Malin

No it can never be officially proven wrong. If there is no boat ride when this opens in 2017 they can claim they had the scoop first and if there is a boat ride they will just say it was removed in 2014 but then put back in at a later point. I do think if the boat ride was killed we would never again see the concept art again from Disney.

If MiceAge gets the rumour right we'll see endless amounts of self praise. A lot of the writers and contributors were jumping for joy when it correctly pointed out the Subs were closing. Although when it was pointed out to them that it was returning a number of excuses were made. Right now you can follow the weekly Sub updates on the site where it shows no work being done on them in a desperate way to prove the Disney Parks Blog wrong.

But if the news is proven wrong we'll see some poorly thought out excuse or no mention of it ever again. Just a quick re edit of the original article.

Malin

Found the original video made for the D23 Expo in Japan. I do think the image would have been removed if the MiceAge article was correct. Or that someone on here would have confirmed it by now.

Captain Neo

The boat ride would have required real sets, real audio animatronics and a non-omnimover non-simulator ride system. A big NO NO for modern Disney.

Otamin

I take the rumours with a grain of salt, especially since it's from MiceChat.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if Disney have scaled things back due to the colossal mess that is MyMagic+.

Skibum1970

Found the original video made for the D23 Expo in Japan. I do think the image would have been removed if the MiceAge article was correct. Or that someone on here would have confirmed it by now.

In addition to that, the presentation at the SDMT event last week also featured the artwork containing the boat ride. Now, the artwork shown was just the same stuff that was released before but I agree that they wouldn't show that image if it had already been cut.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I take the rumours with a grain of salt, especially since it's from MiceChat.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if Disney have scaled things back due to the colossal mess that is MyMagic+.
I agree that waiting for MM+ to get sorted out is probably delaying things like StarWarsLand and other additions. Avland is already greenlit with an approved budget. Not saying they couldn't cut back, but it would be more likely that they cut other things at other parks or even AK before this. Just my opinion.

dstrawn9889

just like the DL subs, a little misdirection to save on costs... that is what MM+ has been made into, a smokescreen to save money for a particular quarter or fiscal year.

twebber55

Been recently rumored (to no surprise) -- that this won't open until 2017. If they were only building one ride, restaurant, and themed area --- 3 years? I don't think so...
the construction zone is very large for just one ride...if you go to Parkjourney .com and see their pictures that tells me its going to be much more than 1 ride

obviously plans change but im still thinking two rides, shops, and dining location(s)

doctornick

the construction zone is very large for just one ride...if you go to Parkjourney .com and see their pictures that tells me its going to be much more than 1 ride

obviously plans change but im still thinking two rides, shops, and dining location(s)

Probably also a M&G and maybe even an "attraction" of a walking trail to see "animals" from Pandora similar to what you have in Asia/Africa. Also, if the leaked blueprints are still being used, it had 4 theaters being used for the "Soarin'" style ride, which take up a lot of space, especially if they are goign to be integrated well into the ambiance of the land.

But, the 2017 timeframe is correct. That's a 3 year build from groundbreaking which is in line with what Disney does these days. Even if they fast tracked it, I doubt they'd get it open much earlier than mid 2016.

doctornick

Hasn't it always been scheduled for 2017 opening?

Way back when they first made the Avatar announcement (before they even had WDI work on any concepts), they said 2016. I think that was in 2011. But with the concept art and more details from the Tokyo D23 in fall 2013 and subsequent ground breaking, the target was stated to be 2017 and we haven't heard anything about that changing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom