News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

Casper Gutman

To be completely fair, SW at the Wilderness makes about as much sense as Poppins, Alice, or Pooh at a hotel meant to be set in either Florida (by name) or San Diego (by architectural influence). The essential problem is that not every meal has to be middling, expensive, and generic with sweat-soaked college kids sweltering in humid foam mascot uniforms staggering between tables.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just about every character meal is just Sysco & GFS product. It's embarrassing. I remember fondly when the food was so good you'd often want recipes for many dishes.

Chef Mickey's dinner had to be the worst restaurant meal I've ever had in my life, food-wise. It used to be decent - anybody remember the home made parmesan mashed potatoes? Now it all tastes like prison slop.

So people throw basic Econ around all the time when discussing parks and it’s wrong 99% of the time...

Well here’s where it’s applicable...the customer won’t say NOOO!!
To anything.

And when that’s the case...you invite the seller to squeeze you in quality and service. Period.

The goal in a restaurant should be “what do we need to do to keep the business? At a minimum”. Instead it’s “how much can we get away with/push it?”

It’s the customers fault. As are some of the problems we talk about right. Just scan this thread.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
To be completely fair, SW at the Wilderness makes about as much sense as Poppins, Alice, or Pooh at a hotel meant to be set in either Florida (by name) or San Diego (by architectural influence). The essential problem is that not every meal has to be middling, expensive, and generic with sweat-soaked college kids sweltering in humid foam mascot uniforms staggering between tables.

Victorian Era architecture/decor of GF - Mary Poppins/Alice
Edwardian (close enough to Victorian) - Winnie the Pooh

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just about every character meal is just Sysco & GFS product. It's embarrassing. I remember fondly when the food was so good you'd often want recipes for many dishes.

Chef Mickey's dinner had to be the worst restaurant meal I've ever had in my life, food-wise. It used to be decent - anybody remember the home made parmesan mashed potatoes? Now it all tastes like prison slop.

Please... don't remind me of my now-departed, beloved parmesan mashed potatoes... :cry:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Plating individual dishes requires extra CMs in the back...

Prime rib is also less expensive than steak.

286242BD-F8FF-4164-9B60-FBCE6F01277D.jpeg

Unplugged

Regardless of what the prime rib is (though I do know), it is NOT from our AP Buffalo, and it is not from a German Elk or other game animal. Any of those would at least make the meat appropriate to either the theming or the story. It is instead (most likely) an Imagineering genetically altered cow that lives only in the forest in animation happiness smiling and dancing to the love story of Snow White. Thus, it fits perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom