GoofGoof

Premium Member
Been recently rumored (to no surprise) -- that this won't open until 2017. If they were only building one ride, restaurant, and themed area --- 3 years? I don't think so...

It seems unreasonable to take that long for only 1 ride, but it did take over 2 years to build the Tangled Toilets;)

Skibum1970

They are very nice bathrooms, but your theory seems very likely;)

Thankfully, enough lettuce "greenbacks variety" typically provides enough roughage to get things moving again. I really hope that they don't cut the budget too much on this ride or the sim-ride. Bad enough to have supposedly lost a coaster.

Malin

And what claims were those?

The site claimed the Subs would sit quietly until a decision was made to either remove them or quickly bring them back in the Fall. We were told the closing was a cost cutting move. Images have appeared online this week of workers in the lagoon area. And even the sites "In The Parks" update writen by the same people had to make mention of the work going on to refurbish and re open them later this year.

All plans for the 60th Anniversary were put on hold MiceAge Update told us. And yet Steve Davison this week in an interview with Disneyland.com which you can read below promises "Guests can look toward the 60th anniversary year. We have so much on the horizon—there are more immersive experiences to come." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/may-fireworks/

RSoxNo1

The site claimed the Subs would sit quietly until a decision was made to either remove them or quickly bring them back in the Fall. We were told the closing was a cost cutting move. Images have appeared online this week of workers in the lagoon area. And even the sites "In The Parks" update writen by the same people had to make mention of the work going on to refurbish and re open them later this year.

All plans for the 60th Anniversary were put on hold MiceAge Update told us. And yet Steve Davison this week in an interview with Disneyland.com which you can read below promises "Guests can look toward the 60th anniversary year. We have so much on the horizon—there are more immersive experiences to come." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/may-fireworks/
And well before these workers appeared on stage MiceAge has also said that the attraction would re-open for a limited run before being closed permanently.

Mouse Trap

Same here. It seems like central FL is gradually becoming simulator city between the various theme park chains. Some locals even joke about the area's logo: "Welcome To Orlando, Please Put On Your 3D Goggles and Enjoy The Simulation." At least that was a Uni joke for awhile, but now becoming all of O-town.
This is why I am welcoming to attractions such as 7DMT and Mermaid, for despite their flaws, are at least immersive new attractions that don'nt rely heavily on screens or the 3D/simulator cliche.

THIS! I've preached that for years. It seems Uni will never build another ride that does not feature lengthy simulation scenes. I will welcome this boat ride with open arms, it's great to see real craftsmanship put into rides and not just on screen which is becoming so easy to do.

Simulators almost totally bore me now and while Uni has just about already confirmed Gringotts will not be as exciting as Forbidden Journey, hopefully we will get more than a coaster surrounded by IMAX screens. Maybe the Avatar flying simulator will incorporate some big time "real" aspects a la Forbidden Journey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom