News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

LSLS

So not sure why it never hit me til now, but is this the least amount of characters walking around of all the character meals? I can't think of any that have only 3 characters. Even the ones with someone out front have 4 characters walking around.

Disorbust

So a year or so ago someone posted how Disney was thinking of the characters handing out "business" cards and not doing signatures. To me that is where the "apple" will be going.

dav2205

So not sure why it never hit me til now, but is this the least amount of characters walking around of all the character meals? I can't think of any that have only 3 characters. Even the ones with someone out front have 4 characters walking around.

Cape May breakfast had 3 when I went (Donald, Goofy, Minnie), but they added Daisy within the last year or so.
Ohana breakfast has 3 roaming the restaurant and Stitch outside. I think 4 total is pretty standard.

LSLS

Cape May breakfast had 3 when I went (Donald, Goofy, Minnie), but they added Daisy within the last year or so.
Ohana breakfast has 3 roaming the restaurant and Stitch outside. I think 4 total is pretty standard.

Ohana must have changed. We haven't been there in a few years, but there was no character out front and all 4 traveled to your table. The only ones I could think of with characters out front were 1900 , Akershus, and Cinderella.

trainplane3

There was Dopey, Grumpy, the Witch, and Snow White.

dav2205

Ohana must have changed. We haven't been there in a few years, but there was no character out front and all 4 traveled to your table. The only ones I could think of with characters out front were 1900 , Akershus, and Cinderella.

Stitch was outside when I ate at Ohana last year, haven't heard if they've switched that back or not.

You also get a picture out front at Hollywood and Vine with one of the characters (Minnie at Halloween when I dined there).

LSLS

Stitch was outside when I ate at Ohana last year, haven't heard if they've switched that back or not.

You also get a picture out front at Hollywood and Vine with one of the characters (Minnie at Halloween when I dined there).

Boy, guess it's been a while since we have really eaten at these places since we switched to doing more cruises than parks. Guess I was surprised by something that isn't all that surprising.

bunnyman

Not sure how long Winnie the Pooh was there, but Pocahontas and Meeko were there for a good time in the '90s. I ate there then. I believe it may have opened with that as a the character breakfast but not sure.

I found on another site that the Pooh breakfast was there from 1998 to 2001, which fits in with my memories of eating there when my kids were little in 1998 and 2000.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DFB isn't afraid to criticize WDW. Just look at the titles of their YouTube videos where they list things that are not only good and must-dos, but things which are the worst and skippable and not a good value.

The Nameless One amidst the usual snark rated the new Artist Point M&G Meal in the upper tier of M&G Meals (and he was ready to hate it).

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Another vlog was informed by their server the menu would be updated seasonally. I’ll admit, I’m a little leery of some earthy flavors in this menu.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Kenny the Pirate: thought the new meal and M&G was great, except for the new specialty drinks.

WDWinfo (the DIS):
  • liked the new ambience; good service
  • mixed review on apps;
  • generally good review on specialty drinks;
  • entrees: great veal shank; fish OK; chicken OK; sides were good; prime rib good
  • desserts: good, especially gooseberry pie
  • characters: great face characters;
  • overall: a definite improvement for Artist's Point; great price for the meal and especially with the bonus of characters, scale of 10: an 8-9.5
The Other, Easier Nameless Site thought it was an improvement and one of the better character meals.

Tom Bricker: Generally good. Recommended. (Even though still pining for the old Artist's Pointe.)

Also of note: all the characters sign. If the apps and desserts are too small, you can get more.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Looking at all the reviews, this looks like it's on par with the Rapunzel Bon Voyage breakfast, which is, IMO, the best character meal. Good food and great characters to interact with. This is slightly more themed decoration-wise to fit with the M&G. Al Forno is just an Italian restaurant in theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom