At sse

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That is according to Future World West managers and there were shifts on the HUB for SSE cast members to work on 12/14.

Oo, nice. Does the shift listening require updated training as of a certain date? Like, it normally says "Jungle Cruise Trained as of ...." (when they last had a safety modification or procedure change). Or does it appear to operate the same way SSE always has?

marmiedook

Check out the SSE Preview Video!

Check out the preview video of SSE at
www.orlandosentinel.com

It is confirmed by Disney that it will open next week!

I'm SO EXCITED since I'll be in Orlando from December 13-25 and it is one of my FAVORITE rides! I can't wait!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oo, the article explains the choose-your-future part. Neato.

Also, incase you care, the costume for the egyptian has been redone so that he's wearing a proper neck-thingy (i forget the name) and a specific headpiece, i think that's the one for lower egypt, could be upper egyptian though, and the two combine to signify a unified egypt. Very well done from a historical pespective.

t3techcom18

I gotta join the bandwagon here...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY MERF!! :sohappy::sohappy:

If everything goes well, and since I get a half day of school tomorrow, I might jump over there to see what happens. I'm just gunna do like I've been doing the times before (trust me, some SSE CM's have actually pointed me out while I was there cause they recognized me), over in Project Tomorrow. That postshow, I gotta say, now has some sentimental value for me. That's where I wrote my first play that will be in the upcoming Thespian competition come this January! I was there before for like 2-3 hours on end just writing and thinking, and when I couldn't think anymore, I just played some of the games there, off and on from August til October. I'm gunna try and do that again, except with the dual purpose, hehe.

Btw, thanks for posting the article from the Sentinel marmiedook: Now I'm just a tinyy bit worried bout the second half. I'm gunna be really dissapointed if there's just those questions and the customized 'cartoon' thing during the decent. Here's hoping that's saved til the VERY end of it (ie, where the SSE sphere was hanging with the fiberoptics).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Found it:

Atem is usually depicted as a man wearing the Double Crown (both of the crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt). The crowns signify that he is related to rulership over the Two Lands, giving him a close connection with the pharaoh. Horus is also depicted as wearing this crown.

The Double Crown - Pschent. With the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt, the red crown and the white crown were combined to become the double crown, known as the "Two Mighty Ones".

-- Royal Crowns and Headdresses, Egyptology Online

atem_headdress.jpg

---------

Finally my costume history class comes in handy - he's wearing the Pschent in the new ride.

Ok so let's put a stop to the back and forth about it being open or not. To my understanding SSE could be open for previews this month sometimes. Has that changed? Do we know something from Disney that is official? I'm in EPCOT on December 14th and so happy it's a nighttime extra magic hours day! Any chance I'll get on SSE? If not, it's no big deal. But I can't say I want to miss it.

It seems we do a lot of back and forth "I heard this" and "I heard that" on here about this subject. Let's call it what it is and stop getting people's hopes up?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, so now we know what the 2.0 elements will be: "Elements to come later include language options selected by passenger (a Disney first) and more post-show goodies, including a game called Power City and a big globe pinpointing where each day's visitors live."

maggiegrace1

Ok..Michael (STR8FAN2005) just called as he was getting on SSE.:)

He will call when he is done..:)

He has been waiting for a few hours now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom