wannab@dis

I think this may be something from a few months ago. At least for Shanghai, Disney yesterday announced that they are on budget on the Shanghai Disneyland Project and are even going to be adding some additional money to increase the number of rides that will be in the park for the opening day in late 2015.
Disney has also stated in interviews that MM+ is still within budget. Looks like they missed the entire basis of their article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/b...-bracelet-is-key-to-magical-kingdom.html?_r=0
Coursing through the many blogs that track Disney’s parks are reports that the new system is overbudget. ...
Seated in his office at Disney headquarters in Burbank, Calif., a smiling Mr. Staggs dismissed such chatter. He said that the initiative had stayed within budget.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This doesn't seem very likely to me. The article is trying desperately to be as negative as possible, but this just seems like griping and whining as opposed to spilling some inside info.

BubbaQuest

Miceage said the mermaid refurb would include rework of the ending scene... YEAH :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Yeah! Disney doesn't fix yet another one of their rides. Take that Micechat!

I'm not trying to defend Micechat, but 4+ months after groundbreaking and all I've seen is some concept art, a crane, and some tree removal. Please, please, please prove me and Micechat wrong.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah! Disney doesn't fix yet another one of their rides. Take that Micechat!

I'm not trying to defend Micechat, but 4+ months after groundbreaking and all I've seen is some concept art, a crane, and some tree removal. Please, please, please prove me and Micechat wrong.

It's not planned to open until 2017. If it was opening next year and there was still no sign of a boat ride then I would be worried.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wouldn't trust a thing MiceAge says anymore, now that Lutz is gone. Pretty much everything they say sounds so far-fetched, it's funny.
Agreed. Where they lost me was this:
...or even consider anything for years at WDW’s Magic Kingdom once the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opens next month.

To say plans are on hold or even canceled is one thing, but to say they won't even consider anything for years is just plain silly....especially as they rip apart the hub at MK and begin a construction project.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
what exactly did Cameron say?

Borrowed from the other thread:

from the JC AMA on reddit:

Question-
"I am beyond excited to be able to step foot into Pandora. Any details you could share with us about the park expansion at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World? Even the tiniest detail would be awesome! Thanks for taking time to talk to us fans."

JC-
"Well, Disney are doing a first-rate job designing it. It's going to be completely spectacular. It will be like being on Pandora. You will see real floating mountains. It's going to be a very magical experience just to be there and walk around. And the two rides will be absolute state of the art. But I don't how much they want to say about what those rides specifically will be, so I probably shouldn't say anymore than that. But from what I've seen so far, it will be amazing. I will be sad it's in Florida, because I won't be able to go a lot to it."​

doctornick

And the interview with Cameron on Reddit appears to have been on or about April 12. I'm extremely skeptical that the Pandora plans have changed so dramatically since then or that Cameron would be so out of the loop as to not know that a ride was cut. Especially given the content of what he said in answering the question.

twebber55

And the interview with Cameron on Reddit appears to have been on or about April 12. I'm extremely skeptical that the Pandora plans have changed so dramatically since then or that Cameron would be so out of the loop as to not know that a ride was cut. Especially given the content of what he said in answering the question.
especially since he specifically mentioned two rides

Californian Elitist

Agreed. Where they lost me was this:
...or even consider anything for years at WDW’s Magic Kingdom once the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opens next month.

To say plans are on hold or even canceled is one thing, but to say they won't even consider anything for years is just plain silly....especially as they rip apart the hub at MK and begin a construction project.

They lost me when they said Oz was coming to DL's Frontierland, as well as when they said Atro Orbitor was going away. Not to mention the whole "new ending for Mermaid" spiel. Far-fetched, to the max.

Travel Junkie

They lost me when they said Oz was coming to DL's Frontierland, as well as when they said Atro Orbitor was going away. Not to mention the whole "new ending for Mermaid" spiel. Far-fetched, to the max.

And let’s not forget the Tron light Cycle’s they reported would be ON the People Mover track that couldn't possibly support a ride any longer only to be changed to Star Wars Speeder bike ride on those same tracks. Half of these rumors they toss around don’t make any logical sense. They have lost all the credibility Lutz had built up over the years in a very short time.

Californian Elitist

And let’s not forget the Tron light Cycle’s they reported would be ON the People Mover track that couldn't possibly support a ride any longer only to be changed to Star Wars Speeder bike ride on those same tracks. Half of these rumors they toss around don’t make any logical sense. They have lost all the credibility Lutz had built up over the years in a very short time.

Yes, that as well. That was a big one. Really, bikes on the original PeopleMover tracks? The fact that people fell for it is jarring.

I'd like to think that MiceAge's reports are part of one, big April Fool's joke.

the.dreamfinder

To be fair, Tony Baxter really, really wanted to do something with Oz, but it's not clear how much traction it got from Burbank/TDA. The real problem with these faux Al updates is that they really do a poor job of putting things in context and suggest things are in stone when they're not.

Californian Elitist

To be fair, Tony Baxter really, really wanted to do something with Oz, but it's not clear how much traction it got from Burbank/TDA. The real problem with these faux Al updates is that they really do a poor job of putting things in context and suggest things are in stone when they're not.

Oh, for sure, and I understand that. But to try and really pass it off as the complete truth... No.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom