AS Movies or CBR

CP_alum08

My vote went to CBR only because I worked there for 6 months and Im a little biased. I have never stayed at Movies, but I have stayed at Sports and I found it to be pretty nice. Obviously you get what you pay for, but the All-Star resorts are really kid friendly where CBR is a little more relaxed and quiet. The pool(s) at CBR are really nice, there are several small pools instead of one huge one which makes them a little quieter and less people. Either are good choices, it just depends what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Private beaches at each of the villages, 8 pools throughout the resort, 7 of which are quiet pools that are ALOT calmer than the themed pool , themed rooms if your into that thing, very nice food court and a sit down restaurant. I will always choose CBR over any Value or Mod.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am not a fan of CBR at all. It is my least favorite resort. It was difficult to get around and time consuming. While I am a DVC member I would rather stay at an AS than CBR.

Upvote 0

Andrew54

I was so disapointed last time we stayed at CBR the pool was under refurb, and they opened the new pool at Old Port Royal the day we left. :(

Personally the hotel doesnt matter to me because we are never there, so for the money I'd stay at an AS.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

If you have kids, they will LOVE the new pool. I was there last fall and spent most of my time at the pool on the water slide and wishing they would let "big kids" use the water play area with the cool pirate ship.

I think the kids will enjoy CBR more, but the only downside is the size. If they are young and you are far from Port Royale, they won't be too keen on the walking. I suppose if you are at the back of AS Movies, its a bit of a walk anyhow. You can always hop the resort bus loop if you want and the local stop is closer than a walk around the lagoon.

Upvote 0

bhg469

I would consider an all star over CBR since despite it being a moderate it is not much less busy than the all stars. It has decent theming but really doesn't feel like I was getting more for my money there.

Upvote 0

rubydoo2

I've stayed at both AS Movies and CBR and I would definatly go for All Stars.
Especially with younger children, there is much more geared toward children at All Stars and it's easier to get around. CBR is large and quite badly laid out; if you're in the wrong place it can take you over 15 minutes just to get to the food court.Also, you say you're going in October? CBR is based around a lovely lake with fake beaches, which would be lovey in the summer, but beginning of October you probably wouldn't get much use from them!
:)

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

I would ALWAYS prefer any moderate resort instead of the values. The only reason to stay at a value really is saving money. Just like I would prefer any deluxe to a moderate.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

Private beaches at each of the villages, 8 pools throughout the resort, 7 of which are quiet pools that are ALOT calmer than the themed pool , themed rooms if your into that thing, very nice food court and a sit down restaurant. I will always choose CBR over any Value or Mod.

I agree. While the AS Movies is more kid friendly, it also reminded me of college in that you have many multi-story buildings surrounding a pool (no, we didn't have a central pool at my college). I guess what I'm saying is that I don't enjoy having a ton of people using the same pool at my resort, regardless of how big it is. I'll go to BB or TL for that.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I've stayed at both AS Movies and CBR and I would definatly go for All Stars.
Especially with younger children, there is much more geared toward children at All Stars and it's easier to get around. CBR is large and quite badly laid out; if you're in the wrong place it can take you over 15 minutes just to get to the food court.Also, you say you're going in October? CBR is based around a lovely lake with fake beaches, which would be lovey in the summer, but beginning of October you probably wouldn't get much use from them!
:)

That comment I bolded is not true. it stays hot down here through November. You would definitely still get good use of them through October and early November. Most of our extended weekend trips happen between August and November and we always lay out during the day. Heck, we've spent Christmas Eve on a REAL beach sunbathing before down here in FL. Our cooler nights really don't start until Thanksgiving, and cooler days really don't happen until Mid December. The beaches normally aren't that crowded anyway regardless of when you go because 75% of the people staying at the resorts are focused on heading to the parks! We always are able to find ourselves some hammocks to lay in.

Also, you can easily request a certain village on your ressie, or if you get there and they put you in a village you do not like, you can ask to be switched. We always ask to stay in Aruba (which is directly across Barefoot Bay from Port Royale...which is where the main pool and the foodcourt) and our request is always honored. All we have to do is walk across the island in the center of the lake and we're at Port Royale. You don't have to stay in any village or any room that you aren't happy with.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

I have never stayed at the Allstar Movies but have stayed at Music and Sports several times and consider them comparable. While I have nothing really negative to say about the value resorts if you're just giving me a choice between CBR and Music, and money is not an object to consider, CBR has much more to offer. It's my opinion that it really comes down to what YOU are expecting from your resort. If I am just looking for a place to sleep for the evening I am not going to spend more money on a resort for services and ammenities that are not going to benifit me. The value resorts will more than accomadate me. If I am going to be spending a little more time at the resort, which we have been doing more frequently than I would go for CBR.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I would consider an all star over CBR since despite it being a moderate it is not much less busy than the all stars. It has decent theming but really doesn't feel like I was getting more for my money there.

Couldn't agree more. We haven't stayed at movies but we've stayed at all the other all stars and CBR. We just didn't like CBR it's a lot of walking, not too great of a theme, the buses take a very long time. I would pick All Star.... Or try a different Moderate.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

just did a quick trip mid april and we stayed at allstar movies and our room was soooooo in need of a renovation that it was nasty. there was a big hole in the bedspread that looked like someone left the dryer on to long right in the dead center. there were huge gouge marks on the furniture with two spots looking literally like big chunks were taken out. one of the drawers on the dresser hung crooked. the staff were great and could teach the staff of the bwi a thing or two but NEVER AGAIN would i stay there. stayed at cbr back in 2004 and it was nice then and it's been updated since then so i'd stay at cbr over movies in a heartbeat. i'd love to stay in one of the new pirate rooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom