The Empress Lilly

Joe looks so excited.
That's the exact expression I had when I looked at the Rock of Life the first time.

Like: 'Uhm...okay.

erm...

...Really?'
paranoid.gif

Suspirian

The concept art is very beautiful, this makes me excited...not sticks in the ground. Nighttime show ant nighttime safaris too? **swoons**

NiarrNDisney

Yeah I just saw these pictures on D23's Facebook! I don't quite get the one with the crowd but I guess we will see in 2017!

Edit: Never mind I just read the Disney blog and understand that it is some sort of nighttime live performance something or other for Discovery Island

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I won't lie, though I've still got plenty of problems and doubts with this, if they can pull off anything like what they're showing in the concept art- it'll at least be a beautiful land. My most major worry is that they'll inevitably value engineer something. I'm not a big fan of the movie, but there is unquestionably a lot of eye candy in it that can translate to theme park form really well. It just has to be done by the right people with the right budget (and that's still a serious concern). And I still don't want it at Animal Kingdom either. It has sadly though reached a point where some of us would just say "oh well, better than nothing"...

I'm very glad that the boat ride looks like it's going to make it into the plan, Animal Kingdom needs more rides like that that can cater towards any type of guest (no height limits). Assuming this is anything close to final plans that is. I would hope they've got a fair idea as to what they're doing at this point in time. I'm actually somewhat more excited about the boat ride than the banshee one. I'm still going to guess the Banshee ride will be similar to an upgraded Soarin until I see otherwise (though probably in 3D and perhaps more intense).

My primary worry is the land not living up to the art. And that's a pretty major worry considering how New Fantasyland turned out. And like New Fantasyland, it'll take forever to open. Just do this right for once guys...

Also pleased to see the Tree of Life entertainment is going to happen along with the nighttime upgrades for the rest of the park.

Cody5242

AK will be my favorite park after this! Once HS and AK expansions are complete; I believe AK will draw more guests with all of these new offerings

dxwwf3

What about the Tangled toilets or the new MSUSA backstage bypass?
And MAGIC Bands will revolutionize the business.
Haha! It's been a long stretch of being underwhelmed hasn't it? I like New Fantasyland, but I was never excited for that like I am for this.

I just hope they don't go cheap with the boat ride. It looks like it could upstage everything else in the land from the concept art.

I just have one thing to say is, I hope they realize what they are doing.
The DAK parking lot can not handle this, there is going to be a lot of Chaos when Pandora opens especially on the Bridge going over the river, guest flow is tough there right now at park opening.
Since this is going to be a complete day park now they need to rethink the access points in DAK

doctornick

HOLY CANNOLI!

I CANNOT EVEN SPEAK RIGHT NOW.

NIGHT TIME SHOW?!?!

AK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :)

It's a bit funny.... the order of importance of stuff I am excited about in terms of this announcement:

1. Night time show. Looks and sounds great.
2. Boat ride, really needed
3. General look of Pandora, should be interesting to walk into
4. Fly on a Banshee ride.

Sure, I think the flying ride will be the big E-ticket and certainly will be the big thing they hype. But just isn't as exciting to me right now as the other stuff. We'll see once more specific details come out.

Skyway

Anyone have an idea where they would stage the water show? The most logical place would be the big expanse of water in front of Everest. But with that comes pouring large asphalt viewing areas.

I'm also intrigued by a nighttime KS. I imagine it would not involve real animals since most (except for the lions) would be sleeping. And any light used to see nocturnal animals would be detrimental to them. What else could they roll out there at night?

alissafalco

Anyone have an idea where they would stage the water show? The most logical place would be the big expanse of water in front of Everest. But with that comes pouring large asphalt viewing areas.

I'm also intrigued by a nighttime KS. I imagine it would not involve real animals since most (except for the lions) would be sleeping. And any light used to see nocturnal animals would be detrimental to them. What else could they roll out there at night?
They could give everyone the nighttime goggles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom