Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

Disney Dad 3000

What time did the park open that day?

8am, but they are or at least were letting guests in the park early. They first held us at bag check and then moved up to magic band check in maybe little after 7. Moved from there to the bridge leading to pandora maybe 720 and then little further into land about 730. Then walked us all through queue straight on.

It gets a little jumbled going from the line out front to a big mass of people on the bridge and invariably you get a few pushers and shovers. It was tough getting out that early obviously but parking was a breeze of course, and since it was so early after finishing we walked onto safari and had FP for NRJ, etc later.

Maddie Terwilliger

I was able to go on FoP twice in one day which was unheard of during the time I went (June, just about 2 weeks after Pandora opened). I will have to say that FoP is the best ride I have ever been on. It was a very moving and powerful ride, I was actually brought to tears a little:hilarious:. The way you can feel the banshee breathing and how you can SMELL the dirt as you fly through the jungle. Truly breathtaking and WORTH THE 2 HOUR WAIT.

The second time around, my dad and I got super into the ride and when our Na'avi guide yelled, "Sivako!" (Trans: rise to the challenge!) when that crazy red (scary) creature appears, both me and my dad put our fists in the air and yelled back, "SIVAKOO!!" resulting in several laughs from the people around us.

The whole land of Pandora is so so worth it. I can't wait to go again!!:cat:

Maddie Terwilliger

That is sooooo disgusting, I really can't deal with people being so inconsiderate to the queue/others around them.... :banghead::banghead:
I agree!! The Disney Imagineers put SO much time and effort into the land, even in the queues (they are so incredibly detailed), the fact that people would disrespect all of that time and effort and creativity really makes me upset. I went to Pandora two weeks after it opened, and peopled had already trashed the queues so much!! Throwing things into the ponds, peeling decorations, destroying plants. Honestly, people need to have some respect for Disney and what they do to create experiences for their guests.

becca_

I agree!! The Disney Imagineers put SO much time and effort into the land, even in the queues (they are so incredibly detailed), the fact that people would disrespect all of that time and effort and creativity really makes me upset. I went to Pandora two weeks after it opened, and peopled had already trashed the queues so much!! Throwing things into the ponds, peeling decorations, destroying plants. Honestly, people need to have some respect for Disney and what they do to create experiences for their guests.
That makes me so mad!! I don't get why people feel so entitled while they're in line to be literally ruining someone's hard work, would they ruin the Mona Lisa?? I just really don't get it

SJN1279

What's the current Rope Drop situation for FoP? If we arrive early for Rope Drop is it an insane mad dash? Are CM's controlling the crowds well? Will we have to wait an hour even if we are in the middle of the pack?

Will be there 8/13-8/23 with 2 full AK days planned, hoping to get on FoP more than once.

Thanks

I just rode Flight of Passage this morning. I arrived at the gate at 8am(park opening was at 9am). The line was already long, but I completed the experience by 9:45. Main entrance gate opened about 8:30, and Pandora opened at 8:50. FOP opened at 9.

My wife and I did babyswap, and she was able to walk right on through Fastpass+.

wdwgreek

Finally got on this bad boy. And he did noy disappoint. What a stunning attraction. The breathing the mist the smells so cool. The guy in the preshow though is stale as heck. Awful actor or acting direction fine enough preshow idea, just poor execution. I got very very queasy after this. My father who is in his 60s had to sit down for a half hour after. While i loved the attraction, it was one of the most visually stunning experiences i have had in a theme park, it is a hair too adventurous for me and i will not be returning any time soon.

bclane

What does that mean in English?
I remember back near when FoP first opened, someone had reported overheating issues which was bringing down the auditoriums throughout the day (and obviously lowering capacity). It might have been a cast member that told me that or it might have been on Screamscape. I also remember someone saying there were hydraulic fluid issues of some kind. Anyway that may have something to do with this filing.

disneygeek90

Finally got on this bad boy. And he did noy disappoint. What a stunning attraction. The breathing the mist the smells so cool. The guy in the preshow though is stale as heck. Awful actor or acting direction fine enough preshow idea, just poor execution. I got very very queasy after this. My father who is in his 60s had to sit down for a half hour after. While i loved the attraction, it was one of the most visually stunning experiences i have had in a theme park, it is a hair too adventurous for me and i will not be returning any time soon.
To be fair in the preshow, I think it was trying to replicate the feel of the self documentation that happened in the movie. Very impromptu, off script feel to it as it does in the movie. I usually can feel slight queasiness after some rides like Simpsons, but feel absolutely nothing in FoP so I'm glad for that.

JediMasterMatt

For fun in the preshow... make a game out of counting how many times he says "uh".
IMG_1688.JPG

*hint - it's a lot.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
To be fair in the preshow, I think it was trying to replicate the feel of the self documentation that happened in the movie. Very impromptu, off script feel to it as it does in the movie. I usually can feel slight queasiness after some rides like Simpsons, but feel absolutely nothing in FoP so I'm glad for that.
The Simpsons is the worst for me, I'll never ride that train wreck of an attraction again. Good to know FOP doesn't have the same effect on you.

bclane

The Simpsons is the worst for me, I'll never ride that train wreck of an attraction again. Good to know FOP doesn't have the same effect on you.
I enjoy the Simpsons ride, but it degrades a lot as you move to the sides of the auditorium. If you ever consider riding it again, ask to be top middle section and explain that you get nauseated otherwise. It is a much better experience there, imo. FoP actually feels different (i.e feels like different movements) depending on if you sit top or bottom. All seats are good though for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom