Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

wdwgreek

Ithis ride unfortunately goes over my line by being slightly too intense. I must put it with tower and rnr as one time rides.

flyerjab

What have rope drop crowds been like lately for FOP?

We were there about a week or so ago. This is what DAK looked like in the morning! :eek:

View attachment 216845
View attachment 216846

These photos were taken around 9ish in the morning at DAK when we were there the week after the July 4th week. It wasn't rope drop, but you can assume that it is probably crowded like this before the park opens. We couldn't believe how massive the line was.

djkidkaz

What have rope drop crowds been like lately for FOP?

Awful. Rope dropping this ride is probably the worst time of day to visit and will have the longest wait. Between 2 and 5 is probably the best time with the shortest waits. Morning crowd has already ridden and the bioluminescence crowd hasn't made it here yet.

Marianne75

What's been anyone's experience with early magic hours? is it as bad as rope drop?
We went for am EMH last week. Entering the park was kind of a nightmare because they scan everyone's bands after you go through the tapstiles to verify you can use EMH. We arrived about 7:30 for an 8:00 open. We were in line at 8:15 and walking off the ride at 9:30. If we had gotten there earlier it would have been a shorter wait. We couldn't complain about waiting an hour when waits were consistently 2.5 hours the rest of the day.
20170724_083000ol.jpg

This was the line snaking across the bridge towards Africa. We're headed back towards Pandora. The line never stopped moving.

PorterRedkey

BrianLo

We rope dropped back in June and arrived at like 7:05-7:10 at the actual tap-styles. Made it past the ticket booths line wise. They let us in the park quite quickly. At like 7:20 or so if I remember. I was off the ride before the park had even opened at 8. So honestly that was a reasonably good experience, but it seems Easy Dubs (WDW) hasn't had the same experience. I thought it was weird being shuttled through the queue before official park opening and for them to start churning riders through at 7:40 or so.

Meanwhile if you are not in the first wave of arrivals there is no point. You'll spend all that time waiting outside of the park and all that time still waiting to ride and you'll be looking at a 2 hour wait. 3 hours if you foolishly show up at or just before actual opening time and think that's "early". I wanted to shake people getting into the line at 8:15 back by Lion King.

As others have said 2-4PM is still a great time.

If you try to rope drop and find yourself outside of the first wave, you can always (and should) bail and head to River Journey and likely enjoy it for several back to back rides to your hearts content. When I had finished with FoP, River Journey was still just a 5min wait.

Fizban257

Here is a detailed description of the current 9am rode drop at Animal Kingdom. It includes full park wait times and tips on the best way to take advantage of rope drop. Good read if you are wanting to plan your "attack".

http://www.*******.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-pandora-rope-drop-with-9am-open-72517/

EDIT: I guess this is the other banned site. Nevermind.

I was there the day of this report and used this plan (based on his previous report for an 8 a.m. opening). There were 7 people in front of us at the tapstile to enter the park and we were in the second row at the bridge holding point. We walked right onto the ride and were heading over to Na'vii River Journey at 9:01. We rode that with an 8-minute wait and then headed over to Dinoland.

EPICOT

I was there the day of this report and used this plan (based on his previous report for an 8 a.m. opening). There were 7 people in front of us at the tapstile to enter the park and we were in the second row at the bridge holding point. We walked right onto the ride and were heading over to Na'vii River Journey at 9:01. We rode that with an 8-minute wait and then headed over to Dinoland.

What time did you arrive for an 8am (EMH, right?) open?

Fizban257

What time did you arrive for an 8am (EMH, right?) open?
For a 9 a.m. opening, they open the bag-check line at 7:30. If you arrive then, you'll be at the head of a tapstile line, which should put you in the first wave at the bridge holding point, after a brisk walk. They let us into the park at ~8:15 and walked us from the bridge to the ride at ~8:35. We did this twice that week with the same result: off FOP at 9:01.

Fizban257

Does River Journey usually have lower wait times then FOP during EMH/Rope drop? My strategy is trying to get a fast pass for FOP in the morning, and doing River Journey in EMH.
Yes, at rope drop/EMH you ought to be able to ride River Journey more than once with little wait.

doctornick

Ok, on "regular" days DAK opens at 9am. On EMH days, it opens at 8am. If you are staying on-site and are eligible for EMH, which is the better option? Either way, you pretty much have to arrive by 7:30am to get in early without much of a wait for FoP, right?

RSoxNo1

I understand Flight of Passage is the new kid on the block, but it's hard not to go back to the capacity issues that myself and others outlined here.

Capacity is a problem for this attraction.

djkidkaz

We went for am EMH last week. Entering the park was kind of a nightmare because they scan everyone's bands after you go through the tapstiles to verify you can use EMH. We arrived about 7:30 for an 8:00 open. We were in line at 8:15 and walking off the ride at 9:30. If we had gotten there earlier it would have been a shorter wait. We couldn't complain about waiting an hour when waits were consistently 2.5 hours the rest of the day.
View attachment 220641
This was the line snaking across the bridge towards Africa. We're headed back towards Pandora. The line never stopped moving.

If you got to AK at 7:30 and off the ride at 9:30 you essentially waited two hours, not an hour. I always find it funny how people don't start their "wait timer" until they get in line when in actuality all that time spent getting their early, waiting to get in, scanned, etc all mine as well be the same as just standing in the 2.5 hour line and having a much smoother entrance into the park.

djkidkaz

I understand Flight of Passage is the new kid on the block, but it's hard not to go back to the capacity issues that myself and others outlined here.

Capacity is a problem for this attraction.

Time for a fifth theater? LOL

Once this park adds another great attraction that will help to draw some people away, but it's just a darn good ride!

What surprised me is how it's affected the rest of the park. I would like to see some numbers at other attractions on if their waits increased or decreased. With the increase in attendance at this park I would have assumed we would see longer waits at all rides and that doesn't appear to be the case just from what I've noticed in my visits there.

I still think DAK has to add something significant for the 50th so maybe we'll see another attraction there sooner rather than later.

RSoxNo1

Time for a fifth theater? LOL

Once this park adds another great attraction that will help to draw some people away, but it's just a darn good ride!

What surprised me is how it's affected the rest of the park. I would like to see some numbers at other attractions on if their waits increased or decreased. With the increase in attendance at this park I would have assumed we would see longer waits at all rides and that doesn't appear to be the case just from what I've noticed in my visits there.

I still think DAK has to add something significant for the 50th so maybe we'll see another attraction there sooner rather than later.
It's an E-ticket attraction that gets 1000-1300 an hour. That's abhorrent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom