Attractions Job Offer

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Alrighty so I called casting to check the status of the 'Character Pool' that I've been waiting for forever. Anyways she says I need to call Entertainment base. So after all this I begin to ask her if there was anything I can do 'attractions wise'. She begins to offer me positions at...

1. Tommorrowland Complex
2. Great Movie Ride
3. Nemo, and Soarin'
4. M:S, and Test Track Complex
4. Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, etc.

So anyways with all of this being stated..what should I do? I have all these opportunities, and I want to pick the right one for sure. My gut feeling is to go with M:S, but is there anyone else that works in the area? How is it? Also, is it a good time to get in right now, due to it being peak season? And since I'll be working at an attractions area, will I be stressed out right now, due to it being peak season? Basically what should I do? Thanks!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
No no no, not M:S. Vomit city, and you'll be cross trained at TT wether you want to or not, and TT is miserable.

Movie Ride, go for Movie Ride.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Is that the only thing that's wrong with M:S? What's so bad about Test Track?

And further more, I can't even stand the "Great Movie Ride". So that was actually my last choice.

coasterphil

Stay the hell away from Tomorrowland. You'll probably end up on the Speedway getting run over by people and inhaling fumes all day.

If it were up to me I'd probably go for GMR, followed by the EPCOT positions. Also, don't let them you draw you into Casting with all those attractions positions and then have them pull a fast one on you by saying there is nothing available but Park Greeter or Parking. Make sure you really think about when you get in there and not just take whatever they happen to have.:lol: :cry:

WDWKat26

Well, for wanting to be in Entertainment my suggestion would be GMR. Mainly because you'd get great guest contact, acting skills and also there's a good chance you won't have to clean up vomit as often.

son of walt

i did GMR on the CP. of course, that was about 10 years ago, but the operation side of the attraction hasn't seemed to change that much. yeah, there's a bit of dialogue to learn, but overall, compared to what everyone else i knew went through at MK, GMR was pretty much a gravy job there. just my 2 cents.

emileekay04

Great Movie Ride would be amazing! I know when I was a CP, all my friends tried so hard to get an 'acting' role b/c everyone has so much fun in them :) But, I also had a friend who worked Nemo and absolutely LOVED it! He was a guy, and although the costume was a lil bright :) He loved the guest contact and that it wasn't too demanding :)

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Great Movie Ride would be amazing! I know when I was a CP, all my friends tried so hard to get an 'acting' role b/c everyone has so much fun in them :) But, I also had a friend who worked Nemo and absolutely LOVED it! He was a guy, and although the costume was a lil bright :) He loved the guest contact and that it wasn't too demanding :)

Honestly I would like to work the GMR, but seriously I just can't stand it as an atttraction, let alone driving and zipping through that building day in day out. But I was considering the Nemo ride as well, cause I like Nemo, and the attraction is pretty good. I actually happen to like the Nemo costume too..lol

But back to M:S, and TT...is it really that bad? Do you really clean up vomit regularly?

figmentmom

No no no, not M:S. Vomit city, and you'll be cross trained at TT wether you want to or not, and TT is miserable.

Movie Ride, go for Movie Ride.

My understanding of GMR is that you'll have one heck of a script to learn. If
that's your thing, then by all means go for it!

But wherever you wind up, remember you'll be a part of making the magic for a LOT of Guests. Go for it with a good attitude, and you'll be a great CM. :wave:

coasterphil

My understanding of GMR is that you'll have one heck of a script to learn. If
that's your thing, then by all means go for it!

But wherever you wind up, remember you'll be a part of making the magic for a LOT of Guests. Go for it with a good attitude, and you'll be a great CM. :wave:

Actually, most of the script is operating instructions rather than actual lines. I thought I remember the trainer saying that they actual line would only take up about 2-3 pages on their own.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
I can memorize lines fairly well, but this is just not an attraction for me.

'Let's go look at bunch of movies from back in the day, that I've never seen before..yay!' The ride really needs an update.

DDuckFan130

I can memorize lines fairly well, but this is just not an attraction for me.

'Let's go look at bunch of movies from back in the day, that I've never seen before..yay!' The ride really needs an update.
You're missing out by not having seen some of those movies. Granted, I haven't seen Casablanca for example...but Singin in the Rain? Wizard of Oz? Mary Poppins? There's a reason movies like that are in there IMHO :lol:

I would love to do GMR and would probably choose that of the options you presented.

JML42691

I would say that you should do Soarin/Nemo, I haven't heard anything negative about these positions and they sound like fun.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
You're missing out by not having seen some of those movies. Granted, I haven't seen Casablanca for example...but Singin in the Rain? Wizard of Oz? Mary Poppins? There's a reason movies like that are in there IMHO :lol:

I would love to do GMR and would probably choose that of the options you presented.

Yeah I've seen Mary Poppins, and Wizard of Oz, but other than that..nothing.

JML42691: "I would say that you should do Soarin/Nemo, I haven't heard anything negative about these positions and they sound like fun. "

Yeah that's the other one that I was considering on going with, cause yeah it does seem fun.

disneygoof1

Actually, most of the script is operating instructions rather than actual lines. I thought I remember the trainer saying that they actual line would only take up about 2-3 pages on their own.

I have to disagree with you on that one, when my ex was training on GMR, I would go over the lines with her, and it was about five to six pages of dialogue.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Alright so I am going to call my casting representative pretty soon. So anyways I've looked at all these attractions, and I think I am going to go with the Epcot choices. Any input would be appreciated for anyone who works in the area, or has heard good/bad things from these areas. Also, Is there any need right now for character attendents? Thanks!

joanna71985

Alright so I am going to call my casting representative pretty soon. So anyways I've looked at all these attractions, and I think I am going to go with the Epcot choices. Any input would be appreciated for anyone who works in the area, or has heard good/bad things from these areas. Also, Is there any need right now for character attendents? Thanks!

I don't know if there is need for them. But if you could get character attendant that is sooooo much fun.

I have a friend who just transfered to character attendant so I guess they're hiring. And I really think being an attendant would improve your chances of getting out of the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom