Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

clemmo

How is FOP for people with motion sickness? I don't have it too bad I can go on soarin and dinosaur but not Everest or TOT

bclane

This is what I try to explain to 'normal' people, that has me so excited about theme parks and theming.

http://www.parkeology.com/2017/06/10-insane-details-avatar-flight-of-passage-queue.html
Good article. I've taken several groups of friends/family to Pandora since it opened and only about 1/2 of them really got what the big deal was with the land. I mean they were all impressed when they weren't looking down at their cellphones...but I don't get how they could peel their eyes off the land to even look at their cellphones. What is gonna take to really impress people these days? :banghead:

neoshinok

^ It is shocking what people can ignore or somehow not be impressed by. I went early for FoP, the line was exactly an hour moving swiftly through the interior queue. I'm struggling to take in all the detail and halfway thru these people behind me are saying 'This is a long way to get there...' 'This better be a good ride...' I wanted to shout

f5ff8bbf2baedef02048f6de48f8b821ad10334a9747e5bf630d78775c0dd61f.jpg

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Ok, went on both rides last week

- FoP: This is a testament of how great imagineering can be.
- NRJ: This is a testament how cheap Disney can be and how much they can scale back a ride.

It's amazing that they would build these two rides right next to each other.

bclane

Ok, went on both rides last week

- FoP: This is a testament of how great imagineering can be.
- NRJ: This is a testament how cheap Disney can be and how much they can scale back a ride.

It's amazing that they would build these two rides right next to each other.
NRJ grows on you. Well it did for me anyway. It's just too short but after repeated rides I now find myself singing along with the music and really enjoying the whole vibe going on in there. FoP brings a tear to my eye every time I ride it. It's absolutely perfect imo.

KrzyKtty

For me FOP was the highlight of our trip. I had a huge s**t eating grin on the whole time! NRJ was great too, but for different reasons. It was a beautiful ride, and I loved the amazing screen integration. It was also the one ride my whole family could enjoy together!

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

Understood. But I did post an awful lot about the original SWL plans (the Echo Lake version) and I hope I've conveyed my excitement for what's being built and conveyed how much of an improvement it is. I'm not all doom and gloom.

I possibly jumped down your throat a little too much in my original post there, hence the edit.

To be fair to Martin.... I do believe he talked about the Star Wars land being exactly what fans are looking for, being plussed. Not his words but he has spent more time explaining how amazing this land will be vs. what this land isn't going to be.
In others words, Martin hasn't spent a lot of time dismissing Star Wars land of what it could of been. At least that's what I've gotten out of it.
Also, most of the time he is just answering questions from forum members. If someone asked if there was going to be a possible third attraction at some point in the creation process..... he just gives the answer the best he can.

mbtohill

What's the current Rope Drop situation for FoP? If we arrive early for Rope Drop is it an insane mad dash? Are CM's controlling the crowds well? Will we have to wait an hour even if we are in the middle of the pack?

Will be there 8/13-8/23 with 2 full AK days planned, hoping to get on FoP more than once.

Thanks

EPCOTCenterLover

Never heard about an Africa (Lion King?) dark ride or an indoor rapids ride for Pandora. Interesting. Now that MK is getting Tron, I bet the Pandora bikes are no longer an option for future growth. Correct?

disneygeek90

What's the current Rope Drop situation for FoP? If we arrive early for Rope Drop is it an insane mad dash? Are CM's controlling the crowds well? Will we have to wait an hour even if we are in the middle of the pack?

Will be there 8/13-8/23 with 2 full AK days planned, hoping to get on FoP more than once.

Thanks
I would also like to know. My family is coming to see it for the first time 8/13 and I'd like to get there at the best time to have a shorter wait in the morning, no EMH and no FP's available for either currently.

Uncle Lupe

Are all the theaters for FOP running? I know the wait times would be large due to demand but was wondering if anything is exacerbating those times?

disneygeek90

I was at Animal Kingdon on 8/17 and 8/18. Got there at 8:15 am each day. The lines were closed at a 4 hr wait at the beginning of each day. Throughout the day lines were usually in the 140 min wait mark. I was able to ride it at night when the times were usually down to 90 min. Not sure how many theaters were running though.
Me and my family thoroughly enjoyed this ride!
Wish I could of ridden it again.
Were there EMH those days, or was it a 9am opening for everyone?

disneygeek90

Currently at 9:40am on a Friday the wait is 120 minutes. I would assume if you were there at 8am today, it would have been well under an hour. No EMH today.

disneygeek90

I feel like it is was the busiest at opening. Also, I found that the time on the app didn't always match up to what was actually occurring.
I would often walk over to avatar when the time were down on the app to find a completely different situation.
No way are times under an hour at opening. Everyone around the resort is rushing to that ride. Times do seem to dip a bit around thunderstorms and later at night though. Disney seems crazy busy this week.
I mean, someone has to be "first" right? I don't see people getting there much earlier than 7:30/8 right now (maybe they are), you'd be in a good position for rope drop if you did. I have also noticed times decrease around early afternoon. I went a couple Saturdays ago and was on and off the ride in 90 minutes, getting in line around 2pm.

disneygeek90

People are getting there crazy early believe it or not. I didn't have the heart to do it. To much work with 4 people. I got there around 8:15- 8:30 each day thinking it wouldn't be too much of a line. Each day there was a cast member standing at the end saying the line was closed and the wait was 4 hrs. I don't think that time was accurate. They were probably trying to disperse people through the park.

I will say the lines do appear to move quicker that the line wait states which is nice. The que was also a pleasure to wait in. Tells a good story.
Yeah the queue is fantastic. I definitely see a lot more people would be getting there early for EMH. If park opens at 8, I would guess there are some getting in like 6:30/7.

flyerjab

Yeah the queue is fantastic. I definitely see a lot more people would be getting there early for EMH. If park opens at 8, I would guess there are some getting in like 6:30/7.

We were there about a week or so ago. This is what DAK looked like in the morning! :eek:

IMG_7582.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

I have never seen so many people there at the gates before lunch time.

And for the record, during our trip, there were times in the MK and Epcot when we were literally like "where is everyone?"

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7669.JPG

We typically have been going multiple times a year and I have never witnessed either of these parks this empty in July. It was really strange. The big difference for us though was how busy DAK was. Those pictures at the gates felt like how busy Epcot could get in the morning over the past several years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom