disney4life2008

I stopped reading when you said 5 to 10 years....they take a while granted no way 5 to 10 years

What makes you say 5 to 10 years? Even at Disney's pace they generally finish new attractions in under three years from groundbreaking. Fantasyland was an exception sine they changed plans, but each element took under 3 years.

As for the simulator ride, it's hard to judge if it will be "terrible" until we know more about it. If it's just a clone of Soarin with a Avatar film, then I will be disappointed, but if they add 3D, more motion and effects it could be a great ride. It's really the best way to get feeling of flying that you get from the movie.

Yes, we have been hearing about this for years, but it was announced far earlier then is common.
already at 2.5 years and 2017 is 6 years total

lazyboy97o

Some update.
There has been ZERO new information since the Japan D23 event.
This is the same footage as they released in October except edited in a different order and with Staggs doing the primary narration instead of Rohde.
Think of all the time someone had to spend in Premier Pro reordering the clips!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some update.
This is the same footage as they released in October except edited in a different order and with Staggs doing the primary narration instead of Rohde.

Good point on the video. I thought it looked familiar.

So either they took the time to edit the video, but forgot to remove the picture of the boat ride that has been cancelled....or this is just another swing and miss from a once reputable source. I know which one I'm voting for.

twebber55

Some update.
agreed but if the boat ride is out they would not have shown it
JMO

Bairstow

Good point on the video. I thought it looked familiar.

So either they took the time to edit the video, but forgot to remove the picture of the boat ride that has been cancelled....or this is just another swing and miss from a once reputable source. I know which one I'm voting for.

Yeah, I don't think you can infer one thing or the other from this hype video.

The story you're referring to is worthless anyway because because the projects are so far out.
Attractions may very well be added or subtracted as the Avatar project moves along, and since there hasn't been a single officially announced attraction there's no way for the author's rumors to ever be proved "wrong".

twebber55

The story you're referring to is worthless anyway because because the projects are so far out.
Attractions may very well be added or subtracted as the Avatar project moves along, and since there hasn't been a single officially announced attraction there's no way for the author's rumors to ever be proved "wrong".
other than if you take Cameron as what he said as truth or not....I certainly would agree with you had Cameron not said that a week or two ago

GoofGoof

Premium Member

No it can never be officially proven wrong. If there is no boat ride when this opens in 2017 they can claim they had the scoop first and if there is a boat ride they will just say it was removed in 2014 but then put back in at a later point. I do think if the boat ride was killed we would never again see the concept art again from Disney.

I 100% agree that the story is worthless;)

BubbaQuest

So is World of Color, excuse me, Rivers of Light, a new announcement or was that included in the original announcement months ago?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So is World of Color, excuse me, Rivers of Light, a new announcement or was that included in the original announcement months ago?

Part of the original announcement. In addition to AvatarLand they announced new nighttime entertainment including night safaris and a nighttime show. The concept art is a new release.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As is the name right?

Didn't a group called Disney Hipsters broke this story last July only to be scoffed by many on here.
I think you are right. The name wasn't part of the original release. I think we had a pretty lengthy debate somewhere on these boards about whether a light based show could go into the river at AK. The consensus opinion from a bunch of people who definitely sounded like they knew what they were talking about was that the water was too dirty. I'm curious to see if they need to drain the river and clean it up somehow.

BubbaQuest

Based on this video, I'm imagining a recent hallway conversation:

A: Hey, I'm working on a new presentation about Avatar.
B: Awesome, what's in it?
A: Some new concept art about the nighttime show and Tom Staggs talking about riding banshees.
B: Nothing about the boat ride?
A: Ya, no boat ride.

So the rumor is true! :)

Bairstow

Based on this video, I'm imagining a recent hallway conversation:

A: Hey, I'm working on a new presentation about Avatar.
B: Awesome, what's in it?
A: Some new concept art about the nighttime show and Tom Staggs talking about riding banshees.
B: Nothing about the boat ride?
A: Ya, no boat ride.

So the rumor is true! :)
No simulator ride either, since it wasn't mentioned.
This must mean that the only attraction is going to be Dumo-style spinner with banshee-shaped vehicles.
You heard it here first, folks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom