Attraction Poster Contest #5 - Food Rocks OR Kitchen Kabaret

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer99

I don't know why I keep entering these contests...

P.S. If my entry violates the rules or ideas of this type of contest please let me know!:)

Attachments

• food.jpg
    food.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 169

daniam2188

Originally posted by imagineer99
I don't know why I keep entering these contests...

P.S. If my entry violates the rules or ideas of this type of contest please let me know!:)

thats AWESOME and really creative... i like it a lot

PhotoDave219

Nice layout - HOWEVER - if you can find a better guitar picture that isnt so pixelated, it will be much better. The pixelazation COMPLETLY takes away from the rest of your image.

Also, some drop shadows on the text would be good, mainly cuz they dont stand out that well. Other than that, good concept :D

The_CEO

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Nice layout - HOWEVER - if you can find a better guitar picture that isnt so pixelated, it will be much better. The pixelazation COMPLETLY takes away from the rest of your image.

Also, some drop shadows on the text would be good, mainly cuz they dont stand out that well. Other than that, good concept :D

Don't know what the heck your talking about.. It isn't pixated.. It's been filtered through some grain or other filters.. Not enlarged.

PhotoDave219

Okay, its noisy as heck.
The two areas that i cut out are an example of what i'm talking about. The noise/grain/pixelation/whatever just detracts from the image as a whole, mainly because it stands out.

My suggestion if to try and find a better pic or to filter in some way to get rid of the noise. Its the only thing that detracts from it, other than that, its a good job. Keep in mind this is a technical thing, not a composition thing.

Attachments

• that.jpg
    that.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 148

imagineer99

Okay, its noisy as heck.
The two areas that i cut out are an example of what i'm talking about. The noise/grain/pixelation/whatever just detracts from the image as a whole, mainly because it stands out.

My suggestion if to try and find a better pic or to filter in some way to get rid of the noise. Its the only thing that detracts from it, other than that, its a good job. Keep in mind this is a technical thing, not a composition thing.

The CEO is correct...I took the orginal picture (which was very clear) and used a film grain filter to give it the grainy look. Personally, I think it looks much better this way. As for the lettering, I'm no expert on graphic design and just don't have the time to add drop shadows to it (I wouldn't even know where to start....I'm using Photoshop LIMITED EDITION). I'm computer savvy, but I've only just started using Photoshop (so I'm learning as I go). A class I'm taking this semester is entitled "Computer Design in the Fine Arts." Hopefully, this will allow me to make much better images in the future. As for right now, I'm just entering these for fun. I don't really expect to win. With the talent on these boards, I think winning is pretty much an impossibility:)

Since your obviously very good at photos, design etc., I welcome your constructive criticism. Thank you very much. I'll try to do much better next time. :D

General Grizz

Here's #1...I have a Kabaret poster comin' later. . . I'll decide which one to formally submit later.

Attachments

• foodrock.jpg
    foodrock.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 151

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by imagineer99
The CEO is correct...I took the orginal picture (which was very clear) and used a film grain filter to give it the grainy look. Personally, I think it looks much better this way. As for the lettering, I'm no expert on graphic design and just don't have the time to add drop shadows to it (I wouldn't even know where to start....I'm using Photoshop LIMITED EDITION). I'm computer savvy, but I've only just started using Photoshop (so I'm learning as I go). A class I'm taking this semester is entitled "Computer Design in the Fine Arts." Hopefully, this will allow me to make much better images in the future. As for right now, I'm just entering these for fun. I don't really expect to win. With the talent on these boards, I think winning is pretty much an impossibility:)

Since your obviously very good at photos, design etc., I welcome your constructive criticism. Thank you very much. I'll try to do much better next time. :D

If i turned in a photo to the desk with that kinda noise in it, i'd be out a job; my boss would look at me and say its not publishible. Its your entry, if you like that noisy look, thats fine. I like your composition, i like the idea, i just think the image quality isnt there.

PS - Drop shadows are under layer styles.

Gregory

If i turned in a photo to the desk with that kinda noise in it, i'd be out a job; my boss would look at me and say its not publishible. Its your entry, if you like that noisy look, thats fine. I like your composition, i like the idea, i just think the image quality isnt there.

PS - Drop shadows are under layer styles.

Yeah.. but do you make ride attraction posters for WDW, or do you take professional pictures?

Gregory

OK... here's my final entry (well... I'll probably end up making changes...)

I actually made a drawing of every character- from the Pineapple to the Candy... but I couldn't get any of them to look right

Anyways.. here we go :) Enjoy!

Attachments

• foodrocks.png
    foodrocks.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 180

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by Gregory
Yeah.. but do you make ride attraction posters for WDW, or do you take professional pictures?

Yes to the latter, no to the former. Graphic design is a hobby, photojournalism is a source of income. :D

CalDisney

Ok Ok Im hearing Im messing up..
Soooooooooooooooooo!!!!:D
Here Is My New Entry

Attachments

• foodrocksposter.jpg
    foodrocksposter.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 174

imagineer99

If i turned in a photo to the desk with that kinda noise in it, i'd be out a job; my boss would look at me and say its not publishible.

Good thing I don't work for your boss!:lol: :lol: :animwink: Thanks for the help on drop shadows (although I don't think Limited Edition offers this feature....I'll check later on in the week)

PhotoDave219

Another was of doing a drop shadow is to duplicate the layer, maybe the text black, turn the opacity down and place it behind the text. Of course, thats a PITA.

SirNim

Here's mine. :)

I am aware some elements (like the text) bear a resemblance to Grizz's poster (e.g., "...seasoned performers..."). For the record, I have been working on this poster since the day the contest was announced, and I had decided what elements I wanted to include in it. So, all I can say is that it's coincidence... :)

I retain the right to edit this if and when I find something I want to change on it... :lol: ;)

Attachments

• kitchenpostersmall1.jpg
    kitchenpostersmall1.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 499
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom