At&t Gone

bdhowell

Original Poster
Yesterday was the last day of AT&T's sponsorship of Spaceship Earth. Thank you for all the memories and we will miss you at EPCOT.

- SSE Cast

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by bdhowell
Yesterday was the last day of AT&T's sponsorship of Spaceship Earth. Thank you for all the memories and we will miss you at EPCOT.

- SSE Cast

I thought the last day was 1 Jan 03?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Maybe if they do change the narration, they'll take out that ANNOYING girl at the end... "May I have your attention please... GLOBAL NEIGHBORHOOD...blah blah blah".

I hated that they added that! Her high pitched voice totally took me out of any good mood from watching the ride. She's like the buzz kill of SE. :lol:

BRER STITCH

Hmmmmmm.....

With all the money they are saving now, I suppose they'll run right out and lower their long distance rates......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blm07

I think AT&T is doing something bad with newsgroups servers for their internet customers now also...

gjpjtj

Will we even have the "Global Neighborhood" anymore??

(Not that I feel it would be a big loss. As long as not much changes on the ride!)

Tim G

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Hmmmmmm.....

With all the money they are saving now, I suppose they'll run right out and lower their long distance rates......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I'll stick to Sprint anyhow...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tim G

Originally posted by bdhowell
Nothing has changed so far, but signs will be down soon. They are not letting us know anything. :fork:

emmm...

What did you expect? LOL LOL

Gendale, Februari 1, 2003

Dear mr. CDHowel,

We are sorry to inform you that AT&T did not prolong their sponsorship, regarding SpaceShip Earth.
Therefore we are glad to announce that Microsoft has taken over the sponsorship and we are going to rehab the whole ride, starting in 2005, into something quite different.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Eisner.

CEO Walt Disney Company...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL...

There you go!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pepsistar

:hammer: This may be a dumb ??? BUT Will SE still be open? My grandson is going next weekend and it is the "ONE" thing he always has to go on----- I do not know why, as he is only six, always has to on it first!!! everytime we go-----

:veryconfu :lookaroun

SirNim

Originally posted by pepsistar
:hammer: This may be a dumb ??? BUT Will SE still be open? My grandson is going next weekend and it is the "ONE" thing he always has to go on----- I do not know why, as he is only six, always has to on it first!!! everytime we go-----

:veryconfu :lookaroun
Of course it will be open, even without a sponsor. Common speculation says that if Microsoft becomes the sponsor, and Disney decides to rehab the ride, then SE will close sometime in late? 2004. But next weekend, SE will be open, regardless of (lack of) sponsorship. :) You have nothing to worry about!

sigsegv

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Common speculation says that if Microsoft becomes the sponsor...
Can you imagine? That thing would be down more often than TT. "Please excuse the interruption while we reboot the ride." :hammer:

-sig

Tim G

Originally posted by sigsegv
Can you imagine? That thing would be down more often than TT. "Please excuse the interruption while we reboot the ride." :hammer:
Dear Clients, please stay calm, We just encountered a Blue Screen of Death, we will send Microsoft an error report,
After that the ride will continue in a couple of seconds.......

ehhh............. Minutes...

ehhhh........... Hours...

ehhhhhhhhhh........ Dear clients,
We're proud to present you a full breakfast tomorrow morning... until then...

Please stay in your buggy...

sigsegv

Originally posted by Corrus
Dear Clients, please stay calm, We just encountered a Blue Screen of Death, we will send Microsoft an error report,
After that the ride will continue in a couple of seconds.......

ehhh............. Minutes...

ehhhh........... Hours...

ehhhhhhhhhh........ Dear clients,
We're proud to present you a full breakfast tomorrow morning... until then...

Please stay in your buggy...
...and "slammer" would take on a whole new meaning! Ouch! :D

-sig

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
Maybe if they do change the narration, they'll take out that ANNOYING girl at the end... "May I have your attention please... GLOBAL NEIGHBORHOOD...blah blah blah".

I hated that they added that! Her high pitched voice totally took me out of any good mood from watching the ride. She's like the buzz kill of SE. :lol:

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!! WELCOME TO THE NEW GLOBAL NEIGHBORHOOD!!!! NOW THAT YOU'VE SEEN THE FUTURE, I INVITE YOU TO PLAY WITH IT... C'MON!!! I'LL MEET YOU THERE!!!

Yeah.. I was there recently (2/1/03)

:)

wdwjmp239

New Sponsorship?

I wonder how much it would take for my computer programming business to sponsor Spaceship Earth...

*looks in wallet*

I have $5 to my name.... Disney?? Interested??? Guess not... ;)

lol

BRER STITCH

Re: New Sponsorship?

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
I wonder how much it would take for my computer programming business to sponsor Spaceship Earth...

*looks in wallet*

I have $5 to my name.... Disney?? Interested??? Guess not... ;)

lol

AT+T was only paying $4.50...........

Just your luck....MicroSoft offered $6!!!!

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom