Augh.. I feel like the Harbinger of Doom recently with my posts.. Tom Sawyer's Island will not be opening up again...

Disstevefan1

Too many concerns with cramming people on the skiffs to take them over there, and once they get there wandering free. The manpower required for cast members to enforce "social distancing" on that island isn't worth the return.

Old school MK is dying. It's a shame, but it is happening.

Thanks COVID 😡

This is just the beginning. I imagine during the initial phases of the reopening, there will simply nothing to do, no real way to queue up for what ever is open, and no where to eat because all the counter service and table service will be full due to social distancing rules.

In the old days when it was mobbed, you could always find someplace to sit down in the AC and eat some crappy counter service food or wonder Into the Hall Of Presidents to sit in the nice AC in the dark and have a nice respite. I am sure in the initial phases HOP will either closed or allow only a limited number of guests in there spaced apart.

I guess we will see.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Thanks COVID 😡

This is just the beginning. I imagine during the initial phases of the reopening, there will simply nothing to do, no real way to queue up for what ever is open and no there to eat because all the counter service and table service will be full due to social distancing rules.

In the old days when it was mobbed, you could always find someplace to sit down in the AC and eat some crappy counter service food or wonder Into the Hall Of Presidents to sit in a nice AC in the dark and have a nice respite. I am sure in the initial phases HOP will either closed or allow only a limited number of guests in there spaced apart.

I guess we will see.
Or on the benches that used to be sprinkled throughout the parks? ;)

donaldtoo

They should use the opportunity to run a ‘special presentation’ of Fantasy in the Sky. Limit hub capacity. No projection or castle launchers. Encourage viewing from throughout the park.

In a lot of ways it would be nice to step back from the hub-centric nighttime show concept anyway.

We had always watched the fireworks from the hub area on our WDW trips. On our February of ‘16 trip the fireworks were starting as we were finishing up our 7DMT ride. We ended up watching the rest of the show from the 7DMT exit area, and we were just in total awe of how spectacular it was watching from back there...!!!!! :)

JoeCamel

We had always watched the fireworks from the hub area on our WDW trips. On our February of ‘16 trip the fireworks were starting as we were finishing up our 7DMT ride. We ended up watching the rest of the show from the 7DMT exit area, and we were just in total awe of how spectacular it was watching from back there...!!!!! :)
fire.jpg

Sometimes you get some extra action back there too...... Orlando Weekly captured it

TrainsOfDisney

That’s the best place to watch New Year’s Eve fireworks from because they launch the 2nd set from the lagoon so you see the full show perfectly and avoid the crowds on Main Street and the hub. After the show I hop on the mine train... usually a 20 minute or so wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom