Avatar construction aerial updates

twebber55

There are a couple of new shots over at Screamscape of the Avatar construction, but the resolution is pretty low. I think the first picture does a good job of showing the scale of the land compared to the rest of the park. (Photo Credit to Camden G.)

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm#Avatar

db_2015_0117_AvatarAir2_6001.jpg

db_2015_0117_AvatarAir1_6001.jpg

**Edited to add link and to add the photo credit.
im guessing these are about 2 weeks old, at least, I believe the E ticket building is topped off

PorterRedkey

I love all the talk about the "mysterious permits" in that video.

So the report says they just recently filed the permits. I thought they had filed some permits over a year ago for the construction. If these are new permits what do they allow that the other permits did not?
I am not a cool construction guy so I am pretty ignorant about the whole permit process.

PorterRedkey

Here's a slightly more recent aerial view of the full site from mid-December:

(click for huge resolution)
I love the resolution of this photo, but if it is from mid-December then it is actually a little older than the Screamscape photos.

Awesome pic regardless.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So the report says they just recently filed the permits. I thought they had filed some permits over a year ago for the construction. If these are new permits what do they allow that the other permits did not?
I am not a cool construction guy so I am pretty ignorant about the whole permit process.

The original permits were filed back in late 2013, but there was a new permit for "Morpho 830 Completion Package" filed a few weeks ago, so the Morpho name isn't something new. We don't get to see the details of the permit to it's hard to say what each covered . My guess would be that the original permit covered the land preperation, infrastructure and basic shell of the buildings. The new permit probably covers all the final details some of which may not have been fully worked out when the original construction started.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I love the resolution of this photo, but if it is from mid-December then it is actually a little older than the Screamscape photos.

Awesome pic regardless.

Yes, and it's also older the the drone video. The picture is from Nearmap.com, someone came across that a week or so ago. I was going to post it but it's against their terms of service.

PorterRedkey

The original permits were filed back in late 2013, but there was a new permit for "Morpho 830 Completion Package" filed a few weeks ago, so the Morpho name isn't something new. We don't get to see the details of the permit to it's hard to say what each covered . My guess would be that the original permit covered the land preperation, infrastructure and basic shell of the buildings. The new permit probably covers all the final details some of which may not have been fully worked out when the original construction started.

Thanks for clarifying! How long til the public can view the permits? I know you have posted links to other permits.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for clarifying! How long til the public can view the permits? I know you have posted links to other permits.

Well, what I post here are actually Notices of Commencement, these are all posted in the Permits thread. These documents are posted daily on-line, but the actual permits are not, so we never get to see them. The Notice of Commencement simply says that work is about to begin on whatever is specified in the actual permit.

PorterRedkey

Well, what I post here are actually Notices of Commencement, these are all posted in the Permits thread. These documents are posted daily on-line, but the actual permits are not, so we never get to see them. The Notice of Commencement simply says that work is about to begin on whatever is specified in the actual permit.

Again, thanks for your knowledge. It's only 8 am and I have already learned 2 new things today, it gonna be a good day.

twebber55

I think more interesting to me is the mock canopy permit for the back of the park

Progress.City

There is new 2015 3D flyover of the area on Google Earth!

You can see at least two objects have gone vertical. One is a tower shape and the other is a suspended upside down "L" shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom