ASJHLJ's (George"s) spring break 2011 trip report

Our Spring Break 2011 Trip Report

So….I’m not very good at doing trip reports. This will be my 3rd out of ten or so opportunities since discovering magic. A 300 batting average gets you into the baseball hall, but it’s not the best for sharing with all the wonderful people in the Disney online universe. However, I’m doing one now. Part of the issue is that I enjoy reading others trip reports, but when I write, I have issues with the simple temporally linear format employed by everyone else. Thus, I’m going to try something different that won’t work at all, but it makes it possible for me to write a report since I can meander a bit. I will label the sections so my organizationally deficient methodology may at least be somewhat understandable. Without further ado –

The Travelers – Me (George), my better half (Cindy), the boy (Alec), and our girly girl (Hannah).

The dates – 3/31 – We depart north central Indiana after the kids get out of school. 4/1 – We arrive in Orlando in the evening. 4/2 – Take it easy, spend a few hours at DAK. 4/3 – Islands of Adventure. 4/4 – EPCOT, F&G, MIL and FIL join us. 4/5 – Relax. Joined by MIL, FIL, sister, and BIL. 4/6 – MK. 4/7 – DAK. 4/8 – Studios/EPCOT, Relax, swim. 4/9 – MK. 4/10 – Depart.

Pictures will occasionally appear in the text to emphasize a point and the bulk will follow all the wordy words.

For dramatic effect - bathing suit pics will be included and there will be a bit of full rear nudity.

We use photopass and Cindy usually has the camera, so there aren't any pics of her included, since this report will have no professional PP pics. There were some really nice pics of Cindy and her friend, but I'm not sure if her friend would approve of being on the interwebz, so I didn't include them. But, I really do have a wife. Several people can confirm this.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Indy Jones Stunt Show – The boy really loves this, so we always watch it. They didn’t do the climb up on the ladder part of the city fight scene. Is that a permanent change? Did I miss a news blurb where someone got injured?

Indy Jones Stunt Show – The boy really loves this, so we always watch it. They didn’t do the climb up on the ladder part of the city fight scene. Is that a permanent change? Did I miss a news blurb where someone got injured?

I'm guessing the boy really, really loves it? :lookaroun

Great trip report George! Chronology is nowhere near as important as content, you can write your TRs any way you want, there are no rules. Sounds like you guys had a great time. :cool:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
This was good. :king:

Thanks!

Laura said:
Felt like I was flying all over Orlando with that report. My brain only works chronologically.

Been so long since I've been over here I had no idea they did new queues for Pooh and Mansion. Almost makes me wanna go to Disney World. (Almost)

I am curious about the random BBQ in Orlando.

The Varsity was obv. the best part of the trip, right?

The random BBQ was at an old friend's house. The idea for free meals (which I'm sure you agree is a great tip) came out of the BBQ. The Varsity is fun.

Also, the Hitchhiking ghosts at the end of the ride have been upgraded. They play with your head and whatnot. Check out the video here on magic.

MontyMon said:
I'm guessing the boy really, really loves it?

Great trip report George! Chronology is nowhere near as important as content, you can write your TRs any way you want, there are no rules. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Why the double quote? :lookaroun

We did have a great time.

scorp111 said:
Nicely done George. I love the random statistics thrown in for authenticity.

Random stats always make me giggle. I also love, "On a scale of 1-10, I give that a pretty good."

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
208077_1971870059011_1310795486_2289547_1334856_n.jpg

:king:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
*thumbs* I don't need chronological order, as long as there are pretty pictures :lookaroun

Thank you!

Katie - Awesome that you posted the Varsity pic. I went back and got rid of the "04." Either my memory is faulty or a login changed. :lol:

TwoTigersMom

The Varsity was obv. the best part of the trip, right?

All that was missing was me! I couldn't get up I-85 because of a dihydrogen monoxide spill. I hear those are EXTREMELY dangerous....right George?? :lookaroun:zipit:

I can definitely vouch for George's pork tenderloin! :slurp: YUMMY does not even begin to explain it!

Great report George. Bout time! :lol: :sohappy:

tigsmom

Nicely done and wonderful photos!
We enjoyed the WWoHP in February and it was so packed you could hardly move. Haven't been to WDW in awhile so I loved those pics...stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and the kids LOVED that slide :eek:

figmentmom

Great trip report, George! I loved the princess makeover photos especially, but it was all good. :D Looks like you had a great time! :king:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Thank you!

Katie - Awesome that you posted the Varsity pic. I went back and got rid of the "04." Either my memory is faulty or a login changed. :lol:

I did use to have the "04" tag at the end, but dropped it a couple of years ago. You have an excellent memory to have come up with that!!! :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Glad to hear the rest of the trip wasn't a complete letdown after the super-awesome beginning. :cool:

Also, I believe the Philhar FP's are a random bonus tossed out to get people into the show. Not sure why they're so hard up for viewers, but that's the word on the street.

brkgnews

Great trip report... and memories of laughter and Big FOs. Love it.

And Heidi... I can't believe you survived a direct encounter with dihydrogen monoxide! The Horrors! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom