August 17-24 with small kids, and dining ???

agiudice

AP holder so no biggie if we don't get EVERYTHING in.

It will just be myself and my 2 and 7 year olds. I figure we shall take it slow, staying at All Star Sports.
I'm thinking go in morning to the parks, go swim and nap in the afternoon.
Go back to parks at night. Do the shows and rides that we can all get on.

Basically take it easy, I've never had a no-rush wdw vacation!

I'm also thinking waterpark, heard Typhoon Lagoon is better for the little kids and mini-golf.
What else would you do? Looking for low key things.

Also....the dreaded question....because we are "playing it by ear" ....I've made NO dining reservations....Will I have any hope of eating anything except counter service?

wizards8507

It will just be myself and my 2 and 7 year olds. I figure we shall take it slow, staying at All Star Sports.

I'm also thinking waterpark, heard Typhoon Lagoon is better for the little kids and mini-golf.

Also....the dreaded question....because we are "playing it by ear" ....I've made NO dining reservations....Will I have any hope of eating anything except counter service?

That plan looks really fantastic. As far as the dining reservations, you'll probably be able to get a table service meal here and there, but you most likely won't be able to be picky about where you eat.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We are going to try to do a more non-rushed trip in Sept too.
We didn't book any ADRs for breakfast due to this fact, but we did book ADRs for dinner each night.
I don't want to feel like I am rushing to get somewhere at a certain time first thing in the morning, but we can plan around the dinner schedule.
If you have some ADRs that you really want to do, I would suggest making reservations.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Mukta

What a fun trip! With a 2 year old, I think it is important to keep his/her regular schedule to help prevent meltdowns. Afternoon breaks are a good idea.

Nine Dragons and Marrakesh usually have space for walk ins. Check with guest services in each park when you get there and see what they have open.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

I rarely do ADR's and get along just fine. It seems like you never need an ADR for breakfast. We'll get our Boma fix doing a breakfast instead of dinner. I suppose since ADR's are free it doesn't hurt to make them just in case, but for most ADR's I find ourselves planning around the reservation and leaving places early just to eat. I do keep trying to get Le Celier, but it's always booked up -- the passholder and FL resident discounts don't come out far enough in advance.

Upvote 0

agiudice

Original Poster
well I broke down and made 1 carachter breakfast ADR, but its for a late 10:00 one at Ohana. I'm sure it wont be great but the kids will enjoy and I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there!

I am truley thinking counter service will be ok. My 2 year old and I really don't eat much, salads and stuff are usually ok for us. My 7 year old can live off chicken fingers....literally!

So I'm not going to stress about that at all!

Quick question....are there microwaves in the cafeteria at All Star Sports?

Is there a place there to buy milk I guess I can just bring those non-refridgerated milk cartons ....

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

well I broke down and made 1 carachter breakfast ADR, but its for a late 10:00 one at Ohana. I'm sure it wont be great but the kids will enjoy and I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there!

I am truley thinking counter service will be ok. My 2 year old and I really don't eat much, salads and stuff are usually ok for us. My 7 year old can live off chicken fingers....literally!

So I'm not going to stress about that at all!

Quick question....are there microwaves in the cafeteria at All Star Sports?

Is there a place there to buy milk I guess I can just bring those non-refridgerated milk cartons ....

Why would you have to get up at the crack of dawn to get to a 10:00 breakfast? :shrug:

The Lilo and Stitch is pretty good, they will definitely enjoy, you probably will too :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom