News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

Basketbuddy101

Haha I vaguely recall feeling the same way. Even for attractions I think it should be used sparingly. Definitely shouldn’t have been included In Tiana’s attraction name. Especially considering that it sounds like anything but an adventure. Should have been Tiana’s Bayou Splash or something.
That name makes the most sense, so naturally, it didn't make the final cut. Pretty sure it was just Disney wanting to disassociate from anything remotely pertaining to the term 'Splash.'

Professortango1

Haha I vaguely recall feeling the same way. Even for attractions I think it should be used sparingly. Definitely shouldn’t have been included In Tiana’s attraction name. Especially considering that it sounds like anything but an adventure. Should have been Tiana’s Bayou Splash or something.
I'd go with Mardis Gras Mountain.

mickEblu

Seeing rumors that Monsters might be considered for DHS. In a perfect world the backlot would be converted to Monstropolis with a Doors coaster added next to the Monsters Inc ride. Avatar would go on the Simba lot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, they've announced this...

View attachment 778845

It's the catch-all of catch-alls! Just the thing for a second or third gate that used to be more about California/Moviemaking.

Is Disney Adventure World (Disneyland Resort) and Disney Adventure World (Walt Disney World) far behind?
However uninspiring it might be it does show they are still willing and ready to change Park names as needed. So while I don’t expect a DCA rename soon, I still see a possibility it happening at some point as they continue to move away from the “California” theme.

J4546

Seeing rumors that Monsters might be considered for DHS. In a perfect world the backlot would be converted to Monstropolis with a Doors coaster added next to the Monsters Inc ride. Avatar would go on the Simba lot.
in a perfect world the monsters inc ride would be replaced with something much better. That ride is meh. I do love monsters inc annd would love to see them get some more park love though. I think converting RnRc to a Monsters Doors coaster would be legit, also convert Lightning Mcqueen Show to Monsters Inc Show for a cool MonsterOpolis area and it would be right beside ToT for a "spooky" area.

Also my idea for turning rnrc to a doors coaster is ery involved and not really a retheme or reimagination but a totally new ride that would only use the massive box and nothing else

mickEblu

in a perfect world the monsters inc ride would be replaced with something much better. That ride is meh. I do love monsters inc annd would love to see them get some more park love though. I think converting RnRc to a Monsters Doors coaster would be legit, also convert Lightning Mcqueen Show to Monsters Inc Show for a cool MonsterOpolis area and it would be right beside ToT for a "spooky" area.

Also my idea for turning rnrc to a doors coaster is ery involved and not really a retheme or reimagination but a totally new ride that would only use the massive box and nothing else

I think it’s a solid dark ride. Especially as a secondary attraction. The transition from Hollywood Blvd to Monstropolis would be seamless. With that said I understand with land being at a premium at DLR it’s probably not something they’d be interested in. I’m guessing it would cost 1/4 of what Avatar would cost though if they wanted to do it as Phase 1 and boost DCAs attendance.

Considering that I don’t like many of the likely DL Forward candidates I’d be more than Ok with Monstropolis in the backlot and Avatar at the Simba lot. Monsters sells more merch than Avatar too I believe. You also don’t lose one of the two family friendly dark rides in the park. You could even have the trolley cut through there. Actually the more I think about the more disappointed I get that they l’re bit doing this.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it’s a solid dark ride. Especially as a secondary attraction. The transition from Hollywood Blvd to Monstropolis would be seamless. With that said I understand with land being at a premium at DLR it’s probably not something they’d be interested in. I’m guessing it would cost 1/4 of what Avatar would cost though if they wanted to do it as Phase 1 and boost DCAs attendance.

Considering that I don’t like many of the likely DL Forward candidates I’d be more than Ok with Monstropolis in the backlot and Avatar at the Simba lot.
The real question is what is going to move the needle more in 2024, Monstropolis or Avatar? Plus with Monsters Inc being a fairly cheap overlay I would want them to tear it out and redo the entire area. And if they are going to do that might as well retheme it to something else. So yeah Avatar still makes the most sense.

Now if they put Avatar in Simba, sure they could do Monstropolis but I'd really want something else myself.

mickEblu

The real question is what is going to move the needle more in 2024, Monstropolis or Avatar? Plus with Monsters Inc being a fairly cheap overlay I would want them to tear it out and redo the entire area. And if they are going to do that might as well retheme it to something else. So yeah Avatar still makes the most sense.

Now if they put Avatar in Simba, sure they could do Monstropolis but I'd really want something else myself.

Avatar moves the needle more but I think Monsters going in the backlot is a smarter long term decision for the park. I wouldn’t touch the Monsters Inc ride. I’d leave that for the families that can’t get on the Doors coaster. Use the transpo area and the Empty soundstages for the coaster.

I also think Monsters sells more merch. Probably a lot more.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Avatar moves the needle more but I think Monsters going in the backlot is a smarter long term decision for the park. I wouldn’t touch the Monsters Inc ride. I’d leave that for the families that can’t get on the Doors coaster. Use the transpo area and the Empty soundstages for the coaster.

I also think Monsters sells more merch. Probably a lot more.
I just think if they were going to do that they would have done it a long time ago. Its not like the backlot hasn't sat in its current state for a long time now. So yeah I'm gonna say pass on this one for me.

Now just throwing it out there, but what if they turn the doors coaster idea into an Avatar themed coaster to go along with the boat ride?

BTW when I hear Doors coaster I think of a RnR coaster with Jim Morrison waving at us. Lol.

mickEblu

I just think if they were going to do that they would have done it a long time ago. Its not like the backlot hasn't sat in its current state for a long time now. So yeah I'm gonna say pass on this one for me.

Now just throwing it out there, but what if they turn the doors coaster idea into an Avatar themed coaster to go along with the boat ride?

BTW when I hear Doors coaster I think of a RnR coaster with Jim Morrison waving at us. Lol.

Lol.

I mean, I’d never say No to a coaster but if DLR is only getting one or two more quality coasters max I wouldn’t go with Avatar. I’d go with Star Wars and Marvel. Monsters gets a pass for me for the reasons I mentioned in my last couple posts.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney has such a large catalogue of IP and DLR’s land is at such a premium that WDI really should really be mapping out and have a long term plan of which IP should go with which ride systems.
I'm sure they do, but that list is probably also always changing based on the priorities of the company and which IPs they want to focus on.

mickEblu

I'm sure they do, but that list is probably also always changing based on the priorities of the company and which IPs they want to focus on.

I dunno. The fact we havent heard any rumors for a Star Wars or Marvel coaster leads me to believe this isn’t true. Or that it’s way down on the priority list.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol.

I mean, I’d never say No to a coaster but if DLR is only getting one or two more quality coasters max I wouldn’t go with Avatar. I’d go with Star Wars and Marvel. Monsters gets a pass for me for the reasons I mentioned in my last couple posts.
With DLForward expansion I think DCA in total is going to get more than just one or two coasters. This is based on the fact they did a noise study done and used coasters as part of it. Now whether you call them "quality" or not if and when built is a personal preference.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dunno. The fact we havent heard any rumors for a Star Wars or Marvel coaster leads me to believe this isn’t true. Or that it’s way down on the priority list.
They've kept a wrap on DLForward plans for obvious reasons. So we wouldn't have heard anything yet. Once approved next week I assume we'll start getting leaks of rumored plans.

Also what do you mean no rumor for a Marvel coaster, remember that Capt America coaster that was rumored before it turned into the Wakanda ride and now the Thanos ride. So yeah they've had ideas for a Marvel themed coaster at DCA before.

mickEblu

With DLForward expansion I think DCA in total is going to get more than just one or two coasters. This is based on the fact they did a noise study done and used coasters as part of it. Now whether you call them "quality" or not if and when built is a personal preference.

By quality I meant E ticket. But yeah I don’t see more than two more coasters coming period. Regardless of ticket classification. Probably one E and something like Wandering Oakens.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
By quality I meant E ticket. But yeah I don’t see more than two more coasters coming period. Regardless of ticket classification. Probably one E and something like Wandering Oakens.
Well to be honest Disney Parks don't have a coaster heavy line up anyways. But really even if its only adding 2 or 3 more coasters as part of the expansion is fine with me. And I do think it'll be 3 not 2, as I think Tron is coming also, but we'll have to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom