Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

Ghostdog

This is definately a high sensory thing... simulating high speeds, diving, banking. There is no confined spaces like M:S tho, nor any spinning sensations. Its a lot more intense than Soarin'... but kind of in that same vein. I think if Soarin' doesn't set you queezy.. you'd be ok as long as the type of simulated movement doesn't scare you.

Unlike some spinners/etc.. you are very nicely secured in your seat, so no fear about movement/etc. But if it's your fears getting you.. this one is way more than Soarin'

I can handle scary; what gets me is always the spinning. I'm going to brave it out; I always trying a ride at least once. Maybe I'll take half a daramine an hour before the ride to help with the diving and banking sensation...LOL

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can handle scary; what gets me is always the spinning. I'm going to brave it out; I always trying a ride at least once. Maybe I'll take half a daramine an hour before the ride to help with the diving and banking sensation...LOL

I think you’ll be fine. It’s worth the wait! Good luck!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Whatever happened to the single riders line they had? Asking for a friend.

Operationally, they found that with careful coordination of the boarding process a single rider line wasn't necessary. Much like with Soarin' (which had Single Rider when in test and removed it within weeks), a properly aware CM can coordinate party sizes to fill every seat on every cycle of the attraction with relative ease. As a result, the Single Rider line would end up moving as slow, or slower than the normal standby queue. Single Rider typically only really works on attractions like Test Track or a coaster (Everest or Rock 'n Rollercoaster) where it would be common to have one or two empty seats in a vehicle based on the size of boarding parties (odd numbers in the party). Single Riders can just slip in and fill that empty seat.

On attractions like Soarin' or Flight of Passage, there are so many seats and they're all in one row its easy to match the size of the parties to fill every seat with just the normal queue.

smile

Operationally, they found that with careful coordination of the boarding process a single rider line wasn't necessary. Much like with Soarin' (which had Single Rider when in test and removed it within weeks), a properly aware CM can coordinate party sizes to fill every seat on every cycle of the attraction with relative ease. As a result, the Single Rider line would end up moving as slow, or slower than the normal standby queue. Single Rider typically only really works on attractions like Test Track or a coaster (Everest or Rock 'n Rollercoaster) where it would be common to have one or two empty seats in a vehicle based on the size of boarding parties (odd numbers in the party). Single Riders can just slip in and fill that empty seat.

On attractions like Soarin' or Flight of Passage, there are so many seats and they're all in one row its easy to match the size of the parties to fill every seat with just the normal queue.

i've noticed on multiple occasions lone riders being singled out at board, with cm's going so far as to use the empty queue to hold them if a theater was down
- combined with the fact single riders are apt to be seated similar positionally in the row and i'm left to wonder if a separate queue is wholly unnecessary

Last edited:

Texas84

Whatever happened to the single riders line they had? Asking for a friend.
Usually they separate single riders here.
flight_passage_avatar_pandora_review-40.jpg

lordsigma

Sadly can’t review as I got thrown off due to the weight limit. Seems like a common problem on this attraction. Only attraction at WDW I have ever had a problem with.

Soluna16

So I just had an interesting experience. After the area you first get into the cave bored entrance there were rats climbing around in the queue. At least five and people were freaking out. I told a cast member and they did not seem to care at all....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure if anyone has put up a video like this, it really shows how the ride vehicles move.

There have been a few videos from the point of view of the baggage cubby or looking back at the cubby to show the vertical movements (about 3 feet). This one shows the extent of the forward and backward roll (about twenty degrees each way off of center).

The movement is surprisingly mild compared to the experience that causes some guests to scream. I've ridden it a few times with my weight almost totally on my feet with my hands off of the handle bars like I was standing in the stirrups of a horse (it provides a neat, new experience). I could ride it standing up without falling over.

Imagine what a system with an even larger vertical drop and rotation could do!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There have been a few videos from the point of view of the baggage cubby or looking back at the cubby to show the vertical movements (about 3 feet). This one shows the extent of the forward and backward roll (about twenty degrees each way off of center).

The movement is surprisingly mild compared to the experience that causes some guests to scream. I've ridden it a few times with my weight almost totally on my feet with my hands off of the handle bars like I was standing in the stirrups of a horse (it provides a neat, new experience). I could ride it standing up without falling over.

Until I saw this video I never realized that the sections pitch forward and back, I just thought it was up and down drops.

bclane

Yeah man! I absolutely love FoP. Just watching that video makes me happy and gave me goose bumps and I have been on it a ton of times already. I could ride it all day long. The effect is already so realistic for me, but can you imagine if they built an actual thrill ride with that system? I mean one where you'd actually need to be strapped in because the movements were actually capable of tossing a person around. I need Disney to build something like that before I die. They can theme it to anything they want, just give me a realistic, but extreme flight experience and they can have all the rest of my money. Let's be honest, they're gonna get it all anyway when GE opens, but I'd go ahead and just add Mickey as a signatory on my bank account if they give me a FoP on steroids ride.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
MDE is currently giving a 255 min (4.25 hr) wait for Flight of Passage! On the Tuesday after 4th of July weekend?!? Over two years after it opened... Geeze... is this usually a busy week? Even if it is a busy week, that still seems a really long wait for a two year old attraction (unless multiple theaters are down). Especially when you look at recent wait times for Smuggler's Run over at Disneyland.

Edit: I see RNRC even has a 165 min (2.75 hr) wait. Seems it's pretty busy across the board... but still those are some pretty healthy lines!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
MDE is currently giving a 255 min (4.25 hr) wait for Flight of Passage! On the Tuesday after 4th of July weekend?!? Over two years after it opened... Geeze... is this usually a busy week? Even if it is a busy week, that still seems a really long wait for a two year old attraction (unless multiple theaters are down). Especially when you look at recent wait times for Smuggler's Run over at Disneyland.

Edit: I see RNRC even has a 165 min (2.75 hr) wait. Seems it's pretty busy across the board... but still those are some pretty healthy lines!
I wouldn’t expect Smuggler’s Run to see 20 min or less waits at DHS anytime soon...if ever.

AK still needs another land with a high capacity, people eating headliner and a few ancillary rides to spread the crowds, but I have the feeling FoP will always be an issue during peak crowd times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom