Attn: Ladies!

kybred72

What do you carry your female needs in (i.e. chapstick, sunglasses, hygiene products, etc? I want something functional yet stylish and therefore won't be wearing a fannypack :hurl: No offense to those who wear them but looking for other alternatives. So, what do you use?

Thanks!

27 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:

Well I'm guy, but I'll chime in. I'd recommend any of the Italian leather trip bags from E-bags. We just got our new one in the mail yesterday. Our last bag from them has lasted 4 WDW trips without issue. I use leather conditioner and waterproofing spray for leather on them. They'll help keep your internal items dry during those pop-up daily rain showers much better than cloth bags.

Plus.... a guy can carry it and it don't look too girlish.. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hi I have a few bags I use depending on the time of year we go. I usually use my Mickey Pink Backpack bag and wallet set. I love it!!! I also have this cute Tink (Green Cross Body) bag I got at Animal Kingdom about 4 years ago, I use that too. I hardly ever us the Dooney & Burke I bought to bring to the parks it's just too big and it has no zipper. I love love love your bags Sweetpea!!! I am sure lots of ladies would buy them on here if you had a store on Etsy! :wave::sohappy:

Upvote 0

WDWLOYAL1971

I always use a light weight small crossbody bag. It holds the essentials plus my cameral. Very convenient, when getting in and out of rides, you don't have to take if off even when we're dinning. And hands free all the time. Perfect. The one I use lately I purchased at M.K. black with white mickey's. Just perfect.:wave:

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I have used small purses that have the extra long strap and wear it crossover style. This year I'm getting one of those small, organizer bags so I won't need a wallet. If I need a certain female "personal item" I have a little decorative zipper pouch I keep them in. I usually carry my lip color for the day, lip balm for everyone, a brush, a P&S camera, my driver's license, our Key to the World, a credit card (just in case), small amount of cash and a copy of all our reservation numbers. All this has fit into the little purses I have purchased. I have 2 now but I want to try the organizer one this time. They are usually inexpensive. The first one I bought was $6 and the last one was $10 and the one I want is $12. All from Walmart and they held up nicely.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

I agree...I also would TOTALLY love one of these, especially the other one, with the Mickey pattern. The inside looks so well made. You should go into business but don't forget your WDWMagic pals who wanted them first!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

What to do???

LOL, now I wish I hadn't read this thread! I don't know what to do, I was all ready to go out and buy the organizer bag I saw but now I'm not sure - I want a cute Disney bag! BUT, what if I get there and they don't have what I want (organizer) or they do have an organizer but not one I like? Hmmm, we already have quite an extensive souvenier list, too.

Guess I'll have to think this out before we leave next month.

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
This thread drummed up a lotta great suggestions. Thanks! :wave: And perhaps drummed up some business for sweetpee! Totally agree; super cute bags, I'd definitely buy one!

26 days!!!!!

Upvote 0

MissM

MissM! Do you remember a couple years ago the little backpacks, bags, and wallets they did that looked like Vera Bradley's but they had Mickeys all in them? I got so lucky and caught the pink backpack and wallet on clearance on one of our trips (I wanna say it was May 08). That set has been a staple for me for years. I've washed both pieces numerous times and aired them dry. Great set! ((BTW, I haven't commented on your thread but I've been keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Hang in there, girl. You're gonna be a-okay. :animwink:))
Hrm, I think I may have missed those. It's not ringing a bell. They sound cute though! (Oh and you totally should offer some of your Disney bags on Etsy or something. They're adorable!)

Appreciate the support. Surgery is just scary but so far *knock wood* it's all going according to plan so there's no reason to think the surgery won't as well.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I have an assortment of small bags that I only carry at WDW. My favorites are the 2 that I made. They're so perfect. They're the same bag in 2 different fabrics w/different embellishments. See?

photo-2.jpg

This is the one I like bestest:

photo-3.jpg

They have a little velcro tab closure to hold shut. Inside is enough space for the bare essentials and 2 pockets to hold KttW card & id.

photo-4.jpg

It was a very simple pattern that I made these from. I'm sure I altered it somewhat to fit my needs. Like the pockets weren't part of the pattern. I remember bustin' out an old KttW to make sure I had the slots perfect. They're made to be worn cross-body.

100_1303.jpg

The best thing about these bags is how fast you can breeze thru the bag check with them. Walk up, hold it open, and done. No unzipping compartments, digging stuff out to open up, shifting things around, etc. Very simple. Cute. Machine washable. And when you sit down on attractions or to eat you don't even have to take them off. Just shift the little bag forward into your lap and you're set.

:wave:

OMG so freakin cute!!! :) I love them....

I just use my regular purse. In May I used my Coach purse that isnt really big enough to put over my shoulder so it was a pain. In November though I plan on getting a crossbody bag. My sister has one and she loves hers!

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I use a Vera Bradley small hipster across the shoulder bag and I love it. Its big enough to hold what I need, but not cumbersome.

I'm with you on the Vera Bradley mini-hipster. It's like a pack for the un- pack crowd. I got one for my mom and we wear them together - we look like a page out of a catalogue:

http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=mini+hipster&x=40&y=10

OK - not nearly as cute as sweetpea's bags but does the job!

Upvote 0

Cas206

I love carrying the Disney drawstring bags. They have a new one for every year that shows the 2-digit year.

It's stylish, doesn't kill my back AND it's one of my favorite keepsakes of each of my Disney trips to commemorate the year we visited.

Shopping Tip: We always purchase them at MouseGear at EPCOT.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

Love the bags, Kelly! Too cute!

I carry a Vera Bradley backpack. I like it for the most part. As far as any products (chapstick, face powder, whatever) I put into a small travel makeup pouch in my backpack so it is all conveniently together. However, I am going to buy a gender neutral backpack for my next trip. I told my husband that it was his turn to carry our things. :lol:

Upvote 0
Silly question, but our last trip I shoved everything in my pockets and carried as little as possible because I didnt want to have to fuss with lockers for certain rides. (For example Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey all bags had to be in lockers)

Do you ladies have any problems like this using these types of bags? I really dont want to have to use a pack... My 's big enough without something to make it look larger!!! :ROFLOL:
THanks!!

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I love crossbody bags! I use one as my everyday bag when going to work. When I'm at the parks I use a Vera Bradley ID holder for my cards and some cash. I do keep a small cosmetic bag with other necessities in the small messenger bag my husband carries.

And major props to you, Kelly! I just started knitting a few months ago but sewing is a completely different ballgame to me. I love the interior...look at you being all smart and measuring to fit a KttW card. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom