Avatar construction aerial updates

Walter Yensid

Could it be for the maintenance bay?

I am pretty sure the building on the left of this picture is the maintenance bay which is backstage. This one with the odd roof looks front stage.

upload_2016-8-26_7-39-47.png

OldBlueEyes

Does anyone have any guesses what this structure is for? It is right next to the boat ride and seems to have some type of caging in front of it where they may do rockwork. Maybe a meet and greet where you enter through that rockwork.
View attachment 157422
My guess is boat-exit-shop. The "cage"-like structure in front, is IMO like an arch over the exit. I believe it's the one in this
partial of the model:

OBE

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One thing I noticed is Disney wastes so much land on parking lots. Pandora looks wedged into a small section of parking lot and I don't see if it is a hit where you could expand? There should always be some room to expand if the idea turns out well.

Surface parking lots are not that expensive to build, so if they deiced to expand Avatar in a few years it's no great loss to expand into the parking area in the corner and move that parking somewhere else.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One thing I noticed is Disney wastes so much land on parking lots. Pandora looks wedged into a small section of parking lot and I don't see if it is a hit where you could expand? There should always be some room to expand if the idea turns out well.
The only other option would be parking garages and the cost difference between the cost to build a parking lot and a parking garage are a couple orders of magnitude apart.

Not including the cost of the property, a parking lot costs about $2 per square foot. A parking garage starts at about $50 per square foot with the average cost being closer to $70.

If you have an abundance of room like Disney does, you build the parking lot every time. You only go to a garage when you run out of room like was the case at Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom