Attractions Job Offer

joanna71985

Can people in entertainment do both performer and attendant? I am attendant trained, but really want to do performer. However, if I ever get performer I would still like to be able to pick up attendant shifts. So is this possible?

Courtney488

As someone who used to work at M:S, I say DON'T DO IT! I was initially thrilled at getting that attraction as it's one of my favorite rides...but I was pretty miserable working there. I hate to say it, but most of the workers there really aren't all that nice...maybe it was worse for me because I was in the CP and full-timers aren't thrilled with us taking from their hours, but I tried to make friends with my co-workers and very few of them were friendly to me.

It's great when you see the guests off that thought it was awesome, but you frequently have to deal with crying terrified children who's parents forced them onto the intense version, as well as guests who become sick during the attraction. Of course there are more guests who get off happy than sick, just warning you that it does happen.

I'm a huge Disney freak, but I really didn't enjoy working this attraction. The guest problems weren't too big of an issue, for the most part I loved working with the guests and trying to make their vacation more magical. But co-workers can make all the difference...and they were pretty awful. Particularly my trainer, who frequently made very offensive and off-color remarks. I didn't feel very safe working there either. There was one incident my second day working there where someone locked me in the ride chamber and luckily realized it before starting the ride, because otherwise I would of been struck by (and most likely killed by, considering their speed) the ride vehicles.

Hate to be the downer, I love Disney...but I had to say something since I guess I'm the only one here who has ever worked there.

Captain Hank

Future World West (Imag/Land/Seas) has some great managers there right now. I haven't personally worked at Soarin' or the Seas, but I know plenty who have, and they love it.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
As someone who used to work at M:S, I say DON'T DO IT! I was initially thrilled at getting that attraction as it's one of my favorite rides...but I was pretty miserable working there. I hate to say it, but most of the workers there really aren't all that nice...maybe it was worse for me because I was in the CP and full-timers aren't thrilled with us taking from their hours, but I tried to make friends with my co-workers and very few of them were friendly to me.

It's great when you see the guests off that thought it was awesome, but you frequently have to deal with crying terrified children who's parents forced them onto the intense version, as well as guests who become sick during the attraction. Of course there are more guests who get off happy than sick, just warning you that it does happen.

I'm a huge Disney freak, but I really didn't enjoy working this attraction. The guest problems weren't too big of an issue, for the most part I loved working with the guests and trying to make their vacation more magical. But co-workers can make all the difference...and they were pretty awful. Particularly my trainer, who frequently made very offensive and off-color remarks. I didn't feel very safe working there either. There was one incident my second day working there where someone locked me in the ride chamber and luckily realized it before starting the ride, because otherwise I would of been struck by (and most likely killed by, considering their speed) the ride vehicles.

Hate to be the downer, I love Disney...but I had to say something since I guess I'm the only one here who has ever worked there.

Wow..how along ago was this when you worked at M:S? That's really scary about the ride chamber, considering it was your 2nd day...geesh! Thanks for sharing.

Can people in entertainment do both performer and attendant? I am attendant trained, but really want to do performer. However, if I ever get performer I would still like to be able to pick up attendant shifts. So is this possible?
Pretty sure you could pick up attendant shifts, you just wouldn't be scheduled for them. Like I could still pick up qsr shifts after I became entertainment.

Solace17

I spent a lot of time at DAK (Everest, Safaris, and Custodial) and always thought "It's Tough to be a Bug" looked like a good role. The costumes are really cool and it seems easy and not as quickly paced as many other attractions. It can get crowded, but it's a big family ride with lots of kids and you don't have to measure heights or anything, and there's no hassle with loading. There's also a big area for stroller parking, so even if you get pram duty it's not that bad. There's also a bit of spieling I think. Oh, and you can spend slow days finding new animals in the tree and ask the kids if they can find them while waiting or something.

That said, all attractions can get monotonous really quickly, but some are easier to get burnt out on than others. It depends what you're looking for. I don't recall what the breaks are or anything, but you'll probably have to eat lunch at the lesser of the two backstage cafeterias. But they do have bikes (unless they've taken them away), and those can be fun if you get to use them regularly.

In my estimation:

1. It's Tough to be a Bug
2. Nemo/Soarin'

I don't think M:S would be that great.

BSikor

Movie Ride is your best choice. Anything with a speaking role is best. Its repetative, but its more interaction than saying, "how many?" over and over again. I worked Body Wars and trust me, you don't want to work any attraction where the puke factor is high. The smell of Voban will be ingrained in your memories forever.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Movie Ride is your best choice. Anything with a speaking role is best. Its repetative, but its more interaction than saying, "how many?" over and over again. I worked Body Wars and trust me, you don't want to work any attraction where the puke factor is high. The smell of Voban will be ingrained in your memories forever.

It's almost kind of minty.

Mr.EPCOT

I can memorize lines fairly well, but this is just not an attraction for me.

'Let's go look at bunch of movies from back in the day, that I've never seen before..yay!' The ride really needs an update.

It's called the GREAT Movie Ride, not the Recent Movie Ride.

BSikor

I always wondered why I never smelled Voban there. It permeated Body Wars. ______. I remember riding M:S during the test previews and there weren't any vomit bags and when I rode it a few months later after the construction wall came down and the ride was open, I remarked at the addition of the barf bargs.

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
I just got off the phone with my casting agent, and I told her I was interested in the West Side attractions (TT, M:S). So I go in on friday and sign the forms, and get all my information. The only thing I am worried about is where I'll be working. She didn't tell me exactly where I will be yet. She said I could be at SSE, M:S, TT, UoE, or the seasonal Body Wars Pavillion. So that's the only thing I am freaking out about right now. Wish me luck!

dani8706

Nemo would be a good choice. At M:S, you won't clean up puke...that's Custodial's job...but you will wear a VERY goofy costume that gets you lots of funny looks =)

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Nemo would be a good choice. At M:S, you won't clean up puke...that's Custodial's job...but you will wear a VERY goofy costume that gets you lots of funny looks =)

I think our costumes are the best looking in the park. I love wearing that costume to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom