August 2012 Roll Call!!

We are coming from Australia! 19 year old Kate and mum Karen, arriving on 6 August. Never been to Disney World before, actually never been to America before! We like the look (and price) of All Star Movie Resort - and we will need all the public transport - very confused about dining packages - worth it or not? all help and advice very gladly accepted! thank you :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

We are coming from Australia! 19 year old Kate and mum Karen, arriving on 6 August. Never been to Disney World before, actually never been to America before! We like the look (and price) of All Star Movie Resort - and we will need all the public transport - very confused about dining packages - worth it or not? all help and advice very gladly accepted! thank you :wave:

definatly worth it! You have pretty much 2 really good options

option 1 - quick serve you get 2 quick serve meals a day that's a normal get your food eat and leave with 1 snack a day (pop popcorn ice cream etc) and a refillable mug to get pop for free at your resort

option 2- magic your way dining you get 1 quick serve a day and 1 sit down meal a sit down is a restaurant you would pay (80.00 or more) for one trip of 2 people. But with dining you pay nothing because that's the plan. You get 1 snack and refillable mug. BUT for the magic your way you want to make reservations you don't just want to get the plan and hope to get in places that's very hard. You have 180 days previous to book reservations and the Disney dining people can help you with your needs if you call. but if you don't eat much I would suggest you not get the dining plan, but it is worth it.

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

Due to school and other commitments, August wins out this year for us. I'd much prefer a cooler time (such as November, which is lovely), but it's actually great timing because we can take part in a huge family reunion (where the date's been changed a few times) in Tampa that we thought we might miss. And my mom is celebrating her 83rd birthday during our visit too. :sohappy: So it's all good. :animwink:

Upvote 0

battgyrl

Just Booked!

We've been talking about going to WDW in August and today I decided to call Disney just in case I had a pin on my account. Turns out I did! I booked 8 nights at the BC with deluxe dining and 7-day park hopper. I worried my DH would be upset that I booked, but he was thrilled! I just couldn't turn down the offer - it is over $1000 off the room.

We have only been to WDW once, before we had kids, and we didn't stay on property. Can't wait for the complete Disney immersion!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

We've been talking about going to WDW in August and today I decided to call Disney just in case I had a pin on my account. Turns out I did! I booked 8 nights at the BC with deluxe dining and 7-day park hopper. I worried my DH would be upset that I booked, but he was thrilled! I just couldn't turn down the offer - it is over $1000 off the room.

We have only been to WDW once, before we had kids, and we didn't stay on property. Can't wait for the complete Disney immersion!
:sohappy:

oh its so much better!!

Upvote 0

maine native

Beach Club get ready

Just booked today 8/18-8/25 for 5:sohappy:. No discount or pin attached to my name. Hoping something comes up to help. Bringing my daughter's boyfriend and it would help with the cost. Also did all my dining reservations as well:slurp:. First time at beach club. I hope we like it. We stayed at the AKL and Poly and loved both places.

Upvote 0

lisak09

Staying on International Drive for a week from 18th August, then checking into Wilderness Lodge on the 25th August for another week! So excited as its the first time staying there! Also we have free dining and i've just finished sorting out our ADR's:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

goodanu

We are taking my brother and his family of four on the 13th to the 18th. We will be staying in a two bedroom at BLT for our first trip as DVC owners.

Made our ADR this past weekend----can't wait.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom