Around the Resorts in 30 Days

spacemt354

Chili's
Because there's nothing really futuristic about it, would a film with video games more than 30 years old take place in a world set hundreds of years in the future?
Carousel of Progress takes place mainly in the past, Monsters Inc and Buzz take place in present day.

And with Tron, it makes even more sense than the land would tie in with video games, especially being inside one, on the northern side of the land.

What would be your suggestion?

FireMountain

Carousel of Progress takes place mainly in the past, Monsters Inc and Buzz take place in present day.

And with Tron, it makes even more sense than the land would tie in with video games, especially being inside one, on the northern side of the land.

What would be your suggestion?
You make a lot of fair points.

But for me, as I said earlier, I would make it a WALL-E attraction.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
While a little bit behind - here is the topic of today!

Redo WDW Main Street Shops (Penny Arcade, Cinema, etc) - FireMountain
I would say add them in alongside the Main Street Bypass when they make that permanent. They'll need some simple, small shops along there to make it feel complete. The penny arcade, magic shop, cinema... All could be done with very small buildings and investments to fill out the side street without sacrificing the much needed Emporium space

FireMountain

I would say add them in alongside the Main Street Bypass when they make that permanent. They'll need some simple, small shops along there to make it feel complete. The penny arcade, magic shop, cinema... All could be done with very small buildings and investments to fill out the side street without sacrificing the much needed Emporium space
Exactly what I was thinking!

spacemt354

Chili's
Today we revamp Pixar Pier. GO!
I think it should be themed to the Star Wars sequel trilogy and @S.P.E.W gets a lifetime pass ;)
in-an-alternate-universe-where-kylo-ren-admired-his-grandmother-instead-of-his-grandfather-A8DPT.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How about this, we retheme Pixar Pier to Disney Channel Sitcoms?
Thats a tough one just because Disney Channel sitcoms are inherently not timeless. The leads start off as kids and then we watch them grow for 5 or so years. Then Disney helps them launch a music career. Then they usually either fade to obscurity or become crazy.

You couldn't do Hannah Montana without thinking about watching or grow from a 15 year old into Wrecking Ball Miley Cyrus. Or Waverly Place without thinking of Selena Gomez.

Animated shows are different because you rarely if ever see them grow or change. Movies are different because you only see specific snapshots.

But live action tv shows allow us to see these characters in a constant state of change (puberty and teenage years). Often with characters named after the actors to launch music careers more easily.

spacemt354

Chili's
How about this, we retheme Pixar Pier to Disney Channel Sitcoms?
Eh hard to keep that updated in a contemporary setting.

There was never anything wrong with a boardwalk theme - fits Cali and is a timepiece land and Screamin' is a great coaster - so it's tough for me to decide how we retheme something that just got rethemed.

My only boring answer is to turn it back into what it was haha Paradise Pier.

FireMountain

Thats a tough one just because Disney Channel sitcoms are inherently not timeless. The leads start off as kids and then we watch them grow for 5 or so years. Then Disney helps them launch a music career. Then they usually either fade to obscurity or become crazy.

You couldn't do Hannah Montana without thinking about watching or grow from a 15 year old into Wrecking Ball Miley Cyrus. Or Waverly Place without thinking of Selena Gomez.

Animated shows are different because you rarely if ever see them grow or change. Movies are different because you only see specific snapshots.

But live action tv shows allow us to see these characters in a constant state of change (puberty and teenage years). Often with characters named after the actors to launch music careers more easily.
I was just joking about the sitcom thing. But you are entirely right.

There was never anything wrong with a boardwalk theme - fits Cali and is a timepiece land and Screamin' is a great coaster - so it's tough for me to decide how we retheme something that just got rethemed.

Yeah, turning it back to Paradise Pier would make those fans who despise IPs in the parks happy.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

I think what would help the Pixar Pier idea be a lot better would be to center it on one IP or setting.

"Pixar" isn't a theme. It's a studio. The movies all take place in wildly different universes and settings and time periods. Marvel or Muppets work as a unifying theme because they are one universe/world. Pixar doesn't.

Obvious answer would be Toy Story Pier. Keep the same aesthetic style of Toy Story Mania. A slight toyified version of a classic California pier. But don't go as garish or tacky as the critter carousel looks. Keep it subtle and classy.

Woody hosts Toy Story Mania. Jessie does host the carousel (but no giant statue and keep it looking like a standard carousel just with critter instead of sea creatures). Buzz hosts Screaming (kept mostly the same just with some LGMs repairing parts of the coaster and the coaster cars given a purple/green color scheme). Wheezy singing jazzy music somewhere. The carousel gets the Pixar Yellow Ball on the face of it. One of the Toy Story Land flat rides placed where the inside out ride is going. Etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom