our trip to get a FP when our window opened.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So cool - Thanks for sharing!

On a separate note do you think GE will have a positive or negative draw on the size of the line? We had to go 5 days into our trip to get a FP when our window opened.

Keep looking, more will open. People grab a week's worth and then have to drop them when they decide which parks on which days.

Pandora freed up FEA FPs, and TSL freed up quite a bit of Pandora FPs. I'm sure GE will do the same, especially when (and if) its two rides hit the FP system.

Janir

Rode FoP for the first time last week. I got unlucky and couldn't snag a FP for it but got lucky in that I was at the Moonlight Madness DVC party in AK and got to ride it then.
I was totally blown away! This is now my favorite ride in WDW. Being a bigger guy I almost didn't get to ride as the cast member was pushing the back safety bar and it wouldn't' click green. Finally I told her to just push it and make it go green and if I can't deal with it I'll let you know. She got it locked in and I was fine and man I was so glad after I finished. Everyone that's ridden it has described it and no one can do it justice. I'm sorry I didn't wait 2 hours 3 days earlier when I didn't have a FP for it to ride it during the day. It would have been worth the 2nd trip though. I would have gone that night a second time though if my 2 guests didn't have to leave and it was very late for them (and us).

You felt the breathing of the Banshee and the drops felt very real, yet it never set off my vertigo issues and I have issues standing next to a building and looking UP, let alone down from the top floor railings. But this felt natural and smooth and yet in some sort of control even though I knew I wasn't in any sort of control. Maybe it was the bars to hold on to that made the difference, IDK and don't care. IT WAS FUN AND WELL WORTH IT! Soarin on steroids. I never much liked Soarin as it was just a lazy gliding over monuments for me. FoP you really felt like you were flying on a banshee in a harness around your legs and back, very much like the pictures depict Nav'i riding a banshee.

jaklgreen

I kind of remember that they said before they started to build the ride, that they were going to put a restroom in. Maybe that was the plan all along and they just got delayed. The plumbing was obviously there though.

No Name

Major attractions shouldn’t have a capacity lower than 1900 an hour. That should be a mandate. FoP should’ve been built with six theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom