Augh.. I feel like the Harbinger of Doom recently with my posts.. Tom Sawyer's Island will not be opening up again...

solidyne

Ok, y’all. If we are going to keep making a new thread every time that there is reason to believe a new thing won’t reopen initially with the parks, there would be dozens of threads that would fill at least three full pages. Between this and mermaid, this is becoming a really bad habit that will only clog the forums. Let’s try not to set a bad precedent, and keep it within the exiting COVID-19 threads.
Yeah! At the very least, their thread titles could be more concise.

disney4life2008

If it’s only 1 park it’s going to be a hard sell to the AP’s. I didn’t pay $1200 for an annual pass to just MK, and an MK with no characters and no entertainment at that.

If 3 of the 4 parks are open, but with limited offerings that’s a bit more reasonable to start the calendar up again. We shall see.

I agree. But what does the fine print on any ticket say? I feel like it says you agree to pay regardless of offerings.

deeevo

I have not heard anything indicating temporary or permanent. Just that it will not open with the rest of MK. Too much of a liability. Imagine someone infected coughing in one of the caves. Everyone that goes in for the next few hours is infected.
Couldn't that happen in the SM queue or PP queue where it is pretty confined? I feel like there are a lot of places that could happen. I wonder if shutting it down is more of a cost savings then health risk.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Ok, y’all. If we are going to keep making a new thread every time that there is reason to believe a new thing won’t reopen initially with the parks, there would be dozens of threads that would fill at least three full pages. Between this and mermaid, this is becoming a really bad habit that will only clog the forums. Let’s try not to set a bad precedent, and keep it within the exiting COVID-19 threads.
Yep, and once we start getting a firmer picture on the reopening, I'll crack open a new thread on that process and it will be a place where we can keep track of these types of things.

FigmentFan82

Yeah, it has gotten some long overdue love in recent years, it's just a logistical nightmare. If it did not require crammed skiffs to get over there, maybe more thought would have gone into opening it. But between the crammed skiffs and the overall size of it, it would be insane to properly staff.

As sad as TSI closure is, I may have something even worse tomorrow. Waiting on confirmation from two people though. I think it has legs and makes sense, just wanna get ducks in a row before I say anything.
Are the ducks in a row yet?

britain

I think we both have heard the same thing. However, I can confirm that TSI is temporary closure for the first phase of opening.

If what you're waiting has anything to do with Space Mountain, we're on the same page.

Lemme guess: All queuing for Space will be in zigzagging outdoor lines, and then route through the emergency exit doors (like where guests came out during the recent exit remodel).

techgeek

Does anyone have info on whether there will be parades and fireworks upon opening? They really pack in close for those.

They should use the opportunity to run a ‘special presentation’ of Fantasy in the Sky. Limit hub capacity. No projection or castle launchers. Encourage viewing from throughout the park.

In a lot of ways it would be nice to step back from the hub-centric nighttime show concept anyway.

Sir_Cliff

I completely understand your point, but every time I come back to the forums the WDW coronavirus thread has 300 extra pages that are mostly about the wisdom of shutting down the economy to prevent the spread of the virus. Between having to sift through that to see what is reopening with the parks and new threads for each attraction, I prefer new threads. There may be a middle ground, though!

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Yep, it's affiliated with Bob & Bob's. 🤫

View media item 7393

But the real question people are dying to know is -
Does Bob & Bob's Nightclub (r) serve 'special' alcoholic drinks...?

And it's a sauna too I see.
Are 'special services' also there for the select few who get to attend?

This place sounds even more exclusive then Club 33 at Disneyland Park.
And I've been there....so....how do I get a invitation to your place, Bob?
I'd like to experience it the next time I'm in O-town.

-

AndyS2992

Meh, was never much of a fan. I do love the little seating area opposite Thunder Mountain though where we would sit and wave at the passing trains and see how many people waved back and there'd always be lots of people waving back, which is why I love Americans. We tried the same thing at Disneyland Paris on the boat that goes around Thunder Mountain and got nothing but being ignored, funny looks and a middle finger lol it amuses me.

WDW Pro

Meh, was never much of a fan. I do love the little seating area opposite Thunder Mountain though where we would sit and wave at the passing trains and see how many people waved back and there'd always be lots of people waving back, which is why I love Americans. We tried the same thing at Disneyland Paris on the boat that goes around Thunder Mountain and got nothing but being ignored, funny looks and a middle finger lol it amuses me.

Disney World is technically in the Southern United States with plenty of southern accents and southeastern US guests. And, if someone waves at you in Chattanooga, Raleigh, or even Jacksonville, you wave back. That rule doesn't change just because you're on a roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom