August 2012 Roll Call!!

dixiegirl

Hay there my fellow August Disney travelers (whew that was a mouthfull!) Southwest just opened up travel now t Aug 11th and on (think till Jan)!! So if you haven't already got those tickets take a look! Yeah ahd to buy them, Now we're all set!!! Just have to figure where we want to eat!!! I need something warm to think about, we have enough of that white stuff outside, I will take the heat and humidity and day over that snow!!!

As much as I want August to get here, I so much love Spring and summer in RI!!

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

I'm in! We'll be there from August 18 - 25th, still deciding if we want to stay at All-Star Movies or do a pirate room at CBR. This week is becoming a tradition for us - it's my birthday week, and the week before school starts. I can't wait!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney05

Hay there my fellow August Disney travelers (whew that was a mouthfull!) Southwest just opened up travel now t Aug 11th and on (think till Jan)!! So if you haven't already got those tickets take a look! Yeah ahd to buy them, Now we're all set!!! Just have to figure where we want to eat!!! I need something warm to think about, we have enough of that white stuff outside, I will take the heat and humidity and day over that snow!!!

As much as I want August to get here, I so much love Spring and summer in RI!!
Looks like it's now open til Sept. 28 2012.

Upvote 0

jlevis

Our two sons and their famalies will be there too. Hopefully, our oldest granddaughter will be there with our 1 month old great granddaughter. No way I'm that old!! :eek:

Upvote 0

Imalone

Will be arriving Aug 19 - Sept 2 and staying at the POP. 14 nights in the World will be totally awesome! My daughter's eyes are already shining and we still have 7 months to go!

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

10th through the 19th!

Last year we got "stuck" in WDW due to the hurricane hitting home. At Disney World that was the only day of full sunshine.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

10th through the 19th!

Last year we got "stuck" in WDW due to the hurricane hitting home. At Disney World that was the only day of full sunshine.

UGGG ! Please don't remind me!! Had a fabulous week in Disney last year ( in August), was so praying that we would have to change our flight and all due to the hurricane coming to RI, nope made it home(would'nt been more thrilled if we were just stuck somewhere other than RI!!
Came home saturday nite , the state looked so deserted and to see all the business's getting ready with the tape on their windows(which we learned the day before at Epcots (storm struck, does not really help) All was great , next morning put laundry in wash and then the power was off.....For the next 5 days!!! Not the best way to put it but it SUCKED so bad!!! You know to think the day before we were happily having a grand old time in Disney and then to go home ,which is depressing enough...But to lose power, no hot water to take hot showers....Live out of a cooler beacuse you had to empty out your fridge!! Yes no fun!!

Upvote 0

mommyrosa2

First time going in August. We'll be there the 17th-24th...besides the heat, we're not quite sure what to expect. Does it normally rain everyday? Crazy Crowds?

Upvote 0

coltow

First time going in August. We'll be there the 17th-24th...besides the heat, we're not quite sure what to expect. Does it normally rain everyday? Crazy Crowds?

Crowds aren't that bad, but yes plan on rain every afternoon. It's usually just a quick thunderstorm and then it's done. Pack ponchos and just go with the flow.

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

Finally heading back

We will be there August 9th through the 18th staying at POP. Can't wait to get there!! :sohappy: We had to miss our annual trip last year since I had my son in April and I wasn't going to take an infant. Hate waiting until August, we are usually there the end of June or early July, but the $300 difference in price is much needed this year. I just hope I don't spend my summer ( I am a teacher) wishing my summer away so we can get to Disney.

Upvote 0

tarin24u

Just booked AKV-Jambo 1brm villa from 19th to 25th!! So excited! Really hoping we can get free dining but if not we do have a kitchen. I'm so excited to see AKV. Just spoke with dining and can make reservations in Feb. Cannot wait to try some new places :) Just heard Tony's in MK will have character breakfast in August. Any word on Fantasmic yet?? I know it's not listed yet but I'm thinking they will have it.

CBR 2000
POR 2002
BC 2007

AKV 2012!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom