Avatar construction aerial updates

twebber55

Great video! I love Scott's aerials, but there is just so much more information you can get from a video. I am finally staring to understand what the things outlined in red are, they appear to just be footings for some tall concrete walls. The concrete to the right of the banshee ride wasn't bumpy before, they hadn't poured it yet, that was just the gravel used as a base. Now that whole area has been poured. Looks like there is still an area of the boat ride that needs to be poured. The way they are building the Banshee ride is interesting, they are currently just assembling the steel for the central core. The ride system will go outside of this, and the show building walls will surround that.

i-v5sxglkl-l-1-jpg.72567
i definitely think that the concrete walls are/is the base for the rock work
i now feel i have a good idea whats going where. at least the big stuff

Last edited:

flyerjab

i definitely think that the concrete walls are is the base for the rock work
i now feel i have a good idea whats going where. at least the big stuff

So it seems like the one area will be completely dominated by the simulator, boat ride and a large amount of rock work, not to mention the one side of the floating mountains. Any ideas as to what is happening up near where those bathroom facilities are? I am assuming that will be the area for any QS/TS and merch.

doctornick

So it seems like the one area will be completely dominated by the simulator, boat ride and a large amount of rock work, not to mention the one side of the floating mountains. Any ideas as to what is happening up near where those bathroom facilities are? I am assuming that will be the area for any QS/TS and merch.

I agree. The areas further north might also be used for a M&G and/or a walking trail type attraction.

twebber55

thats my guess as well that area looks to lead you to the path to FOTLK, so you have a restaurant near Pizzafari coming into the land and one going out towards FOTLK

EdC

Great video! I love Scott's aerials, but there is just so much more information you can get from a video. I am finally staring to understand what the things outlined in red are, they appear to just be footings for some tall concrete walls. The concrete to the right of the banshee ride wasn't bumpy before, they hadn't poured it yet, that was just the gravel used as a base. Now that whole area has been poured.
Lol. Did you think I was lying / making it up in my post?

I agree though, if a picture is a thousand words.. a multi-angle video is a million.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Lol. Did you think I was lying / making it up in my post?

I agree though, if a picture is a thousand words.. a multi-angle video is a million.

No, I wasn't doubting your information. The op stated that the concrete in that area went from bumpy to smooth, so I was just repeating your information that what we were seeing before wasn't concrete.

PorterRedkey

There are a couple of new shots over at Screamscape of the Avatar construction, but the resolution is pretty low. I think the first picture does a good job of showing the scale of the land compared to the rest of the park. (Photo Credit to Camden G.)

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm#Avatar

db_2015_0117_AvatarAir2_6001.jpg

db_2015_0117_AvatarAir1_6001.jpg

**Edited to add link and to add the photo credit.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not to get off topic, but what's up with the patch of land just above Asia? Is that just old dirt or is there something going on over there as well?

That land has been cleared since the park was first build and is used to storage, and stating areas for other projects. There has been a lot of new activity in that area including some fresh land clearing over the past year, but it's not there is no evidence that anything is going to be built there in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom