twebber55

Right
No way its 9 acres
The plot of land pandora sits on is what 11 acres
9 acres is 1000000 sq ft
And 9 football fields
I wonder what gringotts is?
I ask because i ve seen that building up close so that would give me an idea what2.6 acres looks like

No Name

The only thing that's concerned me is their relatively recent 'What's New' and 'What's Next' piece. It's been brought up somewhere before, but it still makes me wonder.

For context, it was one of the first things that they put out following their many days of social media silence after the alligator attack.

What concerned me was that they me that they listed "Pandora - The World of AVATAR (2017)" as one item on the list, and then for some reason specifically listed "AVATAR Flight of Passage (2017)" under it as another, separate item on the list. But there's no seperate item for and not even any real mention of Navi River Journey.

Here's the link: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/06/21/whats-new-and-whats-next/

I certainly don't think the boat ride is cancelled, but maybe delayed. It's just odd that they didn't really mention it, while they wrote a whole thing on Flight of Passage and specifically mentioned both attractions for TSL and SWL.

In all likelihood, it means absolutely nothing new, and we and I probably shouldn't overthink it. But if anyone has any explanation or idea of why the article is this way, please share.

twebber55

The only thing that's concerned me is their relatively recent 'What's New' and 'What's Next' piece. It's been brought up somewhere before, but it still makes me wonder.

For context, it was one of the first things that they put out following their many days of social media silence after the alligator attack.

What concerned me was that they me that they listed "Pandora - The World of AVATAR (2017)" as one item on the list, and then for some reason specifically listed "AVATAR Flight of Passage (2017)" under it as another, separate item on the list. But there's no seperate item for and not even any real mention of Navi River Journey.

Here's the link: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/06/21/whats-new-and-whats-next/

I certainly don't think the boat ride is cancelled, but maybe delayed. It's just odd that they didn't really mention it, while they wrote a whole thing on Flight of Passage and specifically mentioned both attractions for TSL and SWL.

In all likelihood, it means absolutely nothing new, and we and I probably shouldn't overthink it. But if anyone has any explanation or idea of why the article is this way, please share.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-music-energy-to-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/

No Name

I don't understand. The What's New and What's Next article was published a whole 6.5ish months after the one you linked above. They also said Rivers of Light would premiere on April 22, and we all know how that went, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to go back on an announced opening day/year. SDL being another example.

So that's exactly my concern: Since they gave details and an opening confirmation of Navi River Journey earlier, but did not mention it in a more recent list that covered every other upcoming ride, maybe something changed. Maybe there was a reason for not including it.

Or likely the author made a mistake and/or is just a bit out of the loop.

twebber55

I don't understand. The What's New and What's Next article was published a whole 6.5ish months after the one you linked above. They also said Rivers of Light would premiere on April 22, and we all know how that went, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to go back on an announced opening day/year. SDL being another example.

So that's exactly my concern: Since they gave details and an opening confirmation of Navi River Journey earlier, but did not mention it in a more recent list that covered every other upcoming ride, maybe something changed. Maybe there was a reason for not including it.

Or likely the author made a mistake and/or is just a bit out of the loop.
@danlb_2000 has posted many permits for NRJ
to your point about ROL, its a different issue because of the technical issues...trust me its opening with the other stuff

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@danlb_2000 has posted many permits for NRJ
to your point about ROL, its a different issue because of the technical issues...trust me its opening with the other stuff

Yes, and those permits prove it's being worked on, but they do not give an indication of when it will open. I agree that it's strange that it was omitted from that list. I could just be a mistake, it could be that it's going to be delayed, or it could be that they are intentionally downplaying it. It's definitely and interest topic to discuss.

twebber55

Yes, and those permits prove it's being worked on, but they do not give an indication of when it will open. I agree that it's strange that it was omitted from that list. I could just be a mistake, it could be that it's going to be delayed, or it could be that they are intentionally downplaying it. It's definitely and interest topic to discuss.
well reading the whats new whats next article you can come to two conclusions:
1. its being built and it just wasnt mentioned (permits show this is the case)
2. it wasnt mentioned therefore is now not opening even though it has been talked about multiple times by disney

if ti were delayed they still would ve mentioned it so i think that rules that out

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

well reading the whats new whats next article you can come to two conclusions:
1. its being built and it just wasnt mentioned (permits show this is the case)
2. it wasnt mentioned therefor is now not opening even though it has been talked about multiple times by disney

if ti were delayed they still would ve mentioned it so i think that rules that out

The New construction wall still shows the Bioluminescent Boat ride is still coming on the Far Right...
dbfeee6f48774643c0f4fc03a3483582.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom